Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009!

Started by The_Big_Come_Up, Jan 18, 2009, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

i thought some of you had the hookup to the initial lineup already??

:popcorn:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

Is a Faith No More Coachella reunion likely to spill over into the 'roo?
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sassbox

Didn't that rumor get squashed by someone yesterday?
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

el_chode

QuoteDidn't that rumor get squashed by someone yesterday?

I have no idea. I can't read that twitter page or the hints page because they make no sense. It's a lot of letters, and then it says "all hints are solved" when in fact only two are and they're just speculations on Peter Bjorn and John, which I really don't think is a big enough band to warrant a clue to begin with.
I'm surrounded by assholes

ALady

I would love a Faith No More reunion, if it meant an increased likelihood of a Crudo performance...
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Quotei thought some of you had the hookup to the initial lineup already??

:popcorn:

i think the official lineup comes out Feb 2nd--but everyone is almost certain about Phish (and i heard from my source definitely Bruce--confirmed by his PR rep to someone) I think the lineup's gonna be standard--something for everyone :-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

February 3rd, isn't it?  I've heard from an industry friend in Nashville that Bruce, Phish and (guh) Zac Brown Band are all confirmed.

In good news, one of the Roo clues points to DBT with Booker T, and it's supported (however slightly) by this email from Patterson Hood of DBT (italics mine):

"We will be playing some dates with Booker, including our first ever New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival appearance on Friday April 24th."

capt. scotty

QuoteFebruary 3rd, isn't it?  I've heard from an industry friend in Nashville that Bruce, Phish and (guh) Zac Brown Band are all confirmed.

In good news, one of the Roo clues points to DBT with Booker T, and it's supported (however slightly) by this email from Patterson Hood of DBT (italics mine):

"We will be playing some dates with Booker, including our first ever New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival appearance on Friday April 24th."

Who the hell is Zac Brown Band?

Is this the Booker T of MG's fame?? Green Onions is my shit  8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteFebruary 3rd, isn't it?  I've heard from an industry friend in Nashville that Bruce, Phish and (guh) Zac Brown Band are all confirmed.

Who the hell is Zac Brown Band?

Is this the Booker T of MG's fame?? Green Onions is my shit  8-)

Yup.  ;)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ALady

Yeah, Booker T has a new record out in April called Potato Hole, and DBT are his backing band on it.  Neil Young's on it too.

Zac Brown Band...yeah.  I think they are a mainstream country act.  Nothing to get too excited about.

Ghosts_on_TV

I really really really want to see Bruce there.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

DirtyJerzee

Here is your Bonnaroo update:
-Bonnaroo offically said they will announce the lineup this Tuesday (Feb 3rd)
-In the past day Bonnaroo has added Phish, Beastie Boys, Springsteen, TV on the Rado, Mars Volta, Bon Iver, Animal Collective, David Byrne, and NIN as their friends on Myspace among others. They also added NKOTB, Lionel Richie, Nickelback, Hanson as their friend as well...probably just to screw with us since they know they were being watched  ;)

Here is the link to rumored/confirmed page. From Beastie Boys down on the rumor section are the ones found on myspace: http://www.bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=15641&page=1

capt. scotty

Penny Lane

QuoteNo MMJ?

:(

you need to get over that LOL....

mars volta late night show!!! that was so good in 2005 (or 6?)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

red

Quotemars volta late night show!!! that was so good in 2005 (or 6?)
Back when they were good.   ;) ;D

capt. scotty

QuoteNo MMJ?

why? cant a kid dream??

DirtyJerzee

Anyone staying up tonight to see who is on the bill?

capt. scotty

QuoteAnyone staying up tonight to see who is on the bill?

when are they listing it on the site?? It just says Feb 3rd.

Not sure if that means midnight or what

DirtyJerzee

Well, they announced it at midnight last year and usually there is some press release just before it is announced. There also could be another leak like what happened in 2007, but I am not thinking lighting will strike twice.

Soulshine

QuoteNo MMJ?

2005: That was great
Because we're all in this together...