Main Menu

NFL?

Started by primushead, Sep 17, 2006, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vielfras

Quotetop five? that's crazy!  He's not in the top 5 current QBs.  now do you all know what I mean by OVERRATED!?!?!

btw, your misery on sundays may have more to do with the facts that you're a lions fan and less to do with Favre, just like Favre's only ring has more to do with Reggie White and Mide Holmgren than Favre.

Wow we got some Favre haters here.  Well no sense in arguing with you guys forever on this one.  I will just end it with two things- Reggie White was awesome but had to go to play on Favre's team to get the ring.  Correct me if I am wrong on that one.

And the other thing numbers don't lie.  Favre is second all time to Marino on passing yards, completions, and TDs.  And I don't believe Reggie White and Mike Holmgren caught any of those.

Good night and maybe we will argue tomorrow.   :)

When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.

ycartrob

QuoteHere are SOME of the QBs I would put ahead of Favre:
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Steve Young
Terry Bradshaw
Bob Griese
Joe Namath
Johnny Unitas (also should have retired earlier as well)
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Bart Starr

I'd even add Jim Kelly

ycartrob

Wow we got some Favre haters here.  Well no sense in arguing with you guys forever on this one.  I will just end it with two things- Reggie White was awesome but had to go to play on Favre's team to get the ring.  Correct me if I am wrong on that one.

And the other thing numbers don't lie.  Favre is second all time to Marino on passing yards, completions, and TDs.  And I don't believe Reggie White and Mike Holmgren caught any of those.

Good night and maybe we will argue tomorrow.   :)

I like Favre, I love to watch him play. But he's not one of the top 5 of all time.

And as far as numbers go, Emmit Smith is the all-time leading rusher but he is behind the likes of  Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders, Tony Dorsett or Earl Campbell in the pure talent category.

Numbers shmumbers.

ManNamedTruth

Fast Willie Parker with franchise record 223 yards in a 27-7 victory against the brownies tonight. 303 yeards total rushing. Parker got all those yards and still sat out most of the 4th quarter. Only RB to have two 200 yard games in a season for the steelers.All time browns-steelers games now tied at 55-55 for the two rivals.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

peanut butter puddin surprise

that was an awesome game...parker is really coming into his own.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

aMD

Quotethat was an awesome game...parker is really coming into his own.
they beat a formidable browns team! wow!
Shittsburg sucks!  Who dey!?!

ManNamedTruth

Shittsburg sucks!  Who day!?!

You really like to talk shit don't you. Thats not really my style, I'd sooner just put you on my ignore list.

aMD

when it comes to sports, yes I do like to talk shit!  It's fun, I'm not trying to piss anyone off (where did Tracy's manifesto go?)  Feel free to talk shit right back.  oh wait... I forgot you root for Shittsburg.  You'd better just ignore me.  The truth hurts.

corey

hehehe..... Yeah, this is a sports thread, so there's gonna be some shit-talkin'. Isn't that a universal rule or something? :)

Jellyfish

You really like to talk shit don't you. Thats not really my style, I'd sooner just put you on my ignore list.

I wouldn't take it so personally....it's not like he is talking bout yo mama or anything...it's just sports.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Jellyfish

My team(Dolphins) have been playing better lately but are out of the playoffs.I am pulling for NE in AFC and Dallas in NFC.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

peanut butter puddin surprise

Shittsburg sucks!  Who dey!?!

well, my comments were about willie parker, so i'm not sure what you mean.  also, "shittsburg" has more rings than anyone other than dallas, who they beat 2 outta 3 times.  
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ManNamedTruth

Quotewhen it comes to sports, yes I do like to talk shit!  It's fun, I'm not trying to piss anyone off (where did Tracy's manifesto go?)  Feel free to talk shit right back.  oh wait... I forgot you root for Shittsburg.  You'd better just ignore me.  The truth hurts.
Thats the thing, theres no truth to what you say. Calling my hometown shittsburgh pisses me off, whether you mean to or not. We might be having a down year but cincinatti has had way more down years lately than us. I was happy about what my team did and I don't need your snotty little comments. One more game between our teams, we'll see who talks shit then.

