nye msg meetup

Started by sshho, Oct 17, 2008, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st. john

you guys are all so great - hours of smiles and laughter  - it would be good to have a preshow meetup on nye - assuming it happens. see how many towns/ countries/worlds/genders/benders we represent. anyone interested ?

Penny Lane

people have already talked about a meetup somewhere---or possibly a couple different meetups (depending on whether you're going to that pre=party that comes w/the package?) as the show gets closer, it'll be posted so definitely stay tuned  :D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

st. john

Bigsky

Quotepeople have already talked about a meetup somewhere---or possibly a couple different meetups (depending on whether you're going to that pre=party that comes w/the package?) as the show gets closer, it'll be posted so definitely stay tuned  :D

What kind of package?

Salacious D

Quotepeople have already talked about a meetup somewhere---or possibly a couple different meetups (depending on whether you're going to that pre=party that comes w/the package?) as the show gets closer, it'll be posted so definitely stay tuned  :D

What kind of package?
I think she was referring to the "Consider it Dan" package. There's a stickied thread about it at the top of the "shows" forum (this forum).

I'll be at that pre-party for sure--look for the girl with the permi-grin from ear to ear. . . well, I'll be one of them, at least : )
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

bold99

I've been wondering this myself....I'm looking to hit some pre-party action with some friends.  Keep us updated!
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

DirtyJerzee

Hi Everyone! Let me introduce myself. My name is Jay and I am the administrator of Inforoo.com (The Unofficial Bonnaroo Message Board) On NYE, there will be a pre-MMJ party just outside Manhattan (3 stops into Queens by subway if you were wondering) in Astoria, Queens.

The party will take place from 4pm-7pm and will have open bar and buffet for the duration of the party. For your rockin pleasure, there will be Rock Band and Guitar Hero as well. The admission to get in will be $50 a head, which by NYE standards it is a steal.

If you are interested or have any further questions then PM me or you may contact me by e-mail: deegan78@yahoo.com. I want to thank CC Baxter for allowing me to post this on the message board. I hope to see some of you guys and gals on NYE.

-Jay

DirtyJerzee

I was not allowed to post a link on my first post, so here is the link of the place the party will be @:

Sunswick - http://www.sunswick3535bar.com/

Salacious D

Woohoo!!

Welcome DirtyJerzee!! See you in NYC :)
(--Dystopian@roo)
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

DirtyJerzee

QuoteWoohoo!!

(--Dystopian@roo)
Hey! Are you the only one on here that is from Inforoo? I figured I would ask some of the gang over here if they want in on the party since we will be going to the same destination later that eve.

Salacious D

QuoteWoohoo!!

(--Dystopian@roo)
Hey! Are you the only one on here that is from Inforoo? I figured I would ask some of the gang over here if they want in on the party since we will be going to the same destination later that eve.
Nope--Idioteque is over here, as well as sassbox, and I'm pretty sure I saw at least one other familiar name. . .

Cannot wait for NYE.

edierevolution

sunswick! sweet. one of my favorite local hangs. hopefully i get out of work early enough to hit this up.

Penny Lane

would be easier to just pick some kind of a dive bar close to MSG and just have a central meet up there? The swankier places will have covers and probably you won't be able to just get in and out. There are a couple close to there so let me know if this is an okay idea and sean, maybe bluesky and i and a few others in NYC will find a place? we can call ahead to these places and just make sure we can get in from 4-7ish...just an idea.

I know that for many of us making it into the city, getting back on the subway and going out to Queens is not an option especially risking the trains/crowds getting back into the city.

DirtyJerzee

Quotewould be easier to just pick some kind of a dive bar close to MSG and just have a central meet up there? The swankier places will have covers and probably you won't be able to just get in and out. There are a couple close to there so let me know if this is an okay idea and sean, maybe bluesky and i and a few others in NYC will find a place? we can call ahead to these places and just make sure we can get in from 4-7ish...just an idea.

I know that for many of us making it into the city, getting back on the subway and going out to Queens is not an option especially risking the trains/crowds getting back into the city.

a small handful of people have had concerns about getting back in time, but that shouldn't be an issue since there is a 2 hour window and the trains weren't too crowded at that time last year. I know this because I work a couple blocks over from the place. Also, the party does run for 3 hours, so people want to leave around 6- 6:30 and still feel they got their money worth.

the_wizzard

Quotewould be easier to just pick some kind of a dive bar close to MSG and just have a central meet up there? The swankier places will have covers and probably you won't be able to just get in and out. There are a couple close to there so let me know if this is an okay idea and sean, maybe bluesky and i and a few others in NYC will find a place? we can call ahead to these places and just make sure we can get in from 4-7ish...just an idea.

I am with you Penny....and I have an affection for dive bars.  Especially in Manhattan.  Keep me posted on close-to-MSG ideas.  I fly in early on the 31st and am going to Brooklyn to nap and eat.  Once 4-ish rolls around, I want to head to the Manhattan (and not pay a NYE cover), not Queens.

Penny Lane

I am with you Penny....and I have an affection for dive bars.  Especially in Manhattan.  Keep me posted on close-to-MSG ideas.  I fly in early on the 31st and am going to Brooklyn to nap and eat.  Once 4-ish rolls around, I want to head to the Manhattan (and not pay a NYE cover), not Queens.

wizz-that sounds like a good plan! i'm taking off work that day so i'll be coming into the city around 4 or 5 i hope too--there is a dive bar called blarney rock across the street that i've been too many times that might work. i'll check w/sean and keep looking.

bold99

wizz-that sounds like a good plan! i'm taking off work that day so i'll be coming into the city around 4 or 5 i hope too--there is a dive bar called blarney rock across the street that i've been too many times that might work. i'll check w/sean and keep looking.

My friends that are going and I will be in on this plan.  I'm all about convience..the closer to MSG the better...and the more the Dive bar the better for me...I'll be in the city around 3pm and be ready to go.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Haldon

I'm down for the pre-nye meet up some place close to msg.  I'll be with 3 friends, and ready to party.  A dive bar sounds like a fine place to me.  Can't wait to see you all there.

haldon

walterfredo

I cannot remember the place as it's been about 4 years since I've been to NYC.  Last time I was in NYC I was seeing a couple shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom, which is right by MSG.  We found a really fun Irish Pub that (from my memory) is a few blocks northeast of MSG.  I cannot remember the name though, but it was basically a couple blocks due east of the Hammerstein.  We'll probably try and find that place again.  

Penny Lane

QuoteI cannot remember the place as it's been about 4 years since I've been to NYC.  Last time I was in NYC I was seeing a couple shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom, which is right by MSG.  We found a really fun Irish Pub that (from my memory) is a few blocks northeast of MSG.  I cannot remember the name though, but it was basically a couple blocks due east of the Hammerstein.  We'll probably try and find that place again.  

the bars i'm talking about are about a block up and east on 34th or 33rd--might be the same ones. 3 in a row, 2 are irish i think-