Main Menu

NFL?

Started by primushead, Sep 17, 2006, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

while you 2 are arguing over 2 teams that are merely playing out the rest of their seasons, let's look at tonight's Saints/Cowboys match up and recognize that the Saints will take over the #2 spot with a win.

Recognize!

aMD

what do you mean "merely playing out the rest of their season"?  The Bengals control their own destiny to get into the playoffs, they are hot and healthy (mostly) at the right time of the year.  The Steelers are out of the playoffs but the Bengals are far from it.

The Saints are doing great this year and I love watching them play, but let's not forget that Cincy beat them in the Superdome and would beat Dallas or New Orleans in the playoffs.  

I am looking forward to watching that game, but first I've got to go to the local brewery to watch the Bengals game as it is not on tv.

ycartrob

The Bungles beat the Saints when Brees lit you up for 510 yds (37/52 passing). The problem was he threw 3 picks, 2 in the end zone. I'd feel pretty good about a re-match.

this thread will get much more interesting if the Bungles are in position to make the playoffs on the last day of the season when Shittsburg comes to town.    I expect some wagering from you guys.

SmoothOprtr

Argueing about the NFC is futile... The Bears have that wrapped up already!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

ycartrob

QuoteArgueing about the NFC is futile... The Bears have that wrapped up already!

The Bears are the most overrated team in football.

red

I'm still holding on to the slightest bit of hope that my Vikes can win out and maybe somehow get into the post-season.

Jellyfish

I agree and so do the Dolphins. ;D
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ratsprayer

no, try the colts.  i think the empire is crumbling as we speak.  375 rushing yards in one game?  they're fucking becoming unhinged, and more and more key players are getting hurt every week.  at this rate, i can't even see them getting to the conference championship.   :'(

peanut butter puddin surprise

uh, anyone who calls Pittsburgh "shittsburgh" forgets they have FIVE fucking rings.  so eat shit and bark at the moon...the bengals?!  the saints?  you guys are high.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

ManNamedTruth

Quoteuh, anyone who calls Pittsburgh "shittsburgh" forgets they have FIVE fucking rings.  so eat shit and bark at the moon...the bengals?!  the saints?  you guys are high.
amen
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

WHO  DAT??

EAZYE

QuoteArgueing about the NFC is futile... The Bears have that wrapped up already!

one word for the demise of your team.....Grossman ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

rugbird

Gross man could suck and the Bears could still beat anybody.  
Its all in the turnovers.  If he gets it together...

The defense is hurtin though.

The Bears are the Bears capable of anything, good or bad.

Saints looked great sunday, very worrisome.

NoVa_NoLa

Not that I have any business intruding here...but, I'm gonna anyway.   :P

NFL Allegiance:  Steelers...lifelong fan.  Franco went to my high school (not while I was there).

re: Cincy:  Do I read this thread correctly, that a Cincy fan is berating the 'burgh?  

"If you took Chicago, sucked out every last ounce of culture including its thriving music scenes and quality restaurants and bars, leaving a graying hulk of skyscrapers and a complete lack of night life, then you would have Cincinnati."

Maybe what we have here is a case of a pot calling a kettle black?  Obviously, both places suck. (I am from NJ (the southern half), so have at it)   ;)  But, if you gotta choose one or the other, there's no contest:  Pittsburgh!  Show me your current or past rings Cincy!!!  ;)

**note high levels of sarcasm contained above meant to elicit a giggle**  ;D

Last, GEAUX SAINTS!!  (my sentimental favorite this year and last)

What about the 49ers?  and yes, Shittsburg has a better history than Cincy but let's try to live in the now for a minute. Shittsburg sucks.  "Fast" Willie Parker is pretty fast as long as no one touches him.  Big Ben is banged up.  Cower put him in too early and may be leaving after this season.  Bettis and randle El were big lossess but shouldn't have been big enough to make them suck so hard this year.  

Oh yeah, and they come from a stinkhole of a town that, for reasons that couldn't be coincidence, has a name with "Pitts" in it which rhymes with shits.  A city that is so terrible that the people's only chance at happiness is to root for a shitty ass football team.  I might be a little over-sensitive to criticism too if I had to root for Shittsburg.

Man, this is fun, isn't it?  Thanks Tracy, your manifesto was exactly what this thread needed.

primushead

The Red Sox are takin' it all.

peanut butter puddin surprise

AFC Champ:

San Diego

NFC Champ:

New Orleans

Super Bowl

San Diego 31, New Orleans 27
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

megisnotreal

because this thread is a sausage fest