Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Kids are with their Gma and Gpa all weekend, leaving us 2 crazy kids alone.......to bad neither of us feels great and the weather sucks ass right now. Oh well, bed, electric blanket, snuggles.

Sassbox

My company of one week is leaving today.  Hooray!  The old adage about fish and houseguests really proved true this go around.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

TheBigChicken

All Things Must Pass on surround sound 8-) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

kydiddle

I am at my brother's house for a sleep-over with my nieces (5 & 2). I taught the youngest how to draw on herself with washable markers and showed the eldest the joys of silly youtube videos (sneezing panda for one). They're waking me up in the A.M. to make pancakes, but right now Old School is on T.V. It's the part where they gather up all the pledges in the black van. Hysterical.

I am one happy Aunt right now.
Cow temperature.

getinthevan

Just walked (half-stumbled) home from the bar where I had a great time conversing with old and new friends for a couple hours.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

tomEisenbraun

Pretty sure the cat mantra is, "Hey, I don't recognize that [insert any object that is not normally where cat considers laying down, especially if it's paper(s)]...I think I'll lay on it." That shouldn't make me quite so happy.

Also, I get to do some driving today! Heading to Nashville for a spped trip to visit my dad for two days, then flying out of Nashville to visit mom and stepdad in Chicago for two days, then flying back so I can drive back to Athens on Thursday. It's going to be quick, but hey! it's getting to see my family over the holidays!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

Hittin the road to Nashvegas! Won't be there long enough to get to meet you GetInTheVan, but we shall make this come true sometime soon!

Also, just found the first two whites of a future greying beard on my chin!

getinthevan

QuoteHittin the road to Nashvegas! Won't be there long enough to get to meet you GetInTheVan, but we shall make this come true sometime soon!

Also, just found the first two whites of a future greying beard on my chin!

I'm in Michigan until the 1st anyways.  

getinthevan

I got my coupon for my free Dr. Pepper in the mail!  Woo!  

I also get to go to dinner with my family then go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight!

megalicious

i will be living in alabama and starting my new job in 3 weeks. i'm really excited about starting a new chapter in my life.
8-)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

tomEisenbraun

Quotei will be living in alabama and starting my new job in 3 weeks. i'm really excited about starting a new chapter in my life.
8-)

YES!!! NICE!!!!

tomEisenbraun

QuoteI got my coupon for my free Dr. Pepper in the mail!  Woo!  

I also get to go to dinner with my family then go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight!

Totally bitchin'!!!

weeniebeenie

Had a nice day. Went to the city with some friends and saw a movie, found a new record store (picked up the MMJ early recording stuff which I couldn't find anywhere) and bought some clothes.
How loud can silence get?

megalicious

Quotei will be living in alabama and starting my new job in 3 weeks. i'm really excited about starting a new chapter in my life.
8-)

YES!!! NICE!!!!

i know; right?

extra joy: looks like brad and i will be able to watch (alabama kick utah's ass in) the sugar bowl together!
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

getinthevan

My friend who is in the Air Force surprised us and came home for the week.  Our band was practicing and he just showed up.  It was pretty cool.  He said he couldn't miss the biggest show of the year (2 local legends are reuniting and playing a one off show together) nor this year's New Years Eve party.  Regardless of the occasion, I'm glad to see him.  

Tomorrow evening is looking to potentially be one of the most memorable nights of my life.

tomEisenbraun

Sounds like some great excitement!

I'm currently sitting in the Nashville airport, on my way to see my mom and stepdad in Chicago. It's so peaceful in here this time of day.

getinthevan

QuoteSounds like some great excitement!

I'm currently sitting in the Nashville airport, on my way to see my mom and stepdad in Chicago. It's so peaceful in here this time of day.

Safe travels!

getinthevan

Words cannot begin to describe how well tonight went.  Easily one of the best nights of my life!

tomEisenbraun

TEO

I made it up past the point of when I usually wake up.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary