The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Quotewow...wow what an episode.

if you haven't watched tonight don't read after this yet:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.  they told us a lot in that episode.  fuckin a.  was lapidus piloting 815 in the alternate timeline?  if Ilana doesn't know which kwon to protect wtf?  So was that Jacob at the lighthouse or not?  It was Hurley who saw him.. Miles scored those diamonds thank god, those two characters were pissing me off for so long.  need to soak it in for a minute.  fucking knew richard was from the black rock ship.  confirmed.

I liked it, the fiancee didn't. She claims no answers were given, but that's partially because we had basically figured that the "candidates" were to replace Jacob and Richard was from the Black Rock.

Still, I liked it, though I'm still frustrated.

I'm trying to fit in the alternate timeline with the island though. Here's what I've pieced together:

Some people have the opposite lives, others seem to have the same outcome regardless. Of those with the same outcome, they take actions to change their outcome.

That, or the alternate timeline is just a metaphor for whatever has gone on already, but everyone's biggest regret plays differently? Same shit, different day/pile I guess.
I'm surrounded by assholes

mjkoehler

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.  they told us a lot in that episode.  fuckin a.  was lapidus piloting 815 in the alternate timeline?  if Ilana doesn't know which kwon to protect wtf?  So was that Jacob at the lighthouse or not?  It was Hurley who saw him.. Miles scored those diamonds thank god, those two characters were pissing me off for so long.  need to soak it in for a minute.  fucking knew richard was from the black rock ship.  confirmed.
don't forget the touching thing. That part is HUGE.

el_chode

Yes, so what do we make about Ben being touched, since he's got SOME connection to Jacob.

By way of alternate timeline review:

- Jack's life is clearly different pre-815
- Locke's life is 99% the same, except Peg Bundy is alive and with him
- Sayid's life is drastically different
- Jin's life is presumably the same
- Kate's life is exactly the same, but I'm going to assume her crime is different
- Ben's life is different, but he was still on the Island

...right?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

yeah, when glad richard, jack, and hurley have met back up.  widmore's back.  It'll be interesting to see what he fucks up, unless they end up making us like him.  It's crazy that most of locke's group are the murderers.  The only person who stood out as bad on the other side was Ben and it appears he was redeemed.  my theory is what Jacob wanted to happen was exactly that.  Ben had to kill him in order for Ben to believe him.  It blows my theory out of the water that miles needs the actual body.  if they're ashes apparently it doesn't matter he can still know what happened when they died.  the super powers are throwing me off big time.    I hope desmond comes back and takes down the old man for penny.   they're going to have to pack these last episodes full of answers now that everyone is grouped up we'll at least find out what they all know.  Maybe some weird war strategy or something.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Yes, so what do we make about Ben being touched, since he's got SOME connection to Jacob.

By way of alternate timeline review:

- Jack's life is clearly different pre-815
- Locke's life is 99% the same, except Peg Bundy is alive and with him
- Sayid's life is drastically different
- Jin's life is presumably the same
- Kate's life is exactly the same, but I'm going to assume her crime is different
- Ben's life is different, but he was still on the Island

...right?

All the people on the good side that we've seen who are alive are happier than they were in the other life.  In the other timeline Kate is still going back for murder, sawyer, sayid still blew away keamy.  there are obviously holes to this theory but I think each persons outcome has to do with the role they'll play in the "war" or coming episodes.  some get rewarded, others... not so much.  I'm still waiting to see Juliet in the alternate timeline.  Jack's kid playing the chopin tune faraday played as a kid coincidence?  probably not.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

yeah that ben still being on the island part with his dad set me back for a second.  'things that make ya say.. fuck?"

el_chode

Also, who are the six that remain?

4. John Locke
8. Hurley
15. Sawyer
16. Sayid(?)
23. Jack
42. Sun or Jin

Lapidus? Miles? Kate?

el_chode

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

Everyone who sides with Jacob on the island has a positive outcome in the alternate reality. Everyone who sides with Locke falls short of their dreams.

AMightyCaporal

I'm so happy i can take part in this thread now!

I feel like simply put, its boiling down to a good vs evil type scenario... sides are being taken there will be a "champion" of sorts for jacob's side that will be the opposite of locke.

of course there is much more going on than this but I feel like thats where its headed... I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the deal is with the alternate universe thing.

As for the remaining.  I don't think Frank or Sun are candidates but I think Kate is.  When flight 316 flew over the island out of Frank, Sun and Kate only Kate disappeared from the plane.  I think the Kwon listed must be Jin, who is also appearing to have a more important role in this season... he's on his own with his own story line.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

I also think that maybe Jacob and the being disguised as Locke are some sort of gods
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

mjkoehler

QuoteAlso, who are the six that remain?

