The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

tough week for my defenses... don't know if I should start Miami vs. New England or Denver vs Pit.... both teams can pull of upsets... its just a matter of which one!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

bear sin rug

Vegas has Pittsburgh -3 at Denver Monday night   :-X
It's a bad idea

Markus E. Realeus

...and how is the Pittsburgh D overrated? They had a record setting year last year, and once again are 1st against the run this year, despite missing Polamalu and Aaron Smith for extended periods of time.
[/quote]

I'm talking about overall defense, and the numbers don't lie.
Denver, currently ranked #1.
Pitts, currently ranked #8.

Your boys aren't even in the top 5 in the leauge, and we should be trembling w/ fear, huh?
That's what I mean by "overrated".

"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

capt. scotty

Quotetough week for my defenses... don't know if I should start Miami vs. New England or Denver vs Pit.... both teams can pull of upsets... its just a matter of which one!

Id start Denver simply because Miami's O is one dimensional. If NE gets up big, which is possible, Miami wont be able to run as often and I see them having less sustained drives if thats the case. Which all adds up to Miami's D being on the field more and getting scored on.

I would think Denver will be good for a few sacks if anything tomorrow
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Your boys aren't even in the top 5 in the leauge, and we should be trembling w/ fear, huh?

Correct. Denver is giving up about 25 less YPG, about 10 more rush YPG, are 10% better on 3rd down conversions, have 30 more penalty yards, and have 2 more sacks and 1 more INT than Pittsburgh on the year.

Pittsburgh O has 27 more points and averages about 40 more YPG than Denver's O

So basically, everything is pretty even. No need to tremble in fear, but you dont really have an advantage either.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

aMillionDreams

I just gotta say my Bengals look for real this year! The defense is finally winning games for us. This is a beautiful season so far!

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

joey_rogo

gggggggggmen

.....fucking suck. what an overrated crap team. the red zone offense is pathetic. they played like the football gods owed them a win, no hustle. thank you for making the last month of sundays suck for me.

in other news, i liked the bucs' retros this afternoon. yay for orange and metrosexual pirate logos.

corey

How about that Bengals defense today? And that's without Antwan Odom.... Their secondary was fucking insane today.

Benson racked up over 100 yards again vs the Ravens. Congrats to that guy. Helluva year he's having.

Oh, and what about the Titans? VY has looked good the last 2 weeks. I wonder if he can keep it up.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteHow about that Bengals defense today? And that's without Antwan Odom.... Their secondary was fucking insane today.

Benson racked up over 100 yards again vs the Ravens. Congrats to that guy. Helluva year he's having.

Oh, and what about the Titans? VY has looked good the last 2 weeks. I wonder if he can keep it up.

the good news- I just picked up the Cincinnati's defense on fantasy football. the bad news- I started flacco against Cincinnati's defense on sunday... he rewarded me with zero points.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Ruckus

QuoteHow about that Bengals defense today? And that's without Antwan Odom.... Their secondary was fucking insane today.

Yeah, the Bengals looked fantastic defensively again.  Joseph and Hall seem to be the real deal though Mason and Clayton did not make plays when they had the opportunity.  Clearly Bengals fans recognize this but I think the rest of the country is starting to realize that Marvin Lewis has finally put HIS stamp on this team that revolves around the D.  People here in B'more are not happy right now.

What's up with VY underthrowing deep balls consistently.  Gage went up to make that incredible catch but there were some others that could have been trouble but he lucked out.

That 4th and 1 goal line option to the weak side was remarkable. Chris Johnson had no business staying inbounds.  Instead he plants on the sideline and goes up 90 degrees to get in the endzone.  Not sure many other players could have stayed in and gotten in. :o

As for your Titans I thank them.  It was my one big play of the weekend taking the Titans getting 4.5. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Quotegggggggggmen

.....fucking suck. what an overrated crap team. the red zone offense is pathetic. they played like the football gods owed them a win, no hustle. thank you for making the last month of sundays suck for me.

yeah, theyve really fell apart this year. Not having Ross and Phillips in the secondary is huge, but clearly there's more going on that just that.

capt. scotty

Quote Clearly Bengals fans recognize this but I think the rest of the country is starting to realize that Marvin Lewis has finally put HIS stamp on this team that revolves around the D.  People here in B'more are not happy right now.

