The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Quotelast night was awesome. i'm not sure what to make of all of it yet, but it was awesome. also answered a lot of non-explicit questions
Super awesome...and next week looks like it will be crazy  :D :D :D

Quotes from the promo for next week's episode, "Dead is Dead":

"I broke the rules John."
"I came back to the Island to be judged."
"Be grateful your still alive." (*Penny?  Desmond?)
"What's about to come out of that jungle, is something I can't control."

:D :o :-? :D :o :-? :D :o :-?

Awesome. Our DVR cut off the majority of the upcoming parts. I just saw the "I broke the rules, John" part, but we knew that thanks to Christian.

I assume the smoke monster is what comes out of the jungle.

Question in futility:
Do you think everything that happened with Ben as a child happened exactly as it was supposed to/always has happened, or do you think everyone changed the past?

I can't wait to see what happens to people to make them "others".
I'm surrounded by assholes

mjkoehler

Yes everything happened as it was supposed to.

I'm sticking to that until I see different cuz it will just make my head hurt trying to fathom the fuck up in the space time continium if someone changed the past.

Jbones72

QuoteYes everything happened as it was supposed to.

I'm sticking to that until I see different cuz it will just make my head hurt trying to fathom the fuck up in the space time continium if someone changed the past.

;D

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm assuming that Richard knew what was going to happen to ben when he seen him in the woods and told ben he had to wait to join the others. But how? He knew exactly who he was when they brought Ben to him. So I am also assuming it all happened the way it was supposed to.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

el_chode

QuoteI'm assuming that Richard knew what was going to happen to ben when he seen him in the woods and told ben he had to wait to join the others. But how? He knew exactly who he was when they brought Ben to him. So I am also assuming it all happened the way it was supposed to.

i think this hinges on whether or not Richard's timeline is linear or not. Or maybe he's from Tralfalmadore and he sees the world in 4 dimensions.

the_wizzard

Quotelast night was awesome. i'm not sure what to make of all of it yet, but it was awesome. also answered a lot of non-explicit questions
Super awesome...and next week looks like it will be crazy  :D :D :D

Quotes from the promo for next week's episode, "Dead is Dead":

"I broke the rules John."
"I came back to the Island to be judged."
"Be grateful your still alive." (*Penny?  Desmond?)
"What's about to come out of that jungle, is something I can't control."

:D :o :-? :D :o :-? :D :o :-?

Awesome. Our DVR cut off the majority of the upcoming parts. I just saw the "I broke the rules, John" part, but we knew that thanks to Christian.

I assume the smoke monster is what comes out of the jungle.

Question in futility:
Do you think everything that happened with Ben as a child happened exactly as it was supposed to/always has happened, or do you think everyone changed the past?

I am with mjk in the belief that what happened, happened.  I am not sure if the who changes though:-?.  What I mean is, are the losties acting as proxies in the past?  Perhaps because Ben broke the rules?  
And it seems like Ben is referring to smoky in the last quote.  But smoky perplexes me......it seems to appear in different forms and with different purposes (there is tree destroyer smokey,  whispy smokey and huge cloud of smokey.  Smokey has scanned, or judged, and/or killed some characters but we don't know why it chooses to do what it does when it does it.....).  Is there more than one aspect to smokey?  And Ben can't control it when it is in judgment mode?  Because it sure seemed like he summoned smokey to kill Keamy and the mercenaries.  Arghhh...I have to wait 2 more hours for tonight's episode  :-[

the_wizzard

Me too!  Locke was my favorite character for a long time.  But Richard is very intriguing.....

Perhaps it is the eyeliner  ;D

Ghostess on TV

Well...that episode was pretty awesome..!!

mjkoehler

The eyeliner is pretty amazing. I could never pull off that look. I'd come across as a reject from Clockwork Orange or a flambouyant "bear". eww

Now question this, how the hell is Charles (and I think some of the "others") aging  on the island and Richard isn't. hmmmm maybe it IS the magical eyeliner. The Hieroglyphics where interesting and I wish I knew what the hell they meant. The smokie scene was good.

the_wizzard

QuoteThe eyeliner is pretty amazing. I could never pull off that look. I'd come across as a reject from Clockwork Orange or a flambouyant "bear". eww

;D ;D ;D

That episode was amazing!  Ben scared of Locke?  Classic!  

el_chode

Time for a series that occurs when I'm bored called "Choder's Conjectures"

Widmore doesn't age because he wasn't an "Other" originally, he was military and was "converted". Richard is something different altogether.

Locke is officially an "Other"; he is officially "special enough" for the Island. He doesn't remember leaving the coffin for the same reasons Ben doesn't really remember being saved by the Others.

When Locke was confronted with his father and what not a few seasons ago, that was Smokey testing him and judging him, like Ben faced with Alex.

Awesome plot, I thought the acting was sub-par for some reason

I have been waiting for a long time for a Miles episode.

Locke is the new Ben.

Ben will die by the end of this season I think, unfortunately.

goodjam2bn

If Sun finds her husband Jin, he will be 30 years older than she would expect him to be. Time travel warps the brain.

Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

Ghosts_on_TV

I'm not so sure Faraday is dead... :o
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjkoehler

kereect. And it looks like next week some Temple time.

the_wizzard

QuoteI'm not so sure Faraday is dead... :o
I don't know about that yet.  I am thinking he is our "major-ish" fatality.  Which leaves us with a "major" character dying before the season ends.  Dead is Dead, right?  Unless Richard (or the Island) feels that Daniel is essential to the mission (whatever that may be).  Was nice to get sooooo many answers last night, though.  
Anyone else think that the commercials have gotten longer and the show has gotten shorter?  I was so ready for another hour last night! :-[

And game on, right?  Eloise and Charles have no idea what is going to happen next.  Same with Ben.  Something has changed.........

the_wizzard

Quotekereect. And it looks like next week some Temple time.
With Sayid!   :o  We get to find out what he has been up to.....

the_wizzard

Is it Wednesday yet?

mjkoehler

2 hour of brain blowing awesome mind fuckage will ensue in 22 hours.

the_wizzard

Is it Wednesday yet?  ;)

mjkoehler

QuoteIs it Wednesday yet?  ;)
Is it 8PM Central Time yet? ugh today is gonna draaaaaaag.