Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Oh, and Ive been in the catering business (pizza delivery) for about 6 months now. Im like Tony Stewart on the delivs, fastest in the Burgh and certainly at my shop, but I started complaining about getting screwed on hours (I would show up 5 minutes late but boss marks it as half hour late...I leave 10 minutes early but gets marked as 30 minutes early...and if were ever still there after close because there is a late rush and we still need to clean up, we dont get paid for it), so yeah, I wasnt cool with not getting paid for the hours I was there and made it known. Well, a couple other drivers are asskissers so he's been giving them my good shifts for a few weeks now. Then last friday, they made me go to another store 20 miles away because they were short a driver (not my problem). To top it off, whoever starts first is supposed to leave first, but today Im scheduled 11am -11pm (close) while 2 drivers get there after me yet are scheduled to leave at 8pm and 9pm. With game 2 of Pens-Flyers tonight, fat chance of that happening.

So long story short, I quit on the spot today a couple hours ago. First time Ive ever left a job without putting in my 2 weeks first or getting fired. Let me tell you, its feels soo damn AWESOME!!!  :bath:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 13, 2012, 03:21 PM
Whoa...I go on like a 5 month hiatus and there is a little peafunkster coming soon, Hawkeye is getting hitched and also has a little poop machine on the way, and Meg is pregalicious!! Congrats to you all!!  :D  :beer:

Um, well I guess I havent had any revelations while Ive been gone but my hair has grown longer somehow, I started working out again but still havent succumbed to my hatred for cardio, and for all I know there could be 3 little capt.'s on the way, one would be half black, but I havent heard anything so Im probably in the clear, right?  :-X

Great to see ya round here, Capt...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Apr 13, 2012, 03:02 PM

Those are fucking sweet!   I need a new pair of DMs.   My last ones are 18 years old and still kicking.   (Although they are finally falling apart.)   I've never had shoe soles last more than 2-3 years I guess because of the way I walk, but these babies lasted 18 (10 years of regular wear).   You inspired me, I'm getting new ones in the fall for sure.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

Saw Jim today in a park while walking a dog. I was wearing my roll call shirt. I felt like a dork. It was awesome.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

iLikeBeer

Got my fix of some college football yesterday as I took the fam up to Ann Arbor to take in the Michigan Spring Game and then spent the afternoon tooling around A2 including wetting my whistle at the Ann Arbor Brewing Co. which has some tasty suds on tap!

Fully

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
Saw Jim today in a park while walking a dog. I was wearing my roll call shirt. I felt like a dork. It was awesome.
;D

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
Well, its been about 5 months since Stormie used up her 9th life, so today Michele brings home our newest family member, an 11-week old female kitten.  I've no idea what it looks like, but hope to post an impossibly cute photo soon.  I enjoyed the months not dealing with food and litter box, but think the presence of new life in our home will bring joy to our little clan.

Meow.
Here she is.  Apparently, her name is Ella.

She's digging the Alabama Shakes setlist.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

Congratulations Johnny, your kitty cat picked a good home for sure.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

lucylew

Looks like a great addition to the fam!

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Apr 15, 2012, 01:03 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Apr 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
;D

also  :thumbsup: ;D :D

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 15, 2012, 07:09 PM

[/quote]Adorable!
We understand it's the '90s.

blucas

Quote from: Devil Ledbetter on Apr 16, 2012, 10:57 AM

Adorable!
[/quote]

That's a nice puss you have there JohnnyYac!
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

ericm

85 degrees here at the beach in Jersey in mid-April!  :o

"Girls In Their Summer Clothes"..... ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
Well, its been about 5 months since Stormie used up her 9th life, so today Michele brings home our newest family member, an 11-week old female kitten.  I've no idea what it looks like, but hope to post an impossibly cute photo soon.  I enjoyed the months not dealing with food and litter box, but think the presence of new life in our home will bring joy to our little clan.

Meow.

She's digging the Alabama Shakes setlist.

(St)ellllllllaaaaa!!!

She looks mischiev(i)ous
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

Awweeesssommme kitten. I grew up opposed to cats, but now I'm obsesse with them ever since I was given one.

iLikeBeer

Cute addition to the family Johnny! 

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 17, 2012, 03:03 PM
Awweeesssommme kitten. I grew up opposed to cats, but now I'm obsesse with them ever since I was given one.

I was never opposed to having cats, just allergic to them and I was always a dog person.  My wife on the other hand was kind of the opposite of me, always a cat person and not opposed to dogs, just never had any.  I had a dog when we first started dating and she had 2 cats that I was extremely allergic to.  But I guess I kind of developed an immunity to being allergic to cats because after we moved in together I was no longer allergic to cats. Her 2 cats have since passed away but in the last 2 years we have added 3 new feline additions to our family.  Two are sisters (Beezus and Ramona)that came from a pumpkin farm/petting zoo in Amish country who my daughters would not let us leave without and they are the cutest things.  And then, last fall came Reesie (colors of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup) who, once again, my daughters had to rescue from a neighbor of my mother-in-law's.  I have to admit, I have become quite the cat person myself!   :)

e_wind

I just gave an oral presentation in my Spanish class for my final about music festivals. My teacher (who is my favorite professor ever, and has taught me more Spanish this year than all my other teachers combined) freaked out and hugged me and told me she was so proud of me in front of the whole class. Since my major is Spanish and everything, it made me really happy and feel good. I'm riding high on that interaction on my last day of class.

And it was my last day of class save one test next week.

johnnYYac

Way to go, Eric! 

2.5 hours to go until spring break!  Wish it could be like spring break in 2010... 5 days, 4 nights, 3 MMJ shows!  That was a good week!  Birmingham>Nashville>Atlanta.  Eminance Front intro > OBH!  Friends Again!  Met scosby2, aMD, flyguy/Jones, Crispy, aLady, megalicious, and tons of others too numerous to recall.   
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
I just gave an oral presentation in my Spanish class for my final about music festivals. My teacher (who is my favorite professor ever, and has taught me more Spanish this year than all my other teachers combined) freaked out and hugged me and told me she was so proud of me in front of the whole class. Since my major is Spanish and everything, it made me really happy and feel good. I'm riding high on that interaction on my last day of class.

And it was my last day of class save one test next week.

awe..that's awesome, Eric....congrats....i've learned Spanglish from being in NYC for 10 years but i'd love to know proper Spanish..

mjk73

On a funky ass bus ride this very moment on my way to Chicago to visit very dear friends for a food and booze filled weekend. Hoping to meet up withAlady also at a great looking bar she recommended. Lots of "scenery" on this bus is making it an enjoyable ride