Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteOutrunning two motherfuckers that tried to rob me a gunpoint last night. 8-)
WTF?!?!?

yeah ruckus you really have to elaborate.  either you can run faster than lightning, the dudes had a fake gun/no bullets, or you're lying. spill it speedy gonzales.  were they black?

.Walt

QuoteOutrunning two motherfuckers that tried to rob me a gunpoint last night. 8-)
WTF?!?!?

yeah ruckus you really have to elaborate.  either you can run faster than lightning, the dudes had a fake gun/no bullets, or you're lying. spill it speedy gonzales.  were they black?

Glad you're alive, brother! We need details.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

I wouldnt have pegged Ruckus for a speedy guy, but he does seem like someone who has the "fuck this, youre not catching me" wheels
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

No deets necessary.  I was trying to deliver a pizza.  Two fuckers who had set me up, jump out with pieces and come after me.  Luckily my peripherals were working and I got a jump on 'em before I was cornered.  I took off and started yelling like crazy.  250 yards of sprinting later after doubling back, I was good.  This is B'more.  It's not the first time for me and definitely not for my buddies.  Cops came and were diligent because it happened in a white neighborhood.  I live to play another day.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteNo deets necessary.  I was trying to deliver a pizza.  Two fuckers who had set me up, jump out with pieces and come after me.  Luckily my peripherals were working and I got a jump on 'em before I was cornered.  I took off and started yelling like crazy.  250 yards of sprinting later after doubling back, I was good.  This is B'more.  It's not the first time for me and definitely not for my buddies.  Cops came and were diligent because it happened in a white neighborhood.  I live to play another day.

Was it Marlo's boys?

BH

damn ruckus, that's scary shit.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteNo deets necessary.  I was trying to deliver a pizza.  Two fuckers who had set me up, jump out with pieces and come after me.  Luckily my peripherals were working and I got a jump on 'em before I was cornered.  I took off and started yelling like crazy.  250 yards of sprinting later after doubling back, I was good.  This is B'more.  It's not the first time for me and definitely not for my buddies.  Cops came and were diligent because it happened in a white neighborhood.  I live to play another day.

Was it Marlo's boys?

C'mon son. If it was Partlow and Snoop, Ruckus would be in an abandoned building with lime all over him by now.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Was it Marlo's boys?

C'mon son. If it was Partlow and Snoop, Ruckus would be in an abandoned building with lime all over him by now.
Kind of what I was thinking. or was if Duff and his crew of cake makers? He looks like he'd rob somebody for their pizza.

Love Dogg

I realize my enthusiasm doesn't seem genuine, because this is Wednesday, and what I'm enthusiastic about happened on Saturday and Sunday.  It should be noted though that where I am, which apparently is in 1999, I don't have access to the world wide web at my fingertips, disposal, etc.  Whoa is me?  No.  Slow is me.  Anyway, I just don't want to pay the money.  It's too damned expensive for a service that we should all have access to.  Anyway, I'm taking an online class and I think it's time I get access to the world wide Mf'in web, huh?  Maybe next week.  Keep in mind though, that when I get it...I'm coming back to take over this Forum.

I digress....what I have to say is that TEO and Crazylove are the best, most gracious people in all of the land.  It is because of them, and them alone that I still even consider Indiana a state.  They have a beautiful place with a beautiful lay-out.  And when the corn is up, have all the privacy in the world.  Their big house sits in an unusual, but very inspiring landscape of urban, suburban and rural.  It is such a cool feeling to drive into their neighborhood.

Dylan rode with me up there for a long-awaited and much anticipated visit with Matt and Nancy.  Penny and I tried to visit them one time, but got pulled over and beaten to a pulp by the liars known as mapquest.  So this was a trip that I had literally been trying to make for over a year.  God knows how many times they have come to Louisville.

Anyway, bewteen the fellowship and laughter, even a couple of tears.  Between the pork loin and chicken from the smoker to the baked potato salad and TLC salad that Nancy made, to the crossroads omelette for breakfast.  Between the home brews Dylan brought and the cans TEO had.  Between the mahogany '63 Corvette in TEO's gentleman's office and the comfortable, clean bed and private room to sleep in.  Between jamming with Dylan and peanut buttering with everybody.  Between being chauffered around town in the Lincoln to learning a little bit about TEO's father.  Between the coffee and the good stuff.  Nancy's tenderness and TEO's classroom.  I feel like I have been graced with two of the most pleasant souls in the world.  Something I already knew, but was reconfirmed this passed weekend.  

The janitor is probably the only person whom Matt trusts more than Nancy, but other than that, I am proud that they both call me their friend.  I'm proud they both trust me.  I'm proud to have been drawn to them by this band...it really makes sense to me.

So, if you are ever invited to hang with TEO and Crazylove, don't hesitate.  I never felt so comfortable in a place I'd never been before.  Thank you to you both.  I can't wait to see you again.

