Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 03, 2011, 02:02 AM
Woop woop, I made it!! Thanks for the well-wishes you guys!!

I rolled in under the cover of darkness, so the morning is going to be just unruly when everything is lit up!!!

I definitely plan to catch some TOUBAB soon!  And Trish/Christine, I *HOPE* to make it to Hangout! Some other friends of mine seem increasingly interested, so if they all plan to go I'll be joining for sure!!! Are you both in for sure?? I'll keep you posted on my plans!!

Til then I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M IN ASHEVILLE!! Wakeup tomorrow is going to be the bees'es kneeses  8)

ahhhh mountain girl
:)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

tdb810

I rolled in under the cover of darkness, so the morning is going to be just unruly when everything is lit up!!!

I definitely plan to catch some TOUBAB soon!  And Trish/Christine, I *HOPE* to make it to Hangout! Some other friends of mine seem increasingly interested, so if they all plan to go I'll be joining for sure!!! Are you both in for sure?? I'll keep you posted on my plans!!

Til then I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M IN ASHEVILLE!! Wakeup tomorrow is going to be the bees'es kneeses  8)

Condo and flights booked, we are so there woodie!  hope you can make it too!!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

Penny Lane

Oh My Gawd.
I just scored a ticket to see Richard Ashcroft at the bowery ballroom! he's only doing 2 US dates and they sold out in 5 min! (over the moon over the moon over the moon)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 03, 2011, 11:05 AM
Oh My Gawd.
I just scored a ticket to see Richard Ashcroft at the bowery ballroom! he's only doing 2 US dates and they sold out in 5 min! (over the moon over the moon over the moon)

Good christ, girl -- have you bought a lottery ticket lately?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Oh My Gawd.
Yowza!  Congrats!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

kydiddle

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Mar 01, 2011, 08:30 PM
You all now know a professional brewer!

I'm the new brewer's assistant at the Bluegrass Brewing Company!

You could absolutely use this as a pickup line.

Good luck woodnymph!!!!
Cow temperature.

Hawkeye

Quote from: woodnymph on Mar 02, 2011, 02:33 AM
Movin' my britches to Asheville TOMORROW  :D :D :D

I've been non-stop for the past 2 weeks, doing just about everything but packing  :-X  Spent lots of time with friends and familia, worked massive hours... Miss the bo-oard! Hope everyone's keen as peaches  :)  Hangout Fest looking promising.

Tomorrow shall breach the space-time continuum! A whole new world...  :o

And this:

ANIMAL CRACKERS [Shamrock Edit] (HQ)

:P

Hey Woody,
I'll be down to A-town sometime this spring or summer...we'll have to have a pint!  My company has a branch down there and I have a buddy who lives/works there that we need to visit.  BEst wishes in your new home!
We could.

TEO

FREE Toubab Krewe show on 4-16 in The 'Ville! Prolly won't be long before you visit The Biltmore as well...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Quote from: dead on Mar 04, 2011, 05:49 AM

FREE Toubab Krewe show on 4-16 in The 'Ville! Prolly won't be long before you visit The Biltmore as well...

Still up so early after whiskey, water and..........COFFEE?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Quote from: capt. scotty on Feb 16, 2011, 06:59 PM
Went to a Five Guys last week that's on the way of my 2hr school commute, got some fries and a drink. Drove past it again today for class this week, went in with my empty plastic cup from last week and got another free refill..It felt really awesome, I probably got a semi from the rush of drink theft.

Did this the following weds or thurs too..Tried again this week and got picked off by an employee even though I only did it 3 times over month ;D

I wanted to say "How much $$ does Five Guys make? How much do you make? And you really care about me refilling my drink?" or possibly "Im impressed. I might have tell your boss to promote you to assistant manager?"...I was in too good a mood to be an ass though, so instead I just said "hey, it says free refills doesnt it?" and about 10 seconds later just threw my cup away and walked out.

Im still amazed that this superworker was able to identify me with how infrequently I did this  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: darkglow on Feb 21, 2011, 09:54 PM
weather was absolutely amazing today in FL. I spent my President's Day off work fishing on the beach in Perdido Key, where I caught my first ever salt water fish and also a pretty sweet amount of tan.

Nice catch man!! Ive yet to saltwater fish myself, but hope to sometime too. In reality, I should hit up the streams more often around here to get better anyway. I hope/plan to fish much more this year as some great streams will be within 15minutes driving distance. How's FLA treatin you?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quote from: Hawkeye on Mar 01, 2011, 08:52 PM
Quote from: aMillionDreams on Mar 01, 2011, 08:30 PM
You all now know a professional brewer!

I'm the new brewer's assistant at the Bluegrass Brewing Company!

Nice!  I'm applying for a lab technician job at the New Glarus Brewing Company in New Glarus, Wisconsin!  Fingers crossed!  I'm hoping if I get the job they'll put me through brewing school...or at the very least the owner Dan needs to teach me everything he knows!

Nice to both of yinz..New Glarus is the one that brews Spotted Cow, right? Good stuff.

Buddy of mine started brewing recently. I definitely want to give it a shot at some point, but everything is way to chaotic for me now to think about doing anything with beer besides drinking it  :beer:

capt. scotty

Very niiice! As one who knows, its hard as hell to get out of the Burgh, so congrats on that!! Im sure NC will be the bees knees. Im considering moving there once I get out of this round of schooling.

capt. scotty

Oh My Gawd.

