College Football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by sweatboard, Aug 31, 2006, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

If USC was in the SEC, Alabama would have had another easy win this season.

Oh yes. I went there.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

EAZYE

CrispyO you know what week it is brother.  It's that annual time of year again we refer to as BEDLAM.  I hope and pray that Adrian Peterson comes back and goes off!  One week of shit talking and a years worth of bragging rights are on the line.  Good Luck
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Jellyfish

HUGE game today UVA @ VT.......starts at noon.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!1
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

aMD

should be a good game tonight. usc vs notre dame. i can't decide who i want to lose more,  i like to see usc take on the buck for the national championship but i can't make myself root for the irish.  

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EAZYE

OU over comes all odds, thanks to Texas choking like some dogs, and wins the big 12 South.  Although I don't think we are a national championship team, I wish some people would consider us a one loss team, the Oregon game was bullshit, just like Florida and USC or whoever gets into the national championship game, just so it fucks up the BCS and everyone realizes we should have a college football playoff.  Man that is one hell of a run-on sentence.

BH

QuoteOU over comes all odds, thanks to Texas choking like some dogs, and wins the big 12 South.  Although I don't think we are a national championship team, I wish some people would consider us a one loss team, the Oregon game was bullshit, just like Florida and USC or whoever gets into the national championship game, just so it fucks up the BCS and everyone realizes we should have a college football playoff.  Man that is one hell of a run-on sentence.

Congrats man!  I was rooting for them for you!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

corey

Well, Bama fired Shula.It's official.

There's rumblings of talks with Spurrier and Petrino from what I understand. Could get interesting.

primushead

BCS shakeup?

USC moves to #2...hm...

That would be a hell of a game if USC meets with Ohio State.

EAZYE

Hey BH, thanks for rooting for us, really appreciate it.  Now if we can get by Nebraska we are BCS bound baby.  After such a shitty start, losing our QB a month before the season starts, losing quite arguably the best running back in the nation, this team is underrated.  Let's see what happens in Big 12 bball now.  Good luck to your tigers ;)

Angry Ewok

Mike Shula has been fired. I was hoping the firing would go further up the chain of command, but alas.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

EAZYE

BIG 12 CHAMPS!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

primushead

Wow...

Florida and Ohio State in the Championship Game.

Didn't see that one coming.

I think I'll be more excited about the USC/Michigan game.

vielfras

QuoteWow...

Florida and Ohio State in the Championship Game.

Didn't see that one coming.

I think I'll be more excited about the USC/Michigan game.

Yeah unfortunately, the national championship was played in November this year.
When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

ratsprayer

i'm a totally neutral college football fan (hell, i don't think i even watched an entire college football game before this year), but the system is fucked.  i don't like michigan; i don't like ohio state, and i live an hour away from columbus.  bottom line, michigan and ohio state, based upon their seasons, are the 2 best teams and should play each other again.  it seems every year the playoff format gains more momentum, so here's to it actually happening very soon.

ycartrob

Yeah unfortunately, the national championship was played in November this year.

November? It's played in January. Conference championships are played in November (or the first of December) but the National Championship game will be played January 8th.

Until they come up with a playoff system, we have to settle for this bullshit.

aMD

November? It's played in January. Conference championships are played in November (or the first of December) but the National Championship game will be played January 8th.

Until they come up with a playoff system, we have to settle for this bullshit.

I think he was referring to the Ohio State - Michigan game.  Many people are saying it was the true national championship game but who's to say with the fucked up BCS system.  However, any way you slice it OSU are the champs.

FarmerYoda

ycartrob

I think you need to win your own conference before you start talking about crowning someone National Champion.

aMD

QuoteI think you need to win your own conference before you start talking about crowning someone National Champion.

Ohio State is the National Champion.