Main Menu

NFL?

Started by primushead, Sep 17, 2006, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

The poll question today on espn-Who's the NFL MVP?
Drew Brees?
LT?
your thoughts?
I wish it was like baseball, nl and an al mvp. They both are worthy. I'll have to go with......I'll decide later.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

carson palmer.

ratsprayer

Quotecarson palmer.

3 pretty decent games out of the season so far don't make a strong case for NFL MVP.  rudi johnson has done more for the team than carson.  get over it, carson is overrated.  chad johnson would be a better candidate than carson.  

ycartrob

let's go Bungles/Dolts fans. A little friendly wager for Monday Night?

ratsprayer

Quotelet's go Bungles/Dolts fans. A little friendly wager for Monday Night?

sadly, with my money situation and current state of logic, i'd bet against my own team.  sad state of affairs, in every way possible..

:'( :'( :'(

ratsprayer

i'd say:

bengals 31
colts 21

colts do a much better job of stopping the run, but the safeties are pulled too far up the field to stop the deep passes.  i wish i were wrong, but it's wot i feel at the moment.

aMD

bengals 38
colts 13

Carson overrated? Your crazy. Name me a QB who currently plays in the NFL who's better (other than Peyton).  Maybe Brady but ONLY on the basis of his jewelry.  But you're right, the Johnsons are pretty good too.

ratsprayer

carson is a damn fine quarterback, when he shows up.  i just don't think he's in the running for MVP.  admittedly hating to go with popular opinion, but i think LT and drew brees are pretty much tied at the current moment, based upon the impact they've had on their respective teams.  if the kansas city chiefs had a better record, you could throw larry johnson in the running as well.  the entire bears' defense would certainly win, if that were allowed.  

ycartrob

Name me a QB who currently plays in the NFL who's better (other than Peyton).  Maybe Brady but ONLY on the basis of his jewelry.

Drew Brees has a 1-higher QB rating 2- thrown for more yards 3- thrown for more TD's 4- thrown less interceptions 5-has higher completion % 6- better win/loss record.
But I am sure you'll stick with your statement that Palmer is better.

aMD

damn logic, okay you're right, brees and LT are better candidates.  I think carson's off-games have less to do with him "showing up" and more to do with his major knee surgery less than a year ago.  Other than last week and the first part of the season, Carson has looked like his usual self this year.

primushead

LT is the BEST candidate.

But...could I throw Philip Rivers' name in there as well?  I think he's been a badass this entire season.  I mean, he's got an offensive line from hell to back him up, but he's been doing great as a "rookie".

aMD

Drew Brees has a 1-higher QB rating 2- thrown for more yards 3- thrown for more TD's 4- thrown less interceptions 5-has higher completion % 6- better win/loss record.
But I am sure you'll stick with your statement that Palmer is better.

actually I will.  Compare their numbers from last year, or Carson's numbers last year to Brees' numbers this year.  That's when Carson was 100% healthy and had a O line that showed up for every game.  Carson's been sacked three times as much as Brees while trying to protect a banged up knee this season but he's still made throws that Brees couldn't pull off.  When Carson retires we'll see who's in the hall and who's not.  And let's not forget this season's head to head match-up: Carson 1 Brees 0. (I do like Brees though, because he's a Boilmaker)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

aMD

yo, I already admitted that there are better candidates at this point than Carson so you can drop it.  But if you don't want to drop it I can point out that Carson, Chad, and Rudi are all better candidates for MVP than any player from your beloved Shittsburg Steelers.

ycartrob

Quote But if you don't want to drop it I can point out that Carson, Chad, and Rudi are all better candidates for MVP than any player from your beloved Shittsburg Steelers.

I disagree. I think Rofliesfebergr is a strong choice (and we mean MVP for the opposing team, right?)

corey

QuoteI think Rofliesfebergr is a strong choice (and we mean MVP for the opposing team, right?)

Meaning... he's very valuable in that he helped a lot of opposing teams win games this year?  :)

I'm not a Steelers fan at all, but it was fun to watch him play last year. This year, not so much.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quoteyo, I already admitted that there are better candidates at this point than Carson so you can drop it.  But if you don't want to drop it I can point out that Carson, Chad, and Rudi are all better candidates for MVP than any player from your beloved Shittsburg Steelers.

well, since I didn't even mention the Steelers, I'm not sure what your point is.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ManNamedTruth

well, since I didn't even mention the Steelers, I'm not sure what your point is.
The point is he's an asshole.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMD

The point is he's an asshole.

And you are so nice! Way to lead by example.

(btw, there really is no need for personal attacks.  we're talking shit about sports.  if you can't stand the heat get out of this thread.)

aMD

My point was that the Bengals have three players who are better candidates for MVP than any player on the team you root for so I don't know why you'd choose to talk shit about any of those Bengal players.  Another point I made was one that I had already made about conceding the fact that there are currently players who are better candidates than Carson.  Man, I don't know if I can make it any simpler than that or repeat in yet another way.  I could draw you a picture or maybe you should just read my posts more carefully before you respond.