Friends and family snickering about your MMJ love

Started by Zzzzzzzz, Jun 28, 2008, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easy way

QuoteI just became a member after reading this thread, I had to join....it's so nice to know I'm not the only one!  I've been a fan for a while, saw them on their Z tour, but I recently saw the dallas show (w/erykah) and it seriously CHANGED my life.  I'm completely obsessed.  My friend who I went to the show with lives about 3,000 miles away so I can't outwardly endulge on a daily basis.  my husband really likes the band, but was not at the recent show so he really doesn't "get it"....luckily tho we have tickets to the NYE show so I'm sure that'll do the trick!

But anyways, yes I know all about the eye-rolling, the "big surprise" when an MMJ song comes on, the snickering....and the inability to STOP watching youtube videos or the tireless efforts to find out as much as I can, no matter how seemingly irrelevant, about them.  thanks for letting me know it's ok to be a "f**ckin weirdo".   ;)

Welcome to the weirdos Monica!   :D
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

gundy

The missus loved them first so I bought her Z when it came out also tickets to their San Diego HOB concert. After that I love them, too.

The wife tends to play the songs loud enough for people to start asking "who's that you're playing?"

And that's how she gets 'em hooked.  :D

goose

QuoteAnyone else experiencing this?  Every time I bring them up, I get the smirk or a chuckle along with a head shake from my wife down to my best friends.  Is it that odd for man in his 30's to be obsessed with a current band??

Pretty sure they are considering an intervention any day now.

I keep talking about them at work.  I listen to shows everyday on the computer.  I saw the JIM-O-latern pic and put it on my desktop.  I showed it to a bunch of peopple and they say "How do you know it's him?"  I said I know what jim looks like, and showed them a pic.  They all rolled their eyes.  On the good side though, I showed it to one girl, and she said it was awesome!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

purvis9876

QuoteAnyone else experiencing this?  Every time I bring them up, I get the smirk or a chuckle along with a head shake from my wife down to my best friends.  Is it that odd for man in his 30's to be obsessed with a current band??

Pretty sure they are considering an intervention any day now.

I keep talking about them at work.  I listen to shows everyday on the computer.  I saw the JIM-O-latern pic and put it on my desktop.  I showed it to a bunch of peopple and they say "How do you know it's him?"  I said I know what jim looks like, and showed them a pic.  They all rolled their eyes.  On the good side though, I showed it to one girl, and she said it was awesome!

Sounds like a soulmate to me. ;D
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...