The NFL Thread - 2007-08 style!!!

Started by aMD, Aug 12, 2007, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteNot a good year to be a Vikings fan, I'm afraid.  But oh man, Rice is going to be a star, that TD reception was glorious.

is the vikings game the one that always gets televised in your area??
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

Quoteis the vikings game the one that always gets televised in your area??
Usually a Giants game cause we get Fox Rochester.  Today they showed the last few minutes of the Vikings game, so that was nice (but not really).  Usually I'm able to catch 4 or 5 a year, as there's a few channels that show random games from time to time.

primushead

Quotesteve smith has 5 rec yards in the first three quarters.  that just shouldn't happen

:-/

corey

Smith is killing me this game. God damn it.

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

EAZYE

QuoteNot a good year to be a Vikings fan, I'm afraid.  But oh man, Rice is going to be a star, that TD reception was glorious.

You should be equally excited about having Adrian Peterson ;)   Wish he was still at OU for one more year :-[
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

knotcameloose

Giants pwnd that n00b McNabb.

:)

ratsprayer

QuoteCOLTS!

woo!  except marvin's bruised knee.

:-/ :-/ :'(

crazylove

Yea!  Colt's still undefeated!!!   4-0  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Keep you fingers crossed for Marvin and Reggie.  If they can make it through next week, they can use the buy to recover!

[smiley=dankk2.gif]  To Drew and Brittany Brees for their $2 millon donation to Purdue for the new student athletic center.  What a great alumni [smiley=dankk2.gif]

"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

MMJ_fanatic

Quote[size=18]Who DEY think they gonna beat dem bengals!?!?![/size]

[size=24]NOBODY!!![/size]

Sorry to gloat man but can you say [size=56]DOMINATED?[/size]

My boys tamed them Bengals and are at the top of the league along with Green Bay, Dallas, and what was that other team....oh yeah the Ponies (Colts ;)).  I pity all those destined to face the Brady-Moss combo.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

.Walt

4-0, dare i say it? not yet...not just yet

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ratsprayer

the 16-0 talk is very annoying only for the fact that everyone assumes the pats will pass easily through indy with a victory.  other than that, the pats are not even challenged this season except for indy, dallas, and pittsburgh.  

also what the hell is all this tony romo superstar talk?  dude has played 14 games.  get over it.  when he's played 100 and is still at this level, he'll deserve the praise.  

ycartrob

Quotethe 16-0 talk is very annoying only for the fact that everyone assumes the pats will pass easily through indy with a victory.  other than that, the pats are not even challenged this season except for indy, dallas, and pittsburgh.  

also what the hell is all this tony romo superstar talk?  dude has played 14 games.  get over it.  when he's played 100 and is still at this level, he'll deserve the praise.  

here, here. They do this evey year after 3 or 4 games; start the talk about 16-0. Always 1 or 2 of the teams that start out hot will cool down.

As for Romo, I got a love hate/thing with him. I love his enthusiasm and the way he bounced back after blowing the Seattle playoff game last year. However, he's a tad bit too cocky and how the hell can he ignore what TO has done to every QB he has played with? Everyone is happy when they're winning, but let's see what happens when the losses start rolling in, and they will. The teams they have played so far have a combined record of 3-14.

As for the Lightning Bolts, this year is what you get when you fire your coach after going 14-2. They can perhaps turn it around, but so far it's called karma.

And how can you not pull for Brett Farve?

And, the Saints, are giving me that warm, cozy feeling that I had back in 1979...

MMJ_fanatic

Quotethe 16-0 talk is very annoying only for the fact that everyone assumes the pats will pass easily through indy with a victory.  other than that, the pats are not even challenged this season except for indy, dallas, and pittsburgh.  

Where did you read/hear anyone making 16-0 predictions?  Did I miss a post in this thread or was it some goofball commentator on TV?  It it was TV nuff said--I think there's too much competition out there for anyone to go undefeated (but maybe I should reserve my opinion for February  :-X)

ManNamedTruth

Where did you read/hear anyone making 16-0 predictions?  Did I miss a post in this thread or was it some goofball commentator on TV?  It it was TV nuff said--I think there's too much competition out there for anyone to go undefeated (but maybe I should reserve my opinion for February  :-X)

Just watch ESPN
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bethofftherecord

It was a great weekend for the Packers and WI Badgers football.  Oh, what a season so far.  Brett breaking a record.  WI beats MI.  Damn, now if I could just get someone to take me to a game.  no tix for me.... :'(
nothing can be changed except ourselves

TEO

I did not see it live, just a pic. Brett carrying his receiver on his shoulders! Priceless! I am eating so much crow right now I am coughing up feathers. At the beginning (especially after wrangler's commercial) I was like, you should retire old man! He is proving me so wrong. Please just go out on top Brett like I am trying to do in 5 years.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

MMJ_fanatic

I've changed my mind--with Rodney Harrison and Richard Seymour back in the lineup the Patriots will probably go 16-0

MMJ_fanatic

BUMP!

Patriots now 5-0 baby--even with sloppy play today they roll over the Browns.  Guess Romeo being our former O coordinator didn't help him much in trying to defend against us.... 8-)

joey_rogo