Toby
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

BH

Nice!  To TEO and Crazylove! [smiley=beer.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

Okay, I am definitely up next for a visit.
Maybe we can take the vette for a ride!  ;)

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

i've been in a similar situation. i don't live in a bad ass town like baltimore, i just deliver in a questionable neighborhood... people have atempted to rob me more than once, but never with guns. thats some shit man.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

aMillionDreams

QuoteI realize my enthusiasm doesn't seem genuine, because this is Wednesday, and what I'm enthusiastic about happened on Saturday and Sunday.  It should be noted though that where I am, which apparently is in 1999, I don't have access to the world wide web at my fingertips, disposal, etc.  Whoa is me?  No.  Slow is me.  Anyway, I just don't want to pay the money.  It's too damned expensive for a service that we should all have access to.  Anyway, I'm taking an online class and I think it's time I get access to the world wide Mf'in web, huh?  Maybe next week.  Keep in mind though, that when I get it...I'm coming back to take over this Forum.

I digress....what I have to say is that TEO and Crazylove are the best, most gracious people in all of the land.  It is because of them, and them alone that I still even consider Indiana a state.  They have a beautiful place with a beautiful lay-out.  And when the corn is up, have all the privacy in the world.  Their big house sits in an unusual, but very inspiring landscape of urban, suburban and rural.  It is such a cool feeling to drive into their neighborhood.

Dylan rode with me up there for a long-awaited and much anticipated visit with Matt and Nancy.  Penny and I tried to visit them one time, but got pulled over and beaten to a pulp by the liars known as mapquest.  So this was a trip that I had literally been trying to make for over a year.  God knows how many times they have come to Louisville.

Anyway, bewteen the fellowship and laughter, even a couple of tears.  Between the pork loin and chicken from the smoker to the baked potato salad and TLC salad that Nancy made, to the crossroads omelette for breakfast.  Between the home brews Dylan brought and the cans TEO had.  Between the mahogany '63 Corvette in TEO's gentleman's office and the comfortable, clean bed and private room to sleep in.  Between jamming with Dylan and peanut buttering with everybody.  Between being chauffered around town in the Lincoln to learning a little bit about TEO's father.  Between the coffee and the good stuff.  Nancy's tenderness and TEO's classroom.  I feel like I have been graced with two of the most pleasant souls in the world.  Something I already knew, but was reconfirmed this passed weekend.  

The janitor is probably the only person whom Matt trusts more than Nancy, but other than that, I am proud that they both call me their friend.  I'm proud they both trust me.  I'm proud to have been drawn to them by this band...it really makes sense to me.

So, if you are ever invited to hang with TEO and Crazylove, don't hesitate.  I never felt so comfortable in a place I'd never been before.  Thank you to you both.  I can't wait to see you again.

Toby

Couldn't say it any better than Toby.  We've missed ya around these parts, Lovedawg!

I had a great time hangin with some great peeps.  I'm looking forward to hanging with more of you in October!

Most of the peeps here know they are welcome at my place for some homecooking, homebrew, and homegrown goodies anytime. It was nice to have the shoe on the other foot and be the guest last weekend.

Hats off to TEO and CrazyLove!
[smiley=beer.gif]
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

Food, drinks, and fellowship...sounds like a blast. Awesome!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TEO

WOW! I am floored and truly touched...we just do what we enjoy doing for those that we love. It's part of our "Hoosier Hospitality." You two were our first visiting Jacket Peeps and I wish others were in closer proximity so we could all get together more often. It's very important to me. JACKETFEST 2011...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

megalicious

in 8 days from now, i will be at the beach. this will be my first beach trip in over seven years!
8-)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Ruckus

WTF?!?!?

Glad you're alive, brother! We need details.
Thanks Walts.  So am I.  I tell ya it is quite the adrenaline rush when you know that your life is on the line.  I keep replaying the situation in my head.  The last time I got robbed, I got cornered with no opportunity for flight so I fought and got my ass kicked by three dudes.  This time around, I had an out and took it.  Crazy when your body takes over.  I didn't know what I was doing but I felt as light as air and Usain Bolt couldn't have caught me.   ;D This wasn't the first time a gun was brandished at me and all I gotta say is as long as you got your life, your family and your friends, you ain't got too much to bitch about.

jones

Hey, Ruckus, here's some more info just in case you get held up again:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/08/young_female_murder_suspect_ca.html

Run if you can, but definitely don't laugh at someone pointing a gun at you.  Scary/sad.

Ruckus

QuoteHey, Ruckus, here's some more info just in case you get held up again:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/08/young_female_murder_suspect_ca.html

Run if you can, but definitely don't laugh at someone pointing a gun at you.  Scary/sad.
Thanks dude.  You know it's sad when me and my friends are well versed in what to do under these circumstances.  2 of my friends have been robbed at gunpoint in the past two years and another jumped for his iphone.  Unfortunately, though such indiscriminate acts of violence shouldn't be tolerated or accepted, we just acknowledge it as a way of life here.  We just don't contribute to it.

As for the case you pointed out, it really is a sad case and all over the news here.  It's rather prevalent these days for black youth to target Latino populations because they tend to work and carry cash and many are illegals that don't want to be exposed so they don't want to be witnesses or even report everyday robberies.  I've read numbers that a large majority of armed robberies of Latino's don't even get called in for that reason.

But, this is the wrong thread for such dark crap.

How 'bout the Jacket!  They are tearing up the northeast! :D

Soulshine

QuoteNice!  To TEO and Crazylove! [smiley=beer.gif]

To TEO and crazylove!  [smiley=beer.gif]

The ones I've always considered the matriarch and patriarch of the forum. XOXO  :)
Because we're all in this together...