Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

Good work Peafunk! Get some sleep now, while you can! :beer:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

peafunk31

Thank you all so much for the congrats! This forum is full of such amazing peeps :)

@ Rob, that costume is somehow adorable & horrifying at the same time ;D We'll see about the O's vs Phils scenerio. Hopefully it'll work out & I'll still be able to watch the Phils crush the O's with you. I'm not too worried about the loss of gaming time. Stagger found a way to be a poppa & still fit some PS3 action in. It can be done!

@ JY, it was great seeing you at MSG as well! Would it be in bad taste to stamp a newborn with the "Peafunk Creations" logo?

@ vespachick, I run on minimal sleep as it is. Mrs. peafunk, not so much. I have a feeling I'm going to be in charge of taking care of most of the middle of the night wakings. It's all good :thumbsup:
Homer no function beer well without.

ericm

Congratulations Todd and Christie!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  8) Great to know you'll be passing on the LBI love to another generation! Great place for kids in the summer, but I know I don't have to tell you guys that.

Looking forward to seeing you guys down here next time, and with wee pea in tow too. ;)

"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

Quote from: ericm on Dec 21, 2011, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Todd and Christie!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  8) Great to know you'll be passing on the LBI love to another generation! Great place for kids in the summer, but I know I don't have to tell you guys that.

Looking forward to seeing you guys down here next time, and with wee pea in tow too. ;)

We have a Baby MMJ; now we have a Baby PeaFunk!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

tdb810

Quote from: peafunk31 on Dec 21, 2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you all so much for the congrats! This forum is full of such amazing peeps :)

@ Rob, that costume is somehow adorable & horrifying at the same time ;D We'll see about the O's vs Phils scenerio. Hopefully it'll work out & I'll still be able to watch the Phils crush the O's with you. I'm not too worried about the loss of gaming time. Stagger found a way to be a poppa & still fit some PS3 action in. It can be done!

@ JY, it was great seeing you at MSG as well! Would it be in bad taste to stamp a newborn with the "Peafunk Creations" logo?

@ vespachick, I run on minimal sleep as it is. Mrs. peafunk, not so much. I have a feeling I'm going to be in charge of taking care of most of the middle of the night wakings. It's all good :thumbsup:
Hey!!!! Congratulations Mr & Mrs Peafunk!!!!  That is great news! Best wishes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.....Back at the Model Home

iLikeBeer

Quote from: peafunk31 on Dec 21, 2011, 12:00 PM

Having twins, I didn't have a choice in the middle of the night wakings.  My wife got one and I got one.  I must say, it was quite rough.  I remember many a night of watching Insomniac Music Theater on VH1 at 3 am...  :D

When our third came along, I only had to do middle of the night diaper changes which I could do in my sleep after the number of diaper changes we went through with our twins so that was cake in comparison to our twins!   :)

Hawkeye

Not sure if this should be a current joy or complaint:

The joyful part:  my brother is home for the holidays from Japan.  He's in the Air Force stationed over there.  He's staying at my place in Ohio for a few days, then heading back to Iowa with me for the holidays.

So, I'm the ONLY one in the family who knows he's coming home.  My family thinks he'll be just taking a few days and going to Thailand on a mini-vacation.

The f*-up:  I've almost slipped talking to my mom 3-4 times, telling her about my bro coming home.  I'm trying to throw a party for him here in Ohio tonight, so I post on Facebook:  "Come on over tomorrow night around 730 to welcome my lil bro to Marietta.  Darts, pool, and shenanigans".  Oops.  My mom calls an hour later, freaking out and asking if Andy (my bro) is coming home.  I have to play it off like I'm having a party for "my bro" as in a good friend/my homey.  Not sure she believed me, but I think she did  ???

I guess either way she'll be happy when we walk in the door on the 24th back in Iowa!  I'm trying to decide how far to take this to convince her that he's "really not coming."  Have him hide in the airport for awhile, have mom just take me home, only to have a friend drop off my bro 10-15 minutes later...this would be ideal if we didn't live 30 min from the airport...my friend would need to go way out of his way on Christmas Eve Day.  We'll see.

