Main Menu

I miss....

Started by trukus, Oct 29, 2010, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

This is beautiful. Nice work, headhunter. How awesome would it be to work at that desk with those on the wall above you???
Cow temperature.

j_rud

Not to knock the other posters but how ridiculous is the Burwell poster? I like a lot of his stuff but his MMJ stuff just stands apart. Im really not a "collector" of anything but I consider that stuff art worth having.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Penny Lane

is that an old fashioned scale? sweet!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ericm

QuoteNot to knock the other posters but how ridiculous is the Burwell poster? I like a lot of his stuff but his MMJ stuff just stands apart. Im really not a "collector" of anything but I consider that stuff art worth having.

Gotta agree with you here. I like them all, but the Burwell is my favorite, by far. It seems like every time I find myself looking at it, I see something new.

It almost has a 3D effect to it, like everything is popping right out of the poster.

Along with all the memories, this is another great thing I'll always have from that amazing week in NYC and T5. 8-)

"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

QuoteNot to knock the other posters but how ridiculous is the Burwell poster? I like a lot of his stuff but his MMJ stuff just stands apart. Im really not a "collector" of anything but I consider that stuff art worth having.

Gotta agree with you here. I like them all, but the Burwell is my favorite, by far. It seems like every time I find myself looking at it, I see something new.

It almost has a 3D effect to it, like everything is popping right out of the poster.

Along with all the memories, this is another great thing I'll always have from that amazing week in NYC and T5. 8-)

me too me too...it's so decadent looking...i just love the colors....
such a great week!
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

Hey eric, trish & bob-- did you guys frame & hang your posters yet?  All 5 together or separate around the house?
was some shakin' and some record playin'

tdb810

QuoteHey eric, trish & bob-- did you guys frame & hang your posters yet?  All 5 together or separate around the house?

Oh my gosh Jeff -- no we didn't :(  you caught us!  We know where we are putting them and they will be altogether, but we just haven't had the chance to get it done yet.  
Truth be told, I am a bit of a procrastinator :) As soon as we do it, I will post it up here.  
Hope you are well!  

headhunter

Beth says hi and to send a photo once you frame them and get em on the wall!

I procrastinate too but putting these up was a priority for me.  A Daily reminder of the year's best week.

tdb810

QuoteBeth says hi and to send a photo once you frame them and get em on the wall!

I procrastinate too but putting these up was a priority for me.  A Daily reminder of the year's best week.

Tell Beth I said Hi back!

And we discussed the poster-putting-up at McGee's...all part of the
ocd :)

ericm

QuoteHey eric, trish & bob-- did you guys frame & hang your posters yet?  All 5 together or separate around the house?

Jeff,
Absolutely framed and hung together on the Sunday after T5!  ;D  I had a nice spot set aside for them, and have the Louisville Steam Boat one in there too, for a nice six-pack. ;)  Two rows of three across. I've got my Bitchin' Soul Situation and Rock,Soul, Danger stickers in there also, at the bottom of the ISM frame.

Now I'm just trying to figure out where to put the Branjo Louisville one. I really like that one , but it's a bit smaller, 13"x19". I think I'll just have to put it in between the Philly and Vermont ones.

Tell Beth I said hi too, and can't wait til we can all get-together again.

Anyone know of a MMJ cover band?  ;) I'm jonesin!!
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Jeff,
Absolutely framed and hung together on the Sunday after T5!  ;D  I had a nice spot set aside for them, and have the Louisville Steam Boat one in there too, for a nice six-pack. ;)  Two rows of three across. I've got my Bitchin' Soul Situation and Rock,Soul, Danger stickers in there also, at the bottom of the ISM frame.

Now I'm just trying to figure out where to put the Branjo Louisville one. I really like that one , but it's a bit smaller, 13"x19". I think I'll just have to put it in between the Philly and Vermont ones.

http://site.johnnyyac.com/Portfolio.php  ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

peafunk31

Jeff,

http://site.johnnyyac.com/Portfolio.php  ;)

A JohnnYYac led lazer harp mmj karaoke reunion party? [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Homer no function beer well without.

