NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

It really pains me to say it Crispy, but congratulations.  You guys played really well on the road, and the last game of the year is going to be a phenomenal one.  Hopefully you guys can knock off Texas as well but lose to us and Mizzou or Tech beat the shorthorns as well and let us sneak back into the Big 12 Championship.  That's a lot of if's and hopefullies though. :-/

Hermo, that blows brother.  I was about as drunk as Crispies post with disappointment.  Please go down to Austin and pull out a W.

Not talking smack, Brad, but do you really think you guys have a shot of making it through the SEC unscathed?  

That and does any other conference matter at this point.  I know Penn State is up there but I want to see what they do when they get punched in the mouth.  USC is lurking around, but if there is a one loss Big 12 team and a one loss SEC team I don't see how those two teams aren't in the national championship game.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Crispy

Thanks EZ, I know that was tough ;). Bedlam is going to be completely out of hand this year!
What really sucks for OU is losing Ryan Reynolds for the season - the 2nd half D proved his worth. How crazy would it be though if OU and Texas win out and Bama, USC, Penn State, etc. lose a couple - we could have an OU-Texas BCS rematch! Unlikely, but still possible.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Angry Ewok

QuoteNot talking smack, Brad, but do you really think you guys have a shot of making it through the SEC unscathed?

No, I don't. I cannot imagine any team in the SEC going undefeated this year (or any year, ever again). I'm not really convinced we'll even win the division, much less the conference or National Championship.

QuoteThat and does any other conference matter at this point.  I know Penn State is up there but I want to see what they do when they get punched in the mouth.  USC is lurking around, but if there is a one loss Big 12 team and a one loss SEC team I don't see how those two teams aren't in the national championship game.

Agreed 100%. If Penn State runs the table, they're probably in, but as far as I'm concerned, the SEC and BIG 12 are the two best conferences in the country. Folks here in Tuscaloosa would love a piece of a Big10 team in a BCS game. Big12... not so much.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

EAZYE

I wouldn't mind any Big 10 in a BCS game, I'm with you on that one.  Not really sure if I want anyone from the SEC.  Although I do think that OU vs. Alabama would be intriguing.  Hopefully Bob would be able to get a little revenge on Saban.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

capt. scotty

It seems pretty much everyone here (thats still interested in the thread), is SEC or Big 12 affiliated

As a PSU alum, I wont argue anything conference wise, bc those are the 2 best. 1 of my best friends recently graduated from Bama, so trust me, I know everything SEC and agree 9 of 10 years their the best conference, but I really think this year the Big 12 is better

The Buckeyes are a little down, but Im just sayin dont discount PSU bc of the conference. We just slammed Wisc. as bad as USC slammed OSU, and OSU struggle to beat Wisc. in the same situation (at Wisc., night game) a week ealier, w/ Beanie Wells back

I know the season is far from over, but I think this PSU team is determined. #1 recruit Derrick Williams said he went to PSU to win a NC - he got a taste by winning the Orange Bowl his frosh year, but he and the rest of upperclassmen are hungry for blood and I dont think are going to overlook any team.

At OSU, and home vs Mich St to finish the season are the 2 key games, but if PSU doesnt lose focus, theyre going undefeated.

I hope it vs. Bama, but Ill enjoy to see how PSU stacks up to whoever regardless, bc like I said, those are the 2 best conferences with around 10 solid teams combined, but I actually think PSU is ready for that and as well rounded as any team going right now.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

Just because a team doesn't play in the best conference doesn't mean they can't still be the best team in the country.   So yes, I agree that Penn State could very well be the best team in the country.   Although i hope not.  ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

BH

Quote[size=24]YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!.......................[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bobby+lowder%27s+office&search_type=&aq=f

That's great!   ;D I saw a version of this awhile back but it was scripted as Hitler being a Dallas Cowboys fan after they lost in the playoffs last year.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

OK Tigers, tomorrow is your big chance to redeem yourselves! A Siberian Tiger taking on a steer, hmmm....... ;)    
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Ellis D.

Lumberjacks 5-1. Fear the axe Big Sky.......

Angry Ewok

I think Texas can beat Missouri as long as the "defense" holds up as "well" as it did against Oklahoma in the first half. Since it's a home game, they'll have that crowd advantage against the no huddle, too... All that said, I think (and hope) Missouri will come away with the upset.

Is anyone else sick, though, that USC is going to be back in the Top 5 again, starting this Sunday? I can think of eight teams between the SEC and BIG 12 teams that could beat USC.

purvis9876

QuoteI think Texas can beat Missouri as long as the "defense" holds up as "well" as it did against Oklahoma in the first half. Since it's a home game, they'll have that crowd advantage against the no huddle, too... All that said, I think (and hope) Missouri will come away with the upset.

Is anyone else sick, though, that USC is going to be back in the Top 5 again, starting this Sunday? I can think of eight teams between the SEC and BIG 12 teams that could beat USC.

So what are your thoughts on the game tomorrow? Living in Oxford, I can assure you that the expectations are quite low around here.

But I'm an MSU fan anyway, so FUCK EM' UP!  ;D
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

ycartrob

QuoteI think Texas can beat Missouri as long as the "defense" holds up as "well" as it did against Oklahoma in the first half. Since it's a home game, they'll have that crowd advantage against the no huddle, too... All that said, I think (and hope) Missouri will come away with the upset.

So what are your thoughts on the game tomorrow? Living in Oxford, I can assure you that the expectations are quite low around here.

But I'm an MSU fan anyway, so FUCK EM' UP!  ;D

A Mississippi State fan living in Oxford? How long did it take you to get used to the electricity and indoor plumbing?  ;)

capt. scotty

With Penn State sitting at #3, I certainly hope Texas loses. If not this week, SOON

And yes, Im sick of USC. Id def rather play probably any other team in the NC game too
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angry Ewok

QuoteSo what are your thoughts on the game tomorrow? Living in Oxford, I can assure you that the expectations are quite low around here.

It doesn't surprise me that Oxford is dead... it's a first year, they're not looking pretty at 3-3 and 1-2, but they're a good team with a pretty tough schedule (four ranked opponents, all four on the road). I think Alabama will win (they've won the last 4 and 20 out of the past 23), but I'm not looking past these guys at all. They were good enough to take Florida's mistakes and win with them, even at the Swamp.

Anyway, the thing that seems totally nuts to me is that Nutt has said his gameplan is to beat us by moving the ball with their ground game. Now, I haven't been following them too closely, but I thought their strength was their passing game? Where do the teams stand with the rushing game?

Alabama rushing offense - #1 Conference, #15 National
Ole Miss rushing offense - #4 Conference, #49 National

Alabama rushing defense - #1 Conference, #2 National
Ole Miss rushing defense - #9 Conference, #35 National

Unless he's bluffing, or joking, I just don't see how Nutt thinks he can move the ball against us. Has he watched the footage? Keep in mind that BAMA just got off of their BYE week, too. Yikes... that dude is crazy, but it's worked in the past.

aMillionDreams

I hear Nick Saban's middle name is Hilter.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Angry Ewok

QuoteI hear Nick Saban's middle name is Hilter.

Stop spreading your Buckeye agenda here, Dylan.

aMillionDreams

QuoteI hear Nick Saban's middle name is Hilter.

Stop spreading your Buckeye agenda here, Dylan.

No you DIDN'T just call me by my middle name!  ;)

FYI, that is my middle name and I guess you could it says a lot about me (see my avatar).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Angry Ewok

Well, my middle name is Bradley... so I guess we're both racists.

p.s. Hate to say it, but the more I think about it, the more I expect OSU to beat Penn State.