The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteWay to prove yourselves the biggest last second screwups in the NFL once again, Bengals. :-/

Seeing the bungals lose now just pisses me off even more since we blew that game against KC  >:(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

That Iggles-Berrs game was pretty good. Despite it not necessarily being highlight reel material, it was damn entertaining. Collinsworth kept saying it, but Peanut Tillman is mos def 1 of the most underrated DB's in teh League.

I cant believe D-Jax just keeps it real every week. Unbelievable, and pretty sure he already set a record for 40+ yd TDs in a yr
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

pawpaw

QuoteWay to prove yourselves the biggest last second screwups in the NFL once again, Bengals. :-/

(Cue 'The Autumn Wind')

Man, if those damn Raiders can pull off a win on Thursday, I'll be one happy fool. Their defense CAN play well, and if they can win the turnover game, they can beat the Cowboys. Of course, they'll probably lose by 30.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

(Cue 'The Autumn Wind')

Love that song BBill.  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

Chris Johnson is a manimal. Fantasy drafts next year should be interesting, who do you take #1: AD, CJ3, or MJD.

Tennessee is def looking good, Vinny Young looks as good or better than his rookie year, but considering they still gotta play Zona, Miami, SD, and @ Indy, they arent making the playoffs. I think theyll only miss it by a couple games remarkably, but theyll regret starting off 0-6

Fisher's lucky he's the most tenured coach in the league, because it doesnt look very good he needed Bud Adams to tell him to pull Collins and start VY

corey

Young has been really impressive in the last 4 games. These were my thoughts about him from another message board that I'm on:

If he keeps it up, I think that he can do big things. I wasn't bringing him up in the conversation in terms of "all-time greats" or anything, but he has looked really strong the last 4 games that he's started. The exciting part, to me, is that he's looked really good throwing the long-ball. Should have had a really good play last night to Nate Washington, but it bounced right out of his hands on what was a very catch-able pass. He's also been pretty damn accurate. He's making better decisions (like getting out of bounds as was mentioned) and just seems to show more of an overall awareness that he didn't play with 2 years ago. He was fun to watch then, but it was also a little scary at times. The last 4 games have shown that he's at least thinking about what he's doing instead of just trying to make a big play.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteWell the only teams theyve lost to since he's been starting are NO and NE

Obviously he's not the biggest reason why, but he also hasnt lost them any games either. Seems pretty good to me

Yea Henne is doing pretty good- has made some mistakes but he's learning quick.  No INTs and no sacks against Carolina- great mobility and made smart decisions to throw the ball away.

They could have beaten NO and NE and Indy but their complete team didn't show up.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

pawpaw

(Cue 'The Autumn Wind')

Oh yeah...  8-)

I hope to be doing shots with my Dad and Grandpa after a Raiders victory on Thursday. I'll pour my son an ounce of apple juice in his sippy-cup so he can join in too, most of which will end up on the front of whatever he's wearing.  ;D

We'll probably just end up doing shots after a Raiders loss...whatever, we'll all get drunk either way. I love Thanksgiving.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bear sin rug

(Cue 'The Autumn Wind')

GOOSEBUMPS!!
(even from a Broncos fan!)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1vKXmsIMKw&feature=related[/media]
It's a bad idea

capt. scotty

QuoteYeah, I figure the Falcons will make the playoffs again this year. Don't know how far they'll make it, but they'll at least get there.

Have I mentioned that the Titans are killing me yet? :'(

Hard to believe that they started out 10-0 last year, and are now 3-7 in their last 10.

When's the Vince Young era V2.0 going to start? Id want him in now or have Collins on a short leash if I was you.

8-)

capt. scotty

who dat team gonna beat them Saints?!  :o

corey

Quotecapt. headdy wrote on Sep 29th, 2009, 2:13pm:
corey wrote on Sep 28th, 2009, 3:23pm:
Yeah, I figure the Falcons will make the playoffs again this year. Don't know how far they'll make it, but they'll at least get there.

Have I mentioned that the Titans are killing me yet? Cry

Hard to believe that they started out 10-0 last year, and are now 3-7 in their last 10.

When's the Vince Young era V2.0 going to start? Id want him in now or have Collins on a short leash if I was you.

Cool

Hard to believe how well VY is playing. But MAN, he has looked really good. That drive at the end of the Cardinals game was awesome.

capt. scotty

Yeah, I figure the Falcons will make the playoffs again this year. Don't know how far they'll make it, but they'll at least get there.

Cool

Hard to believe how well VY is playing. But MAN, he has looked really good. That drive at the end of the Cardinals game was awesome.

I think I mentioned it in here a couple weeks ago, but I'll stand by them only losing 1 or 2 games the rest of the year, but kicking themselves for starting 0-6 as they wont make the playoffs at 9-7 or 8-8

aMillionDreams

Cool

I think I mentioned it in here a couple weeks ago, but I'll stand by them only losing 1 or 2 games the rest of the year, but kicking themselves for starting 0-6 as they wont make the playoffs at 9-7 or 8-8

Chris Johnson predicted they would go undefeated for the rest of the season after they fell to 0-6.  He also predicted he would have a 2000 yard season.  It may be smarter than we all thought.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

Hell, if he stays healthy 2000 yards is almost a lock. 6 straight games with 120+ yards. He can have a couple of 50 yards rushing games and still have a great shot at it the way he can make an average week a great one in just 1 run.

Because of CJ3, Steven Jackson is having a very underreported excellent year and would be leading the league in rushing.

I'll start believing they go 10-6 if they beat Indy this week.

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

corey

I don't think they'll get off that easy this weekend with the Colts, but I think they could give them a good run for it. It should be a fun one to watch.

Ruckus

QuoteI don't think they'll get off that easy this weekend with the Colts, but I think they could give them a good run for it. It should be a fun one to watch.

Wow the Titans have become the most fun team in football to watch.  I hope the offensive coordinator tries to become more creative in utilizing VY and CJ together.  There are things they could run with those two that no other team in the league could even contemplate doing as far as keeping the defense honest.

The Bears are done but I haven't given up on the Jets yet.  5-6, with games against the Bills and Bucs upcoming.  They somehow get those 2 and its anyone's game. :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI don't think they'll get off that easy this weekend with the Colts, but I think they could give them a good run for it. It should be a fun one to watch.

Wow the Titans have become the most fun team in football to watch.  I hope the offensive coordinator tries to become more creative in utilizing VY and CJ together.  There are things they could run with those two that no other team in the league could even contemplate doing as far as keeping the defense honest.

The Bears are done but I haven't given up on the Jets yet.  5-6, with games against the Bills and Bucs upcoming.  They somehow get those 2 and its anyone's game. :)

Watch out for the Bills and Bucs- they can play... Bills secondary is nasty... Dolphins got killed in the 4th quarter by them :(  Almost lost to the Bucs too!  
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Ruckus

Watch out for the Bills and Bucs- they can play... Bills secondary is nasty... Dolphins got killed in the 4th quarter by them :(  Almost lost to the Bucs too!  

I recognize how talented the Bills are.  Hence the "if they somehow get those 2" comment.  These are the Jets.  I don't assume any wins ever, in any year.

So where are those Broncos boys.  BSR, where are ya?  After that dominant performance, I'd be tooting my horn.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head