ChiefOKONO

did someone mention Karaoke??!?! i am IN!!!!

bluesky

I always lose my voice doing karaoke, but count me in on this one too!!!
:)
Quotedid someone mention Karaoke??!?! i am IN!!!!

headhunter

I've already been fortunate enough to hear Johnny play live and if he is doing another show on the east coast, i'll be up on the rail.

lil sis

QuoteRuckus, you ain't as cute as soulshine but you are one beautiful soul.  I miss your big smile and hanging with you too!
I want to cry right now!!!  :'(  I miss you guys so much! I wish we could have a group hug.  :-*

We need to round up the crew again and sometime in the near future.

;)

wish I knew where that group hug emote is that I've seen on this board in the past :'(

[size=24][/size]  

Missin' the bejeebies 'atta everyone!
I was only there one night, but I remember looking over and watching Woody groove with Liz and Laura on the rail.  She and the rest of you guys made me realize the whole week must have been fantastic.  By the way, do you mind that I call you Woody, Jen?

[highlight]one of my favorite moments (so, ok, there were A LOT) was during touch me part 2, when i looked over to where haldon had been rocking out @ the rail & seeing john there instead - w/ the biggest smile on his face.  how wonderful of haldon to swap spots so john could get a front row view of jim's sweet 'chord action.  it made me feel very warm & fuzzy inside[/highlight].

similarly - watching the sea of people part like the red sea for trish to make her way to the rail for careless whisper.

i miss all you good people very, very much  :(

T5 reunion  :-?  
I snapped a pic of that moment  ;)

[highlight][/highlight][highlight][/highlight]
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

johnnYYac

Jeff, you are too kind.  He heard me play a malfunctioning OM-200m.  I've since picked up a fully functional unit and hope to record Touch Me Part 2 after the Patriots win lose this afternoon.  I'll post it here and on my site.

Lil sis, thanks for posting the picture.  It was a highlight for me to occupy the rail for a version of TM2 with some 'chord flourishes I'd never heard from Jim before.  Everyone was so generous and accomodating then and throughout the night.  

And my eyes actually glow red when I hear the laser harp. ;)

Stay tuned...

EDIT: Well, Pats lost, baby's sick, its pitch black at 5:30, recording will have to wait.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Soulshine

QuoteRuckus, you ain't as cute as soulshine but you are one beautiful soul.  I miss your big smile and hanging with you too!
I want to cry right now!!!  :'(  I miss you guys so much! I wish we could have a group hug.  :-*

We need to round up the crew again and sometime in the near future.

;)

wish I knew where that group hug emote is that I've seen on this board in the past :'(

[size=24][/size]  

Missin' the bejeebies 'atta everyone!
I was only there one night, but I remember looking over and watching Woody groove with Liz and Laura on the rail.  She and the rest of you guys made me realize the whole week must have been fantastic.  By the way, do you mind that I call you Woody, Jen?

one of my favorite moments (so, ok, there were A LOT) was during touch me part 2, when i looked over to where haldon had been rocking out @ the rail & seeing john there instead - w/ the biggest smile on his face.  how wonderful of haldon to swap spots so john could get a front row view of jim's sweet 'chord action.  it made me feel very warm & fuzzy inside.

similarly - watching the sea of people part like the red sea for trish to make her way to the rail for careless whisper.

i miss all you good people very, very much  :(

T5 reunion  :-?  
Thanks, Liz.  That was definitely one MAJOR highlight of the night.  I didn't know who to thank for giving me the rail for TM2, but how many of you can now say you saw near-perfect air-Omnichord?  

When I needed to recover after the Everest set and probable dehydration, getting back to the near-rail from the roof was an adventure, but no one gave me any shit as I pressed my way through the crowd.  I missed Evil Urges and had to stay put during each song before continuing forward.  But I made it!  And [highlight]soulshine was my saving grace.[/highlight]  I owe you a case of bottled water!  If I had to find something negative about my 24 hour adventure, I can't think of anything except maybe the traffic in and out of Long Island (much worse when your bladder is full!).  Oh, and I found a $20 on the floor of T5 after the show!

It's what I do brother.... ;)

Because we're all in this together...

Ruckus

Why does that picture of JohnnyY remind me of Buzz Lightyear?   ;D  I mean it in the best possible way!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

peafunk31

QuoteWhy does that picture of JohnnyY remind me of Buzz Lightyear?   ;D  I mean it in the best possible way!

Probably because they both use lazers in some form:

Buzz = Lazer beams
JohnnY = Lazer harp

Just a theory
Homer no function beer well without.