Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

Quote from: Fully on Jan 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'm happy that tonight I get to go out to dinner at the best steakhouse in Nashville on someone else's dime. Blue cheese stuffed filet mignon, here I come!
Where is that? The Stockyard?

Fully

Quote from: jones on Jan 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
I'm happy that tonight I get to go out to dinner at the best steakhouse in Nashville on someone else's dime. Blue cheese stuffed filet mignon, here I come!
Sperrys. The Stockyard is good though. It's been a long time since I've been there. Hubs and I usually try to get to Sperrys a couple of times a year. But tonight a textbook company is taking us out. Fortunately, it's a textbook that we already want to adopt. I always feel awkward when we go to one of those things and then don't give them our business.

jones

Quote from: Fully on Jan 17, 2012, 02:00 PM
Quote from: jones on Jan 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
Sperrys. The Stockyard is good though. It's been a long time since I've been there. Hubs and I usually try to get to Sperrys a couple of times a year. But tonight a textbook company is taking us out. Fortunately, it's a textbook that we already want to adopt. I always feel awkward when we go to one of those things and then don't give them our business.
Cool, thanks.  I'm in Nashville a few times a year; I'll have to check Sperry's out...

megalicious

So I found this badass app that lets me post from mah droid. Pretty cool stuff. Get ready for tons of stupid posts from yours truly.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

ManNamedTruth

Got new these new speakers for my imac, these wimpy built-in speakers finally blew. I wish I would've gotten speakers awhile ago, my listening experience is so much better now. Very decent price too for how good they sound.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TW410VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0MA
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

MarkW

It's been one of those weeks.  Enjoying a large gin from South London.  There will be more than one.

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Crispy

Oh man, I LOVE Miller's. Tastes like cucumbers and polar ice caps and thunderstorms!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjk73

I really need to try this gin. I actually haven't had a drink in 10 days (just haven't felt like it) so this would be a great way to blow out the cobwebs.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

didn't have to work today.  3dayweekend wooooooooooooohooo.  don't worry workin folks your weekend is a mere hour or two away.

YouAre_GivenToFly

This is the correct answer to all Gin related queries.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

megalicious

It was storming when I woke up this morning. My Westie woke me up; he was tapping me with one of his little paws as if to say, "Hey, pretty lady who gives me the foods, please wake up and pet me because I am escared."

I effin  love my dogs. They are so rad. When I had my tonsils out last month and was sobbing from the pain, my Lab would come nuzzle me until I stopped crying.

I was away from my dogs for five days while we went to Gatlinburg. I missed them so much! They're so sweet and loyal.

megalicious

Finally heard back from all my family (we're scattered across the great state of alabama)--everyone is safe and sound following last night's severe wx!

:)

YouAre_GivenToFly

My grandpop is home from the hospital and doing much better. Long road ahead but the forecast is favorable.

I'm absolutely in LOVE with the guitar I got last month. Having it has made playing that much more enjoyable. I seriously can't believe it's mine
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

johnnYYac

Glad for all the good news above.

I won $95 at a 50/50 raffle Saturday night.  Free money =  :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
Glad for all the good news above.

I won $95 at a 50/50 raffle Saturday night.  Free money =  :thumbsup:

congrats! i hate having to pay for my money.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

evilurges86

Amazed by all the positive things happening around me.... I am incredibly grateful for my new job offer and some of the changes i have been motivated to go through with. I hope the universe keeps em coming!

Now if i can only get Jim and Patrick alone with me for a couple mins   ;)
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

evilurges86

If your happy and you know it CLAP YOUR MOTHER FUCKIN HANDS!!!  :D  :D  :D
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Fully

We have this really awful new evaluation model at work. It's very time consuming and doesn't really apply to the way we actually run a classroom. I had to be observed four times this year with two of them unannounced. Today I had my last observation and now I don't have to worry about it any more!!! I feel free!!!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
We have this really awful new evaluation model at work. It's very time consuming and doesn't really apply to the way we actually run a classroom. I had to be observed four times this year with two of them unannounced. Today I had my last observation and now I don't have to worry about it any more!!! I feel free!!!
I can honestly say I know exactly how you feel.  Enjoy! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

evilurges86