Main Menu

I miss....

Started by trukus, Oct 29, 2010, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danz

shnikies yvon!  I didn't realize how serious it was that you have been on crutches this entire time.  Bummer!  But I'm glad your almost recovered.  Was it a fracture? 

BH

Dang Ms. Y!   Glad your better.  That was more of a doozy than I thought.   Rail chasing is a dangerous business.  :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

Holy cats, yvon!  Didn't realize you still had a bad wheel!  Glad to hear it's improved - fully expect you to be in fighting form for those summer tour dates!

Big hugs, my dear.  Hope you're 100% soon!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Crispy

Hooray for losing the crutches! And for reminding me to give props to jdbartender for being willing to brave his way through the crowd close to game time, which got harder as the week went on. Although danz wouldn't have had a problem either. ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

darkglow

i was listening to the new decemberists album on the NPR stream site last night and LOL'd thinking about when i showed you guys (ChiefOKONOS, BH, ralph, chrispy, +more)that "here come the waves" film that was basically "hazards of love" visualized with all those trippy effects and plus we were all watching in an altered state at 3-4am

ms. yvon

^^^ i'm sorry to have missed that!

thanks all!  turns out what i'd imagined to be a "bad bruise" was a broken  5th metatarsal bone in my right foot.  the first time i saw an x-ray of it i got a little weak in the knees.  aside from trying to walk on it the first couple days it didn't cause me any pain.  i am lucky, there.

i've been wearing an unfashionable "surgery shoe" this whole time.  i've got 2 more weeks in this shoe before i can get into sneakers.

a funny result of this is that instead of my apt. being littered with shoes, it is littered with only left shoes.  :D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Penny Lane

crutch free=bad assery
that's great ms y!! you were such a trooper..i was standing outside T5 on NYE telling people to be careful of the stampede (there wasn't one, never like i'd seen with MMJ) because of my friend who had that happen to her..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 04, 2011, 05:23 PM
i was listening to the new decemberists album on the NPR stream site last night and LOL'd thinking about when i showed you guys (ChiefOKONOS, BH, ralph, chrispy, +more)that "here come the waves" film that was basically "hazards of love" visualized with all those trippy effects and plus we were all watching in an altered state at 3-4am
Tyler, thanks for the reminder, I really need to check that out again. Ms y, I was there, and I missed it!

Also, I lolled at the image of hundreds of left sneakers littering your place. Rock, Sole, Danger!  ;D
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Ms. Y, I remember, after Evil Urges, we're all setting up for the big group photo and no one knows where you are.  I ended up convincing security to let me back into T5, asking staff and roadies if they'd seen a woman on crutches.  I must admit, however, that soon my focus was on how far I might penetrate the depths of T5, maybe catch the fellas out back before getting bounced.  Once it was clear you weren't there, however, I decided not to push my luck and returned just in time for the photo.  And you showed up, I think.  Where were you?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ms. yvon

wow!  thanks for trying to dig me up!  i watched the show in the balcony.  afterward i ran into a friend that i had no idea was going to be there. (!) we fell to talking and stayed until we got swept out the door. we got to see some of the rigging coming down.  a cool way to wrap the week.
by the time i got back to the apt just about everyone was asleep or still out.
i did see capt. scotty at about 5am.  i got up for some water and he was sitting with his suitcases in the common area.  he looked exhausted.  he said he didn't want to fall asleep and miss his bus/taxi, so he was just going to stay up.  :D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Nov 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
I miss:

skype with tyler's buddies
this was hysterical!

kydiddle

Yay no crutches!!!  :)

I miss the random assortment of items in the apartment. Sunglasses with an arm missing, roller blades in the kitchen, European magazines in the bathroom (ca. 1998)...

Sigh.
Cow temperature.

Crispy

Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 06, 2011, 08:40 AM
Yay no crutches!!!  :)

I miss the random assortment of items in the apartment. Sunglasses with an arm missing, roller blades in the kitchen, European magazines in the bathroom (ca. 1998)...

Sigh.
Decade-old European magazines featuring old, naked, extremely ugly former soccer stars and their hot wives. Yeah, I miss those.

I also miss Tyler's skypes, especially the ones with his mom!

I miss the noise.  :)

ALady

I miss the random assortment of cookie jars and fake flower arrangements on the shelves in Ky's and my room.  And the huge swimsuit lady poster.

Mostly I just miss y'all.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

kydiddle

Quote from: ALady on Jan 06, 2011, 04:02 PM
I miss the random assortment of cookie jars and fake flower arrangements on the shelves in Ky's and my room.  And the huge swimsuit lady poster.

Mostly I just miss y'all.

You mean in our closet?

I miss all your faces.
Cow temperature.

darkglow

shut up, you guys.. this is making me feel sad..

make me the promise that if we all make it to bonnaroo that we'll set up our campsite on "10th Ave" .... if there ain't one, then by god we'll make one.

darkglow

twofingers and i were talking in louisville about how cool that mcsorley's place was.. they had two choices of beer.. light or dark haha.. it was crazy how fast they were bringing them out to us

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 06, 2011, 07:59 PM
twofingers and i were talking in louisville about how cool that mcsorley's place was.. they had two choices of beer.. light or dark haha.. it was crazy how fast they were bringing them out to us

Yeah, mcsorleys is cool. You could buy that beer in stores, at least in the northeast.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

lil sis

I just logged into my youtube account for the first time in two months and am reliving all of the memories watching all of the videos I took.  Missing these magical days.  :-\
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

woodnymph

Quote from: lil sis on Jan 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
I just logged into my youtube account for the first time in two months and am reliving all of the memories watching all of the videos I took.  Missing these magical days.  :-\
We channeled this together, girl!!!  I was up for at least another half hour after I signed off of here last night, bundled under my covers with my camera, cause I still have a lot of the videos on the memory card... and I ended after listening to the (very unclear, mind you) Dondante... and I rewound like 4 times at the 2:22 mark where he says "if you never left these streeeeEEEets...." (accent on mid-E, heh) And like some kind of addict I wanted to log back onto my computer and post about it in the "I miss...." thread hahahahhahahah that's awesome we time-travelled together  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time