The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

QuoteSteelers taken down by the Raiders? Really? They beat the Bengals too. Do you guys think it has anything to do with the QB switch? Gradkowski has been key in the clutch.

sure, that has a ton to do with it.  Jamarcus Russel was like 7 for 30 with 3 interceptions every game.  Now they have a leader, someone that excites the rest of the team, and someone who doesn't give the game away. they call him Dr. B on NFL network, and I think if he wore an eye patch he'd look exactly like the raiders logo.

more importantly, it's nice to see the dolphins win in the 4th quarter instead of throwing the game away.  Back in the hunt, though I'm not sure they'll win enough games to get into the wild card.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

pawpaw

QuoteSteelers taken down by the Raiders? Really? They beat the Bengals too. Do you guys think it has anything to do with the QB switch? Gradkowski has been key in the clutch.

Sorry 'bout that one True and Cap'n  8-)

Gradkowski is a big part of it. Having Gallery back on the O-Line has really helped, and our young receivers have been (slowly) improving too. There are amazing athletes on that team, but they're horribly inconsistent. The Defense has had the ability all year to play very well, not that they always have. The Offense has been a joke, but Gradkowski seems to be a better decision maker and can control the offense more effectively than Russell.

Still majorly inconsistent, but the last two wins have been really nice ones, especially flying across the country to PA for a win.  
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

aMillionDreams

QuoteMy god do we suck

ya didn't see that one coming, huh?  ;D ;D ;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AMightyCaporal

I wish the vikings won, I'm on board with Brett this season- he looks like he's having a good time.  Sucks he threw two picks though.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

capt. scotty

Gradkowski is a big part of it. Having Gallery back on the O-Line has really helped, and our young receivers have been (slowly) improving too. There are amazing athletes on that team, but they're horribly inconsistent. The Defense has had the ability all year to play very well, not that they always have. The Offense has been a joke, but Gradkowski seems to be a better decision maker and can control the offense more effectively than Russell.

Still majorly inconsistent, but the last two wins have been really nice ones, especially flying across the country to PA for a win.  

I really dont know whats happened to our defense. I realize Polamalu is one of the best players in the league, but how bad they have looked without him is embarrassing. 21 points to the Raiders in teh 4th quarter?! Taylor totally blew his coverage and Carter his deep middle assignment on Murphy's 75 yard TD. The unnecessary roughness call on Mundy at the end was BS, but thats the how the NFL for pussies goes these days.

I have NEVER seen a secondary with worse hands than ours this year. No one can catch a ball besides Troy. My highschool's DB's had better hands. Joe Burnett - when the ball hits you in the numbers - you catch the mofo!

Honestly, we dont deserve to make the playoffs after how we've played over the last month, so Im not too mad about it. Since the talents there, its frustrating and surprising, but after that loss yesterday I would say they need to win out to have a shot at the wild card.

Nice win bbill....yinz are movin on up!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteI wish the vikings won, I'm on board with Brett this season- he looks like he's having a good time.  Sucks he threw two picks though.

Still only 5 on the season though...His TD:INT ratio is still fantastic. They were bound to lose another game, Arizona is a tough place to play, and when you control All Day like that, you deserve to win.

I still think Vikes get a bye and play at home for the divisional game, and I cant see anyone going into MIN or NO and winning in the playoffs.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

COLTS!!! 21 REGULAR season game wins in a row to tie Pats record... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

.Walt

I still think Vikes get a bye and play at home for the divisional game, and I cant see anyone going into MIN or NO and winning in the playoffs.

I could.

I tried it, but I can't be a 100% homer. I have to be objective.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

AMD, friendly bet on the Vikes vs Bengals? I don't think I've ever seen you with a different picture, so it could be time for a change.

this is a candidate...

aMillionDreams

That sounds good, Walt.  If you pick a Favre pic (as in picture, not interception) I may have to cry.  But I've got a good feeling about this game.  Our D should be able to contain AD and pick off Favre at least three times.  Let's do it!

capt. scotty

Thanks for teh help, Packers!

Ruckus

The Jets are alive!  

Oh and Walt, don't give AMD a Childress avatar.  If you win, it has to be one of Favre in a Wrangler jeans commercial
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

^

good call

...on another note, did anyone else notice how Yahoo scored Meachem's fumble return TD play? They gave him a points for teh solo tackle, FF, and FR - which all make sense. HOWEVER - they give him 6 points for an offensive return TD, plus 6 more points for a "defensive" TD. I dont see how in any way you could possible give him duplicate points for the TD.

