The boys have a new Senator!

Started by ctdeadhead, Nov 02, 2010, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

QuoteThe most affective government is one with a balance of both left & right ideas. The disappointing thing about the current attitude in Washington (and nationwide) is the mentality of our elected leaders; I currently feel that most elected officials don't give a shit about us. They are more focused on getting elected and having control. They don't realize that the solution to our current issues will take everyone working together. Right now they are distracted by their own ego. I think it's interesting how it spreads through the people, and this forum. I am not a republican or a democrat; I am an American.

I like turtles that look like Ruckus

In a perfect world, this is true. This has never/will never happen in our country. Peace within is only sparked by violence from without. With that being said, my opinion will never be "I don't care as along as we agree." I have firm left wing opinions.

Back to the original idea of this thread... In a perfect world, Rand Paul would never hold power, and people would never believe someone like Sarah Palin could do something progressive. If there was someone in the spotlight as dumb as Palin on the left, I would vote Republican against them without a doubt.

I hope Palin never becomes President. I fear that day!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

johnnYYac

QuoteThe most affective government is one with a balance of both left & right ideas. The disappointing thing about the current attitude in Washington (and nationwide) is the mentality of our elected leaders; I currently feel that most elected officials don't give a shit about us. They are more focused on getting elected and having control. They don't realize that the solution to our current issues will take everyone working together. Right now they are distracted by their own ego. I think it's interesting how it spreads through the people, and this forum. I am not a republican or a democrat; I am an American.

I like turtles that look like Ruckus
Really well said!  I am a democrat but I believe everything represented by your statement.  

I have my views but would accept progress with compromise over doing nothing about the economy, jobs, education, campaign finance, defense, etc.  I think that's where Obama is coming from, but it comes across as weakness when the Republican leadership is so vocally anti-Obama.  There driving goal is not to fix our economy or improve our access to health care; its to prevent the reelection of Barack Obama.  

The problem is that, in order to be a successful politian at the national level in these times, you must not compromise.  It may be your own views that you campaigned about or the party line.  But there is no sense of a williness to work together and find the middle ground.  

I remember when it used to exist, but those guys are mostly dead now.  We still got Clinton around.  He should take over the Democratic Party and whip 'em into shape.  He can't be president again but he'd be a great mentor for the current cast of fuck ups.

welcome to johnnYYac's midnight ramble.  :D
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

.Walt

QuoteJust once I'd like to date a Republican.  I bet they'd be freaky-deaky.

I'm a Republican.  :-*

Been gone for a few days, and this thread was awe..some!

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

well said johnny.

I think generally I dig the vibe of democrat presidents over republicans.  JFK was bad ass, Clinton was bad ass, Carter was peaceful as fuck, Obama was the first president in my life time that wasn't either a Bush or Clinton so it's refreshing for my young mind.

Reagan was a republican and sucked hard, Nixon sucked hard, Bush Sr, blew, and Bush Jr/Cheney was the closest I've seen in my life to corruption I've seen.  do not see the appeal of the party at all.  especially with the record they have of sucking and being corrupt.

that's mostly opinion tho.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

FASCIST!!!

ALady

;D

.....how you doin.    ;)

There are a few politicians who I actually trust and think are truly public servants.  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

el_chode

I'm just mad that the Libertarian pretext has been usurped by a bunch of theocrats following Bobby's mom and spewing out buzzwords (most recently it's "Bastard"), leading the left to think that small government equals a lack of public utilities and no roads.
I'm surrounded by assholes

bowl of soup

QuotePeople that completely blow off any sort if educated/intelligent debate absolutely amaze me. If you don't have a political point of view, don't care, or just don't care to express it... just don't post. Easy as that.

Hmmm???  Educated and intelligent?  Was that the part about all Southerns being fucking idiots?  The fudge packing part?  Florida is Southern as fuck and stupid as fuck?  Florida is geographically in the South, so I suppose that hints at some semblance of intelligence.  You're right, this is the thread that will save the world!  More Superchunk!  Note the groovy blue and red lights.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/nGbg9rC5pxE?version=3[/media]
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Ruckus

QuotePeople that completely blow off any sort if educated/intelligent debate absolutely amaze me. If you don't have a political point of view, don't care, or just don't care to express it... just don't post. Easy as that.

Hmmm???  Educated and intelligent?  Was that the part about all Southerns being fucking idiots?  The fudge packing part?  Florida is Southern as fuck and stupid as fuck?  Florida is geographically in the South, so I suppose that hints at some semblance of intelligence.  You're right, this is the thread that will save the world!  More Superchunk!  Note the groovy blue and red lights.

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
OK, but seriously...I'm done.  Sorry for spamming up this thread.  Childish I know.  JohnnyY, thanks for being proper.   However, reductionist generalizations by some undergrad know it all about an entire region of people is unforgivable.

I'm out
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Hey Walts!  I MIGHT have to go to Pine Island, MN on 11-15 for work.  How far is that from you?   Also, is there a good website that summarizes all of the music shows and goings on in Minneapolis?   I thought if there just happened to be a good show there, I might drive back to the city that night depending on my flight time and all that...
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pawpaw

QuoteI'm just mad that the Libertarian pretext has been usurped by a bunch of theocrats following Bobby's mom and spewing out buzzwords (most recently it's "Bastard"), leading the left to think that small government equals a lack of public utilities and no roads.

^THIS.

I generally avoid political arguments on the internet. Too much typing. I'd rather argue with my Father-in-law, face to face, in real time. Even though we'll never change each other's minds, at least we can drink beer together while I shoot his goofy ideas down.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
OK, but seriously...I'm done.  Sorry for spamming up this thread.  Childish I know.  JohnnyY, thanks for being proper.   However, reductionist generalizations by some undergrad know it all about an entire region of people is unforgivable.

I'm out

the south loves slaves.

Ruckus

;D You're alright Sticky.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

Hey Walts!  I MIGHT have to go to Pine Island, MN on 11-15 for work.  How far is that from you?   Also, is there a good website that summarizes all of the music shows and goings on in Minneapolis?   I thought if there just happened to be a good show there, I might drive back to the city that night depending on my flight time and all that...

Sweet! It looks like Pine Island is straight east from me.  I would guess it's about the same distance from Minneapolis as I am, which is about 70miles. Let me know if you go for sure.

http://www.citypages.com/
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

BH

Sweet! It looks like Pine Island is straight east from me.  I would guess it's about the same distance from Minneapolis as I am, which is about 70miles. Let me know if you go for sure.

http://www.citypages.com/

Perfect.  I update you when it gets closer!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tracy 3000

Soup's hero =

and he'll lay some typical Soup bs down and say the people up in Heilongjiang are pìy[ch462]n's b/c they went to The Hermann Gmeiner Vocational School instead of Qiqihar University
 ;D  ;D  ;D
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

CTdeadhead

I sorta want to apologize for starting this thread and effectively this ridiculous rampant douchebaggery.

ALady

You should start a religion thread next   ;)

...just teasin'.  ;D I think it's good for people to air their grievances every now and again, it makes you think about what you actually believe when you have to articulate it.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteYou should start a religion thread next   ;)

...just teasin'.  ;D I think it's good for people to air their grievances every now and again, it makes you think about what you actually believe when you have to articulate it.

I dare somebody to start a religion thread who claims to have the answers.

e_wind

QuoteYou should start a religion thread next   ;)

I dare somebody to start a religion thread who claims to have the answers.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...