The Official March Madness Thread

Started by primushead, Mar 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tower

Yup, ACC as a default...Duke as the focus.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

EAZYE

QuoteGGG, I have heard what Dick and Jay and Bobby and Hubert etc...
have all said about the OU/NC match-up and Hansboro vs. Griffin, but what say you?

Hansboro wants no part of Blake.  UNC is way more talented of a team and should win the game, but it will be interesting to watch.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

aMillionDreams

QuoteWhew!!  Well I do have to say, I'm really looking forward to Izzo v. Pitino.  UL is playing monster ball right now and all I hope is that both teams play well...none of this 25% shooting night or just bad play that isn't really due to the other team.  I've always wanted to see how a good Izzo team plays against a good Pitino team and either way I want to see both teams throw their best blows.

May the better team and the better coach win!   ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

That bastard for Mizzou who missed that layup with 1 second left lost a lot of people money. Motherfucker  >:(

I took Nova +2 as well so if Pitt loses, there's a 97% chance there's some happiness in me body
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Im liking the Pitt game so far. Even when they were down by 10, I wasnt concerned because they were getting theirs on the offensive side an looked good.

Should be a close game, but Im not sure in this situation Nova can hang the whole 40 minutes.

DeJuan Blair, Sam Young, an Levance Fields all seem to be on their game. Pitt is tough to beat when that happens
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteIm liking the Pitt game so far. Even when they were down by 10, I wasnt concerned because they were getting theirs on the offensive side an looked good.

Should be a close game, but Im not sure in this situation Nova can hang the whole 40 minutes.

DeJuan Blair, Sam Young, an Levance Fields all seem to be on their game. Pitt is tough to beat when that happens

Its halftime. I think the same thing.

primushead

QuoteGGG, I have heard what Dick and Jay and Bobby and Hubert etc...
have all said about the OU/NC match-up and Hansboro vs. Griffin, but what say you?

Needless to say, I'm FUCKING STOKED!!  

I think Griffin will out stats-sheet Tyler because, well, he is a beast.  With our defense, I see him putting 25/10 against us, but if we play like we did last night, I think we'll pull it out.

I just hope we can make it past OU, because I'm not really scared of a Pitt or Nova matchup at this point.  They're looking sloppy right now.

ycartrob

Nova over Pitt

To quote my wife (quoting me), "Free throws, free throws, free throws"

primushead

QuoteNova over Pitt

To quote my wife (quoting me), "Free throws, free throws, free throws"

I thought Nova was just going to throw the game away.  That full court pass was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

And then...the full court drive?  And he makes the shot?  

This is what the Maddness is all about.  Awesome game.

BH

QuoteThat bastard for Mizzou who missed that layup with 1 second left lost a lot of people money. Motherfucker  >:(

I'm sure he feels real bad for you, jackass.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EAZYE

QuoteThat bastard for Mizzou who missed that layup with 1 second left lost a lot of people money. Motherfucker  >:(

I'm sorry BH, I was pulling for you guys :-/

ycartrob

Me too. Me thinks the Mempis game was "too easy" and that fucked with their psyche. They just couldn't seem to ever be able to hit 5th gear. And UConn is good and hit the FT's down the stretch.

BH

Me too. Me thinks the Mempis game was "too easy" and that fucked with their psyche. They just couldn't seem to ever be able to hit 5th gear. And UConn is good and hit the FT's down the stretch.

Yeah, UConn played a great game, I think I heard they shot 70% in the first half.   We hung tough, but just didn't quite have enough in the tank.  I thought we had them right were we wanted them with about 13 minutes left.  UConn was breathing heavy, tugging on their shorts, and we went up by one.   Then there was a long tv timeout, another timeout, and several long free throw stops that really slowed the the game back down at the worst time.   Either way, UConn was very impressive and deserved to win.   I just wanted ONE MORE WIN, to get our first Final 4.  However it was a really fun year, I won't forget.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

Izzo'd

I thought when Pitino said his team had their "egos in check", after showing T Will dancing and Sosa posing for the camera after a Sweet 16 win over Arizona, that they might be in trouble.

Spartans D, pretty awesome. But that was a team win from the head coach to the bench, Louisville got beat.

tower

I watched the game with a diehard UL fan and his response...Pitino got outcoached.  Obviously a great game from MSU...I always wanted to see how a Pitino team would fare against an Izzo defense, I couldn't be more pleased.  I think Pitino got a lot out of his team this year but I  do maintain that he runs a high risk/high reward system...when it works it pays big but when it doesn't there aren't a lot of options.

Couldn't be happier for Travis Walton, he's worked on his jumper and made himself into a guy who needs to be guarded.  I have such a man-crush on Izzo, words can't explain.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

primushead

Wow, way to go, Spartans!

Heels up by 9 at the half...keep it up.

EAZYE

QuoteWow, way to go, Spartans!

Heels up by 9 at the half...keep it up.

you guys are just to deep.  everytime you guys sub it's like a god damn line change.  we just can't compete with that.  that and you guys play SO DAMN FAST :-/

tower

Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

EAZYE

that and the fact that your heels don't appear to be able to miss anything.

tower

I love how while ESPN is interviewing Izzo they show highlights of UNC beating us earlier this season.  Fucking ridiculous, ESPN=ACC

Can Oklahoma make a shot?  Reminds me of our game against them, eeash.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com