Im glad they didnt fire Lewis. He's alway seemed like a pretty good coach, but all the disciplinary stuff for a couple years and high draft picks not panning out due to injury or off the field issues (David Pollack, Odell Thurman, Kenny Irons, etc) were IMO the biggest reason they struggled.

Surprised to see them contain B-more like that after they looked just as dominating vs the Broncos last week....and we all know how good the Broncos are

Big game tonight...With a win, next weeks game vs the bungals looms even larger.

aMillionDreams

Quote Clearly Bengals fans recognize this but I think the rest of the country is starting to realize that Marvin Lewis has finally put HIS stamp on this team that revolves around the D.  People here in B'more are not happy right now.

Im glad they didnt fire Lewis. He's alway seemed like a pretty good coach, but all the disciplinary stuff for a couple years and high draft picks not panning out due to injury or off the field issues (David Pollack, Odell Thurman, Kenny Irons, etc) were IMO the biggest reason they struggled.

Surprised to see them contain B-more like that after they looked just as dominating vs the Broncos last week....and we all know how good the Broncos are

Big game tonight...With a win, next weeks game vs the bungals looms even larger.

How big of you to give cincy some ups.  But it was Chicago they man-handled two weeks ago.  They SHOULD have beat Denver in week one.  Cincy and pitt have big weeks this week and next.  A win next week for cincy and we would have to royally crumble down the stretch in order to not make the playoffs.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

What's up with VY underthrowing deep balls consistently.  Gage went up to make that incredible catch but there were some others that could have been trouble but he lucked out.

I think he's still trying to knock the rust off. He OVERthrew at least one pass last week and maybe this week too. Can't really remember. I tend to switch back and forth between several games at a time and it all runs together at a certain point. He did hit Gage for a nice 49 yarder in the 1st quarter yesterday on a perfectly thrown ball. He's been pretty damn consistent so far. Sure, he's missed a few, but his percentage isn't bad so far. I think Heimerdinger is slowly trying to ease him back into things.

Ruckus

How big of you to give cincy some ups.  But it was Chicago they man-handled two weeks ago.  They SHOULD have beat Denver in week one.  Cincy and pitt have big weeks this week and next.  A win next week for cincy and we would have to royally crumble down the stretch in order to not make the playoffs.

Oh c'mon.  What was I supposed to say about the royal ass whuppin' you gave us.  There was nothing to say.  Outcoached, outplayed.  It was horrible to watch.  I give them more props now whuppin' up on the Ravens two games in a row over a beat down of my Bears who I realize have some serious holes.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Markus E. Realeus

Ok, Capt. what can I say? A team got crushed tonight, but, sadly, it wasn't the Steelers.
The Denver offense looks absolutely inept right now. Ugly, ugly game from Orton. Terrible decision making all night, and some really badly thrown balls.
Looks like the Mile High Curse is with us once again (start out strong, then hit the skids around game 7)
Oh well. Now we get to see how these boys handle adversity.
At least I'm not a Giants fan.
Those guys really suck.  :P
"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

ManNamedTruth

QuoteSo, when the Broncos crush the Steelers at home on Monday night, does that mean the Ravens are the best team in the AFC North, since they beat the Broncos?
Or, are the Bengels the best team, because they beat both Balitmore and Pitts, and only lost to Denver because of Divine Intervention?
Hmmm... either way, I think Pittsburgh is the 3rd best team in the AFC North, and the Broncos are going to win on Monday night.

The best team is whoever wins the Super Bowl.

People forget that Steelers have yet to play the Ravens and in two weeks from now will play the Bungals in Pittsburgh.[highlight] I really don't see Denver putting up points on our defense, BTW.
[/highlight]
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

Quote...and how is the Pittsburgh D overrated? They had a record setting year last year, and once again are 1st against the run this year, despite missing Polamalu and Aaron Smith for extended periods of time.

[/quote]
::) :P :D

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bear sin rug

Football is amazing. For some reason, all the momentum swung to the Steelers last night after Rothlisberger fumbled and Ayers went for 6. Pitt got the ball back and scored in 4 plays. Then Orton forgot he was an NFL QB.

Strange game but the Steelers were dominant in the 2nd half and the Broncs looked like they were suffering b/c of the altitude.

Asking for the playoffs this year may have been too much for the Broncs, but hopefully they keep it together. We'll see.
It's a bad idea