Other current joys:
My dog is behaving (better)
I'm getting some Adidas CrazyLite basketball shoes...they are LIGHT, yo.
My car doesn't sound like the wheel is going to fall off anymore, and it only cost me $187
Party at my place tonight  :D
We could.

YouAre_GivenToFly

This past week has been awfully kickass for me.

Yesterday was my 25th birthday. It just happened to coincide with a VP of the company I work for coming up to Philly and taking me and my team out for a fancy dinner last night. Not everyday that a former 3-star admiral sings happy birthday in a fancy steakhouse for you  ;D. I ate the most delicious steak I've ever eaten, a couple really good drinks, and my boss took me out for beers afterwards. Email was down all day at work too so it was a pretty light day in that regard.

Tuesday me and a college buddy went to a sketch comedy show called "The Real Housewives of South Philly". Absolutely hilarious.

Monday was my team's last softball game of the season. We're in a league that's way more competitive than we are, and we didn't win a game all season, but it was fun and everybody on my team was pretty cool. In case you were wondering I batted .750 over the 10 games of the season, with 13 RBI and 4 runs scored.  8)

Oh and I bought a new guitar!
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Penny Lane

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 22, 2011, 10:26 AM

Tuesday me and a college buddy went to a sketch comedy show called "The Real Housewives of South Philly". Absolutely hilarious.

Sounds like you had a great birthday!

I'd love to see that South Philly RH played out, I saw the Housewives of South Boston on hulu, I was dying...so so gross...

Ruckus

Happy belated birthday Dan!  Like Penny said, sounds like you had a great bday.

My current joy is being reminded over and over again how awesome lying on the couch at 2 in the morning blasting At Dawn in its entirety truly is.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

headhunter

Quote from: Ruckus on Dec 23, 2011, 10:05 AM
Happy belated birthday Dan!  Like Penny said, sounds like you had a great bday.

My current joy is being reminded over and over again how awesome lying on the couch at 2 in the morning blasting At Dawn in its entirety truly is.

Ruckus is a very wise man!  This too is something I never tire of (although it is usually somewhat earlier than 2 am)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

lucylew

Like Hawkeye, I have some good news and am having a hard time keeping it to myself so I'll share here.

My husband and I agreed not to buy each other presents this Christmas since we just got back from NYC and we are going to Hawaii in February.  I wasn't able to live up to my end of the bargain - after seeing MMJ at MSG last week I came to the conclusion that my husband needs (yes needs!) a flying v just like Jim James'.  It won't arrive in time for Christmas but should be here next Wednesday.

I don't think he'll be too mad that I renegged.  ::)

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: lucylew on Dec 23, 2011, 06:04 PM
Like Hawkeye, I have some good news and am having a hard time keeping it to myself so I'll share here.

My husband and I agreed not to buy each other presents this Christmas since we just got back from NYC and we are going to Hawaii in February.  I wasn't able to live up to my end of the bargain - after seeing MMJ at MSG last week I came to the conclusion that my husband needs (yes needs!) a flying v just like Jim James'.  It won't arrive in time for Christmas but should be here next Wednesday.

Nice!!!

That's along the same lines as my current joy... which arrived today...

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

lucylew

Man, that is purdy!   :thumbsup:

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 23, 2011, 07:18 PM

Nice!!!

that's one of my favorite guitar bodies of all time.  love that shit.  she's a beaut.

woodnymph

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Dec 23, 2011, 11:15 PM
a pure delight:
http://www.thseeds.com/pages/burmesekush.html

JESUS STICKY is this your xmas tree?!?!?!?!  Christ is born!!!  :o :o :o
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

mjk73

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Dec 23, 2011, 07:18 PM

Nice!!!

She's a beaut

Fully

As of today, it is the end of holiday music season!!!!!  :D :D :D My husband doesn't like music, but he loves holiday music. Everyone in the family looks for reasons not to ride in the car with him and the house no longer plays the Christamas music station!!!! So happy ;)

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Dec 26, 2011, 09:10 AM
As of today, it is the end of holiday music season!!!!!  :D :D :D My husband doesn't like music, but he loves holiday music. Everyone in the family looks for reasons not to ride in the car with him and the house no longer plays the Christamas music station!!!! So happy ;)

i hate holiday music, too! (except for that Band song....) Sweet!!