4. John Locke
8. Hurley
15. Sawyer
16. Sayid(?)
23. Jack
42. Sun or Jin

Lapidus? Miles? Kate?
Do not forget Aaron. I think he has a large part to play. I really wonder what all the psychic saw when he did Claires reading before she left Australia.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI'm so happy i can take part in this thread now!

I feel like simply put, its boiling down to a good vs evil type scenario... sides are being taken there will be a "champion" of sorts for jacob's side that will be the opposite of locke.

of course there is much more going on than this but I feel like thats where its headed... I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the deal is with the alternate universe thing.

As for the remaining.  I don't think Frank or Sun are candidates but I think Kate is.  When flight 316 flew over the island out of Frank, Sun and Kate only Kate disappeared from the plane.  I think the Kwon listed must be Jin, who is also appearing to have a more important role in this season... he's on his own with his own story line.

good call on Jin being the "kwon".  does jacob touch both of them at the wedding or just Jin? I can't remember.   Maybe Richard is a candidate...  I have no idea.  

Bernard and Rose are still unaccounted for.  maybe Vincent is the new Jacob.  Maybe Vincent is Jacob... (insert mind blow picture).

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

Everyone who sides with Jacob on the island has a positive outcome in the alternate reality. Everyone who sides with Locke falls short of their dreams.

^this.

dcdub

I think Jacob is going to turn into a pillar of fire and whoop ass on Locke's camp. Does he give everyone he touches a gift? We know Hurley can see dead people, but he could before Jacob touched him, right? Will the others turn out to have some sort of gift?
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I think "Kwon" may be "baby kwon".  just a random guess.  Maybe that's why Jin can't have kids off the island?  I figured all the babies died in the 3rd trimester because of "temporal displacement" or then not fitting into the plan that needs to happen.  

at one point or another the Dharma people could have babies during the 70's.  but perhaps once the lostie's started time traveling it made it impossible for them to have kids during that period of time.  after the "incident" we could assume is when the birth problems started?

also, I think that shot of Libby from an episode way back might be her in the alternate timeline.  maybe she's the person who rambles off the numbers in that timeline?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI think Jacob is going to turn into a pillar of fire and whoop ass on Locke's camp. Does he give everyone he touches a gift? We know Hurley can see dead people, but he could before Jacob touched him, right? Will the others turn out to have some sort of gift?

well richard was granted that anti-aging spell.  so that was one gift jacob gave.  he brought locke back to life after he fell out of the window.  he's got some fucking god like powers.  I'm really starting to think vincent is either jacob or evil locke in disguise.  Vincent always makes them chase him around and get in mischief.  

the rules still seem important.  the MiB couldn't enter the temple and is not allowed to kill sawyer.  baby jacob or young aaron or whoever that vision was told MiB he can not kill him and then evil locke got pissed and started screaming the classic locke "don't tell me what I can't do.." line.  

Sawyer saw the black horse that Kate saw in the jungle.  Sawyer saw the little boy.  What other visions has Sawyer had?   any?

dcdub

My guess is that the MiB isn't allowed to kill any candidates, maybe that's why he shot Kate that shit look after he took out everyone at the temple. Regarding Kate's candidacy, her name wasn't seen on the wall Locke took Sawyer to but apparently it was in the Lighthouse. I didn't see it myself, just read it online somewhere. Interesting theory you have about Vincent.  Evil Locke can be shot and stabbed in the chest without effect and turn into a smoke monster that makes roller coaster noises and Jacob can turn into a yellow lab. Seems a little lopsided

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteMy guess is that the MiB isn't allowed to kill any candidates, maybe that's why he shot Kate that shit look after he took out everyone at the temple. Regarding Kate's candidacy, her name wasn't seen on the wall Locke took Sawyer to but apparently it was in the Lighthouse. I didn't see it myself, just read it online somewhere. Interesting theory you have about Vincent.  Evil Locke can be shot and stabbed in the chest without effect and turn into a smoke monster that makes roller coaster noises and Jacob can turn into a yellow lab. Seems a little lopsided

well perhaps MiB is vincent.  I don't know.  maybe vincent is just a bad ass dog.  either way he always disappears and then comes back at important times and causes important events. the only reason I thought it might be Jacob is because Jacob is kinda blonde and so Vincent.  it's an out there theory but I almost wonder if Vincent is the present Walt was given.  Walt is most definitely gifted.

dcdub

Sounds like you have a crush on the dog dude

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteSounds like you have a crush on the dog dude

vincent is awesome, you'll see.