Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

Quotemy surgery went well. i won't know the pathology reports until next week, but i am feeling normal again.
8-)

Yay! Still sending good thoughts your way, Meg.
Cow temperature.

woodnymph

Quotemy surgery went well. i won't know the pathology reports until next week, but i am feeling normal again.
8-)
Very good to hear!!! Sendin' more positive vibes your way!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ALady

;D That is the cutest emoticon, woodnymph!  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

Hehehe thank you Lady Lady!! Here's a bundle for you too!!

My current joy is right now & has me all riled up, reading about herbalism classesssssss..... there's a woman who lives and teaches in (take a guess) Woodstock!  She offers apprenticeships, workshops, and other classes...... and there's a school in Asheville that's looking rather fine/affordable (a friend of mine is moving to A-ville in January too, so a roof over my head may be readily available.....)

I think it's about time I take on some serious earthly lessons (not just teaching myself, for a change....) I think it might be my calling!

joe v

Just started my 10+ hour travel from Deerfield Beach, Fl ( 80 degrees today :)) to Frisco, Co ( 15 below freezing :D). I'll be in the mountains for 2 weeks! The joy will be volunteering snowboard lessons to the wounded warriors, which is my most rewarding week of the year. It's incredible the  desire & commitment they put into the week. Last year we had a 40 below day, yet most were suited up ready to go!  ;D
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.

capt. scotty

QuoteJust started my 10+ hour travel from Deerfield Beach, Fl ( 80 degrees today :)) to Frisco ( 15 below freezing :D). I'll be in the mountains for 2 weeks! The joy will be volunteering snowboard lessons to the wounded warriors, which is my most rewarding week of the year. It's incredible the  desire & commitment they put into the week. Last year we had a 40 below day, yet most were suited up ready to go!  ;D

I think it takes longer than 10 hours to go from FLA to Cali
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Crispy

QuoteJust started my 10+ hour travel from Deerfield Beach, Fl ( 80 degrees today :)) to Frisco ( 15 below freezing :D). I'll be in the mountains for 2 weeks! The joy will be volunteering snowboard lessons to the wounded warriors, which is my most rewarding week of the year. It's incredible the  desire & commitment they put into the week. Last year we had a 40 below day, yet most were suited up ready to go!  ;D

Frisco, Summit County, Colorado  ;)

I'm assuming that 10 hours is total flying travel time with connections...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

joe v

Frisco, Summit County, Colorado  ;)

I'm assuming that 10 hours is total flying travel time with connections...
10 + hrs door to door. Car - train - now waiting for plane ::) & then back to automobile. I love the drive up to the mountains, 90 mph in my wrx :D. I should get better tires soon though :-/. I tend to drive a bit aggressive, 7 years driving a ups truck in NYC, then 10 years driving a fire truck there will tend to do that to you ;D.
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.

ralph

Two joys this morning. Got tix to Eddie Vedder, and got offered the job that I really wanted! No more temping for me!

Yay!!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

TheBigChicken

QuoteTwo joys this morning. Got tix to Eddie Vedder, and got offered the job that I really wanted! No more temping for me!

Yay!!
Congrats bro ! :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

woodnymph

QuoteJust started my 10+ hour travel from Deerfield Beach, Fl ( 80 degrees today :)) to Frisco, Co ( 15 below freezing :D). I'll be in the mountains for 2 weeks! The joy will be volunteering snowboard lessons to the wounded warriors, which is my most rewarding week of the year. It's incredible the  desire & commitment they put into the week. Last year we had a 40 below day, yet most were suited up ready to go!  ;D
Hey that sounds awesome!!! I love playin' in snow (though not a snowboarder......yet!) I like snow-shoeing and mountains and all though! Congrats on a super fun week!

My friend who's moving to Asheville stopped by my work today, and says the offer still stands to room with him if I decide to take the herbalism class down that-a way! So far it sounds like a good opportunity! Gonna do a little more research, but hopefully I'll have my ducks in some sort of row in another week or so! Ayeeee!

Ruckus

QuoteTwo joys this morning. Got tix to Eddie Vedder, and got offered the job that I really wanted! No more temping for me!

Yay!!
Congratulations Ralph! [smiley=beer.gif]  Now you can afford to fly back over and go to some Jayhawks shows with me. ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ralph

Yay!!
Congratulations Ralph! [smiley=beer.gif]  Now you can afford to fly back over and go to some Jayhawks shows with me. ;D

I suggested that to mrs Ralph last night and she just turned, looked at me and then turned away! I get the feeling I'm out of credit at the moment!!! Haha...

But thanks for the congrats guys! I'm obviously more excited to see Eddie but at least I can afford the tix now.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ALady

My current joy is right now & has me all riled up, reading about herbalism classesssssss..... there's a woman who lives and teaches in (take a guess) Woodstock!  She offers apprenticeships, workshops, and other classes...... and there's a school in Asheville that's looking rather fine/affordable (a friend of mine is moving to A-ville in January too, so a roof over my head may be readily available.....)

I think it's about time I take on some serious earthly lessons (not just teaching myself, for a change....) I think it might be my calling!

This sounds VERY cool, nymph!  Good luck with it and let us know how it goes!

Yay!!

Congrats congrats, Dave!   :D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

woodnymph

Thanks Maggie!! I'm filling out the application for the school tonight and will see where things go from there! I'm excited and kinda anxious about the big step-o-change, but whatever's to be shall be! Considering I was ready to drop everything and camp off CA Hwy 1 just a few months ago, I guess it's not THAT big of a change!  :P  The classes offered down there seem like a perfect match for my lifestyle, so that surely stands for something! Will update as things get rollin!  :)

kydiddle

This weekend was just....stellar. However, this week I am venturing to DC for a holiday party with some friends. The cherry on top of all of this is that ALady (and Sassbox) will be in said city. My reaction to that is the following:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-sXlwV5xL8[/media]
Cow temperature.

Penny Lane

congrats woodnymph!

Ky, Sass, Lady 3some!! that's hot....hawt...no HOTT!

not as hot as this:

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

woodnymph

Quotecongrats woodnymph!

Ky, Sass, Lady 3some!! that's hot....hawt...no HOTT!

not as hot as this:

Omg  ;D ;D ;D

br00ke

i'm going to paris on monday for a week ... for free  :D :D :D

Ruckus

Quotei'm going to paris on monday for a week ... for free  :D :D :D
Have fun! :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head