Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

My Uncle had a cortisone shot today and he had me chop some wood for him - I haven't done since I was young and foolish.  I had a blast pretending I was Pete Seeger.

Grateful Chabo

i got some new shoes today...they are clean (not clean like "look at my spinners" but clean like no dirt)  im excited
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

megalicious

i got some REALLY good news!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

purvis9876

Gears of War 2=Sickness

It stopped raining today

After class at 12, nothing to do except sit on my ass for the rest of the day.

Closer to the Heart is on the radio.  :)
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

TEO

QuoteGears of War 2=Sickness

It stopped raining today

You could come help me rake some leaves if you get really bored!  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

purvis9876

QuoteGears of War 2=Sickness

It stopped raining today

You could come help me rake some leaves if you get really bored!  ;)

I don't know about all that. But give me a call when you're finished, and I'll be down to jump in the pile.  ;D
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

lyricjunkie

Got a new kitten!  she's a cutie!
Talk less....
Say more.

The DARK

I'm about to become famous/infamous for what I just did onstage...
In another time, in another place, in another face

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI'm about to become famous/infamous for what I just did onstage...

Uh-oh. And what was this?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

The DARK

QuoteI'm about to become famous/infamous for what I just did onstage...

Uh-oh. And what was this?

Remember that this is Current Joys  ;)

I was Simon Stimson in Our Town, and at the end of my final rant I hurled my flask offstage (this is not in the script, and not one person knew that I was about to do it). It made a huge noise, and nearly broke the flask. Sounds strange, but if you were there, it made a lot more sense.
In another time, in another place, in another face

FACE

QuoteGot a new kitten!  she's a cutie!
hey:
gimme.

weeniebeenie

QuoteGot a new kitten!  she's a cutie!
Aaaawwwww! :)
How loud can silence get?

getinthevan

Running with my theme I started in Current Complaints, I have some great news about my band but I feel I need to throw in a little bit of back story.  

When we started our band, we were heavily influenced by two local bands called Anah Aevia and Bestiary.  Anytime anyone asked us what we sounded like, we'd tell them to check out those two bands.  Unfortunately, both of those bands stopped doing shows about the time our band got together but we've always talked about playing a show with them.  It's always been a huge goal for us, maybe our biggest goal.  

On December 30th, its going to happen!  We're going to be playing with Anah Aevia and Dagon at a place I've always wanted to play at.  Dagon was formed by 3 of the guys in Bestiary and they have said that they are going to try to bring up their old vocalist and do a couple Bestiary songs.  I about pooped myself when I heard about it, let alone to be asked to be apart of it.  Woo!

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

tomEisenbraun

Nice, getinthevan! That sounds like a straight-up blast!

As for me, I'm digging people. Gotta find 'em when others stop bein' around, I 'spose. But it makes all the world of difference. Old friends can be beautiful when they're still the people that made you want to be friends with them int he first place. If only I didn't live so far from all of them!

Nashville, here I come!

Speaking of which, and old acquaintance of mine is so jazzed about me coming back that he sent me an email finding out when I'd be coming so that he could make sure and figure out a way to get me to be able to room with him in his house right near Lipscomb. You know you've picked the right town when people from all different corners get this jazzed about your return. That's the kind of place I want to be. So I will be!

getinthevan

Nashville, here I come!

Speaking of which, and old acquaintance of mine is so jazzed about me coming back that he sent me an email finding out when I'd be coming so that he could make sure and figure out a way to get me to be able to room with him in his house right near Lipscomb. You know you've picked the right town when people from all different corners get this jazzed about your return. That's the kind of place I want to be. So I will be!

Crazy!  I'm moving to Nashville at the end of December!  

tomEisenbraun

Nice! What part are you living in?

getinthevan

Not sure yet but I should know in the next couple weeks.

tomEisenbraun

Nice. Keep me posted. I'd love to swing by and have a beer with you sometime when I'm in town/when I get myself up there!

getinthevan

Definitely!

Today's joy: I'm working on making a big diagram on foam board for our upcoming shows that illustrates how to properly create a circle pit.  Hopefully it will help some of these kids out who have absolutely no idea.  Last local show I went to, the band called for a circle pit and I ended up looking like an ass just running in circles by myself with people watching.

tomEisenbraun

Hahaha, nice!

My current joy is being able to fix shit. Seriously, I think it's one of those benchmarks of manliness when you can sit down and diagnose a problem and fix it. I'd like to get to this point with my Jeep, because I could easily make the thing last another 8 or 10 years with that kind of knowledge. My computers been acting up on me so I went and diagnosed it, found the install disc and corrected the problem and things run smoothly again. Something to be said for fixing stuff with your own two hands. Brings about that warm "yeah, I did that" feeling.