Heard the single off his new one a few weeks ago. It was solid. His solo stuff is probably better than his work with that other band he was in

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

wolof7

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 05, 2011, 04:59 PM
1:45 - 4:20 -  :o :o :o
Rush - Working Man R30

Phenomenal Ruckus,
My fiancee and I were discussing last night about how awesome it is to rediscover RUSH every so often bc they live in their own musical stratosphere. It's weird too bc I own all of their albums. We need to recreate a RUSH thread.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

woodnymph

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Mar 03, 2011, 06:21 AM

ahhhh mountain girl
:)
  Drove a bit on the Blue Ridge Parkway the other day!  What a lovely semi-quaint town!  (smaller than the 'burgh by far, but larger than Woodstock) (of course, heh)  Can't wait for these farmers' markets to start kickin'! And the Herb Festival at the end of April.... and there was a blue heron in the backyard this morning! I like the line I saw Brooke use in an earlier thread..... I'm "over the moon" here...  :D  (later edit: Penny I see yer diggin that line too heheh! Good stuff!)

And this!!
Quote from: dead on Mar 04, 2011, 05:49 AM
I hope to make the show!! The free-ness sure helps!!

I pass the road for the Biltmore Estate pretty regularly in my explorations, guess I should go scope it out soon! First on my list is the Arboretum tho  :)

Quote from: Hawkeye on Mar 03, 2011, 03:26 PM
Hey Woody,
I'll be down to A-town sometime this spring or summer...we'll have to have a pint!  My company has a branch down there and I have a buddy who lives/works there that we need to visit.  BEst wishes in your new home!
Sweet deal!! Definitely let me know when you're stoppin' through, I was hoping there'd be more MMJ stalkers-I-mean-fans down here with me, but I haven't been here long enough to know yet! Would be great to be in MMJ fan company again!!

And Ky thanks too for the sweet well-wishin!! I hope to see ya at Mt. Jam if I make it!!!!  :o And hope to see Trish and Penny at Hang-Aht fest!! Ayeeee!!!  :o
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

jones

Hey, Woodnymph, I have been to Asheville several times and it's a sweet town.  All of my visits were before I got psycho about mountain biking, but I hear that the Tsali trails are some of the best in the good ol' US of A.  I know you like to hike, so you're probably on top of it already.  I hope to make it to Tsali sometime soon.  Also, Chimney Rock and Lake Lure make for a good visit.

http://main.nc.us/graham/hiking/tsali.html
http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

I haven't been there either, but I've got a feeling that you will catch many good shows at The Orange Peel...

http://www.theorangepeel.net/

woodnymph

Quote from: flyguy on Mar 06, 2011, 03:16 PM
Hey, Woodnymph, I have been to Asheville several times and it's a sweet town.  All of my visits were before I got psycho about mountain biking, but I hear that the Tsali trails are some of the best in the good ol' US of A.  I know you like to hike, so you're probably on top of it already.  I hope to make it to Tsali sometime soon.  Also, Chimney Rock and Lake Lure make for a good visit.

I haven't been there either, but I've got a feeling that you will catch many good shows at The Orange Peel...

Hey thanks for the info and links!! I actually haven't heard of the Tsali trails yet! My roommate and friends who live down here have been kidnapping me to take me on various tours around town.  So my roommate is away this whole week for work, and I'm finally settling into my own realm again and pressing forward on a job-finding mission!  8)

But in between the job search, I'm definitely planning to hike around once this weird rainy weather breaks (which should be tomorrow!) The Tsali area looks and sounds GORGEOUS! I really really love that all of the trails are single-track!! They each become their own adventure, with a set beginning and a set destination! All really great lengths too, imo.  The area seems pretty plush for mt. biking too for sure! Lake Lure area is just outstanding too, from my short visit there a few years ago... that was the area I unknowingly followed a trail on, during a music festival, and wound up a short distance away, at the top of a 70-75 ft. waterfall. DEFINITELY WANT TO GO BACK!!! Thanks for the good look!!!

The Orange Peel sounds like the place to be for music! I've been hearing about the place for-eeeeeverrrr, on jambase and through the grapevine of friends who've caught some great shows there! Can't wait to check it out!

And I've yet to check out Chimney Rock!! The link to it that you gave is awesome!

CAN'T WAIT TO EXPLORE EVERYTHING!! Thanks again for the info!!  :D
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Quote from: flyguy on Mar 06, 2011, 03:16 PM

I'm guessing the days when MMJ would play The Orange Peel may have passed.  I knew they'd been there before and was surprised it was as "recent" as '07:

2007-03-08 The Orange Peel - Asheville, NC     
1. One Big Holiday
2. What A Wonderful Man
3. Dancefloors
4. Lowdown
5. Masterplan
6. Lay Low
7. Wordless Chorus
8. Phone Went West
9. Cobra
10. Golden
11. The Way That He Sings
12. Dondante
13. Off The Record
14. Run Thru
15. They Ran
----------
16. Nashville To Kentucky
17. Gideon
18. Steam Engine
19. Mahgeetah
20. Anytime

Looks like some great shows are coming, though.  I lived in NC for 11 years, and loved how Asheville reminded me of my native NH- mountains and some real winter weather.  Have fun!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.