Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

twins regular season record: 1-0!!!

actually as a realist, i'm hoping for a .500 hundred season. which i think is still asking for a little much. we had livan hernandez as our opening day starter for god's sake.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Taterbug

WHITE SOX  2-2 on the season,    Even better news  Detroit 0-4
Maybe if we get lucky we can SWEEP ( wishful thinking )  :)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jaimoe

Jays vs Red Sox tonight for the home opener. No team has a tougher start to the season than the Jays: Opened with 3 against the Yanks and now 3 against the Sox.  

red

Not to mention my arch nemesis on the Red Sox mound (Wakefield).  Lovin' the retro jerseys.  Not loving the lack of McDonald so far this year.  

Jaimoe

I see that Geddy Lee is sitting in his usual "Geddy Lee seats" behind home plate.

Taterbug

My wish came true,  Sox Sweep !!!!!
Then in the home opener Crede Jacks out a slam to beat the Twinkies.  

Thank God he stuck with the Sox.
Detroit losing at fenway,  0-7
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Foxtrot76

QuoteMy wish came true,  Sox Sweep !!!!!

Man, I don't think anyone saw Detroit coming outta the gate at 0-7. I have a feeling they won't lose 119 like in '03 though....

Taterbug

Detroit will make a run, I am in no way counting them out, but if the don't start putting some W's on the board it's gonna be tuff.  I was expecting the standings to be opposite what they are now.  Im waiting for Ozzy to implode and ruin the team chemistry.

.Walt

aMD

I've gotta say, I'm getting excited at the Reds young talent this year.  Cueto has looked like a young Pedro in his first two starts.  Keppinger is looking tough.  And we have three prospects who didn't make the cut this spring who are tearing it up in the minors, including homer bailey looked good in he majors last year and jay bruce, CF, who most scouts think is the best prospect in baseball.  if all or most of these guys work out and we can hold onto to them for two or three years, we're going to be tough for the next two or three years

Foxtrot76

QuoteI've gotta say, I'm getting excited at the Reds young talent this year.  Cueto has looked like a young Pedro in his first two starts.  Keppinger is looking tough.  And we have three prospects who didn't make the cut this spring who are tearing it up in the minors, including homer bailey looked good in he majors last year and jay bruce, CF, who most scouts think is the best prospect in baseball.  if all or most of these guys work out and we can hold onto to them for two or three years, we're going to be tough for the next two or three years

Cueto looks awesome. Wonder how he'll hold up after Dusty runs him ragged though... How many innings did Harang pitch last night? 8? In April? I've seen it before with Prior and Wood. I know pitch counts are a relatively new thing, but Dusty is notorious for overextending his young guys...

EAZYE

Am currently sitting in the boston airport after my first visit to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox take to of the three from the struggling Tigers.  Opening Day was the shit, Bill Buckner threw out the first pitch and got a warm standing ovation.  Caught a ball during batting practice, but I decided to do the right thing for once in my life and give the ball to a little 5 year old standing next to me, it looked like it made his day, which was good enough for me.  Fenway was amazing, can't wait to get back there again someday. ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Taterbug

He got all that one didn't he Walt !!!!!!!  Danks went from the penthouse to the shithouse with one swing of the bat.   I knew it was to good to be true.  The Twins are excellent at finding talent, they got a great young club that is only gonna get better as the season progresses.
I hope you aren't out shoveling SNOW today  :o

.Walt

I hope you aren't out shoveling SNOW today  :o

haha, yeah, no snow fell here. too bad we played in K.C., or else we would've had some good old fashion [size=18]"[size=18]dome field advantage[/size]!!"[/size] on our hands.  you gotta love indoor baseball, the way it was meant to be played.  [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

aMD

going to see the reds game today. hope we can come away with a win.  Johnny Cueto gets the start so we'll sees how it goes.  looks like it's a beautiful day for baseball though.  Let's play two!!

.Walt

Quotegoing to see the reds game today. hope we can come away with a win.  Johnny Cueto gets the start so we'll sees how it goes.  looks like it's a beautiful day for baseball though.  Let's play two!!

man, you've been to a couple games this year alright, have fun. i still need to make it to a game. Wednesday night is student night, 7 dollar tickets and dollar dogs at the dome.

Foxtrot76

Off to see the Cubbies tonight and tomorrow in the bleachers at Wrigley against the Mets. I think it's their first real test this year (other than Philly). They've been beating up on Pittsburgh so far so it'll be nice to see how they fare against NY. Thankfully, they don't have to face Santana this series.

Foxtrot76

With all the craziness going down on the forums I figured now would be a good time to post one of baseball's all time great tirades. I didn't see it anywhere else on here. It's ex Cubs manager Lee Elia's tirade from '83 after the team got off to a 5-14 start. It's pretty classic.

http://www.jayssite.com/audio/leeelia.html

red

QuoteWith all the craziness going down on the forums I figured now would be a good time to post one of baseball's all time great tirades. I didn't see it anywhere else on here. It's ex Cubs manager Lee Elia's tirade from '83 after the team got off to a 5-14 start. It's pretty classic.

http://www.jayssite.com/audio/leeelia.html
Wow.  

bowl of soup

Today is the first day of my adult life that I can say this without shame - I am (and have been since the start) a fan of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (but, I will not drop the devil).
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.