It didnt have any bearing in our league as Crispy wouldve still lost to Walt, and still has more points than EazyE, but in my money league had I not had 1 more win than the guy currently in 7th, he wouldve made the playoffs on points over me by 4 points based on getting 12pts for Meachem's 1 TD.

Just a little FYI because it might make a difference in some of yinz other leagues. I dont know if Yahoo has a way to alter scoring, but I wouldve lost my shit if I missed the playoffs by 4 points because Yahoo gave Meachem 12pts for 1 TD and it couldnt be corrected

Ruckus

Quote^

good call

...on another note, did anyone else notice how Yahoo scored Meachem's fumble return TD play? They gave him a points for teh solo tackle, FF, and FR - which all make sense. HOWEVER - they give him 6 points for an offensive return TD, plus 6 more points for a "defensive" TD. I dont see how in any way you could possible give him duplicate points for the TD.

It didnt have any bearing in our league as Crispy wouldve still lost to Walt, and still has more points than EazyE, but in my money league had I not had 1 more win than the guy currently in 7th, he wouldve made the playoffs on points over me by 4 points based on getting 12pts for Meachem's 1 TD.

Just a little FYI because it might make a difference in some of yinz other leagues. I dont know if Yahoo has a way to alter scoring, but I wouldve lost my shit if I missed the playoffs by 4 points because Yahoo gave Meachem 12pts for 1 TD and it couldnt be corrected

Just as crazy was that they took the TD away from the Saints defense and may have still given them credit for a fumble recovery.  If you ask me, that is a defensive TD.  I guess in our format in the MMJ league, it kind of makes sense as points are given for defensive plays by offensive players.  I agree that one player should NEVER get 2tds for one play.  Taking away the Meachem TD from the Saints on Monday would have affected our league greatly had Romo not missed a wide open Roy Williams down the sideline near the end of the game on Sunday. >:(
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Not like something like this happens all that often, but just another reason I like IDP's more than team defenses/ST.

I think there are actually valid arguments for both sides: whether Meachem gets the TD or its a D/ST teams TD.

That said, no way in hell should Meachem gets 12 points for the TD like Yahoo is currently giving him

In leagues that have D/ST, my opinion would be to not give them the points and give Meachem 6 for the fumble return TD. IMO if you draft that defense and ST, you draft those players. But I can also see how technically Meachem was playing defense, so you could argue it that way as well. Like I said, glad I dont have to deal with D/ST. This is much more cut and dry when only dealing with IDP's as clearly Meachem deserves the 6 points (but not 12)

aMillionDreams

Quote^

good call

That cost my wife a first round bye based on points in the league I commish.  I didn't explain all that to her as I didn't want to see her head explode.

AMightyCaporal

I really dont know whats happened to our defense. I realize Polamalu is one of the best players in the league, but how bad they have looked without him is embarrassing. 21 points to the Raiders in teh 4th quarter?! Taylor totally blew his coverage and Carter his deep middle assignment on Murphy's 75 yard TD. The unnecessary roughness call on Mundy at the end was BS, but thats the how the NFL for pussies goes these days.

I have NEVER seen a secondary with worse hands than ours this year. No one can catch a ball besides Troy. My highschool's DB's had better hands. Joe Burnett - when the ball hits you in the numbers - you catch the mofo!

Honestly, we dont deserve to make the playoffs after how we've played over the last month, so Im not too mad about it. Since the talents there, its frustrating and surprising, but after that loss yesterday I would say they need to win out to have a shot at the wild card.

Nice win bbill....yinz are movin on up!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814d2488&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

.Walt

QuoteThat sounds good, Walt.  If you pick a Favre pic (as in picture, not interception) I may have to cry.  But I've got a good feeling about this game.  Our D should be able to contain AD and pick off Favre at least three times.  Let's do it!

I think someone on ESPN said this, but I feel the same way. The Vikes are becoming a Brett Favre team. At first they tried to make Favre happy by letting him throw at the goal line. It worked when people thought it was more of a AD team, but people now know that it's a Brett Favre team. You can't fool people anymore, and Favre seems to be going back to forcing throws, and just looking like a kid...in the backyard...having too much fun out there.

The bet...Loser has to wear the picture for a week, and the caption can't be negative towards the picture. Other than that, it's all good.

AMightyCaporal

so if you lose do you have to use this picture?

AMightyCaporal

Quoteso if you lose do you have to use this picture?

or this

or this