ManNamedTruth

I wouldn't take it so personally....it's not like he is talking bout yo mama or anything...it's just sports.
I take it personally because I have pride for my hometown and I don't appreciate Pittsburgh being called "Shittsburg"

ManNamedTruth

well, my comments were about willie parker, so i'm not sure what you mean.  also, "shittsburg" has more rings than anyone other than dallas, who they beat 2 outta 3 times.  
49ers have 5 also.
Pittsburgh:5
Cowboys:5
49ers:5
Cincinatti:0

ycartrob

let me help you aMD: (clears throat)

Folks, I swear, I am just having fun here.  

I apologize if my sarcasm is interpreted as belittling.  

I am under the impression that we are all fans of the NFL here and I say the same things to people here (in arguments) that I would say to my closest friends. Intellectual jousting with insults (see The Dozens in hip hop culture) is how we see it. No harm.  

Perhaps I am taking too many liberties with my quick wit and my craftmanship of the English language.  

If I disagree with your choice of favorite NFL team, I will disagree. I'll try not to get too personal (families, pets, hairstyles, etc...) however, if you leave yourself wide open to some good hearted ribbing, please accept it for what it is.  

Please, dish it back, but don't take it personally. Just having fun with my sarcastic wit; if you don't find it funny, then don't respond.    

But if you say "The Steelers are great...the Bengals suck" or "so and so can't take criticism", then I have to respond....because it's  F U N  

Be careful out there...

aMD

Thats the thing, theres no truth to what you say. Calling my hometown shittsburgh pisses me off, whether you mean to or not. We might be having a down year but cincinatti has had way more down years lately than us. I was happy about what my team did and I don't need your snotty little comments. One more game between our teams, we'll see who talks shit then.

I thought you were going to ignore me.  You can't have it both ways.  You can't tell me that I can't talk shit and then start talking shit right back.  Even a Steelers fan should be able to understand that.

aMD

49ers have 5 also.
Pittsburgh:5
Cowboys:5
49ers:5
Cincinatti:0

What about the 49ers?  and yes, Shittsburg has a better history than Cincy but let's try to live in the now for a minute. Shittsburg sucks.  "Fast" Willie Parker is pretty fast as long as no one touches him.  Big Ben is banged up.  Cower put him in too early and may be leaving after this season.  Bettis and randle El were big lossess but shouldn't have been big enough to make them suck so hard this year.  

Oh yeah, and they come from a stinkhole of a town that, for reasons that couldn't be coincidence, has a name with "Pitts" in it which rhymes with shits.  A city that is so terrible that the people's only chance at happiness is to root for a shitty ass football team.  I might be a little over-sensitive to criticism too if I had to root for Shittsburg.

Man, this is fun, isn't it?  Thanks Tracy, your manifesto was exactly what this thread needed.

ManNamedTruth

I thought you were going to ignore me.  You can't have it both ways.  You can't tell me that I can't talk shit and then start talking shit right back.  Even a Steelers fan should be able to understand that.
I changed my mind. I'm allowed to do that I think.

ManNamedTruth

What about the 49ers?  and yes, Shittsburg has a better history than Cincy but let's try to live in the now for a minute. Shittsburg sucks.  "Fast" Willie Parker is pretty fast as long as no one touches him.  Big Ben is banged up.  Cower put him in too early and may be leaving after this season.  Bettis and randle El were big lossess but shouldn't have been big enough to make them suck so hard this year.  

Oh yeah, and they come from a stinkhole of a town that, for reasons that couldn't be coincidence, has a name with "Pitts" in it which rhymes with shits.  A city that is so terrible that the people's only chance at happiness is to root for a shitty ass football team.  I might be a little over-sensitive to criticism too if I had to root for Shittsburg.

Man, this is fun, isn't it?  Thanks Tracy, your manifesto was exactly what this thread needed.

The thing that gets me is that not only are you attacking my team which doesn't bother me that much, but you're attacking my town. I thought everyone here was cool but you're obviously ignorrant. Steelers aren't the only thing to live for around here.