The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

after too many General Shermans in the morning would you have a Sherman "neck-tie"?Would it also leave a terrible burn.... :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

pawpaw

I've got to admit, I didn't even know what the hell a Sherman necktie was when I read your post. Wikipedia set me straight. And, no, no fear of neckties...the recipe very specifically calls for Miller Lite, so the mornings after won't be as rough....besides, other than the real inventor of this fine drink, the association made should be more along these lines...

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TEO

Picked up some Schlafly IPA, BBC Homewrecker, Stone Ruination, Pyramid Thunderhead, and Arrogant Bastard Ale yesterday.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

QuotePicked up some Schlafly IPA
Good choice! Didn't know they sold this that far out of the St Louis area.

TEO

QuotePicked up some Schlafly IPA
Good choice! Didn't know they sold this that far out of the St Louis area.

8.0% as well!   :o

mjkoehler

Their Pale Ale is good. So is there Hefe. They have a special French brew that is outstanding.

Penny Lane

tonight celebrated my oral argument being over--and done w/school for 5 weeks, i can just focus on work (and drinking) 2 cosmos tonight and i was GONER, NINER....woo hoo....i have zero tolerance....is sparks still legal? thank god i don't have any of that right now.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TheBigChicken

QuoteI've got to admit, I didn't even know what the hell a Sherman necktie was when I read your post. Wikipedia set me straight. And, no, no fear of neckties...the recipe very specifically calls for Miller Lite, so the mornings after won't be as rough....besides, other than the real inventor of this fine drink, the association made should be more along these lines...

phew...that was a close one.....good ole Sherman left his mark down south :-/ :-/ I like your Sherman better....I'm a bit of a tree hugger ::)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Crispy

Ah, Fryday evening, time for a Manhattan and some vintage 2000 Live Lunch MMJ on the box...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Crispy

It's About Twilight Now - "oh my goodness gracious"...time for #2
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Foxtrot76

Enjoying a nice dirty Grey Goose martini with garlic stuffed olives waiting for my better half to get home. After that, it's time to bust in to some Rogue Dead Guy Ale's and head on out to a local rib fest. Ahhh.....I love summertime!!!

Crispy

QuoteEnjoying a nice dirty Grey Goose martini with garlic stuffed olives waiting for my better half to get home. After that, it's time to bust in to some Rogue Dead Guy Ale's and head on out to a local rib fest. Ahhh.....I love summertime!!!
Good times! As I gather these days, the martini is now preferred to be vodka, with a wave of the vermouth bottle overhead. I guess I'm weird, because I like gin (Millers) in my martini and I like it at about 3:1 with dry vermouth, and an onion, but that's just cuz I hate olives. I spose i could snatch the garlic out of yours, tho...

the_wizzard

Cool, crisp La Crema Chardonnay.  Yummy and so needed after a long week at work and an emotionally tough day at the hands of my friend's ex-girlfriend.  fucking good times...not  :-/ :-/ :-/

But some cold, white wine on a hot Friday evening is the perfect remedy.

ms. yvon

QuoteEnjoying a nice dirty Grey Goose martini with garlic stuffed olives waiting for my better half to get home. After that, it's time to bust in to some Rogue Dead Guy Ale's and head on out to a local rib fest. Ahhh.....I love summertime!!!
i LOVE rogue dead guy!

right now, wrapping up the work day, drinking an eye of the hawk ale and spinning some ray charles.

WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND!  xoxo

wizzard--hope you can shake the shadow of that creepy girl!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

joey_rogo

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes dead guy....delish! This was a long week for me, actually it sucked, a lot, for various reasons. Yup, tonite is a whisky night :)

TEO

I have finally figured out that for me IPA's are like the Gin of Beer. When I am on my way "up" it feels great! All serious Gin drinkers here know exactly what I mean.

mjkoehler

vespachick

QuoteCould everyone please do me a favor and pop in your OKONOKOS! and watch It Beats 4 U as loud as you can in whatever situation you are in.  Thank you.
REDUX: Thanks BH.  I declare Friday Night, Okonokos night. I know Friday is tomorrow....
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

vespachick

OK, I am (Drinkin'), and Golden ("OKONOKOS")is on.  SOOOO   GOOOOOOD!!!!!!! ;D :D ;)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

We need to set up a night sometime that we all put OKONOKOS on at the exact same time and watch it "together".  I will work on that.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.