The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Quote:o :o :o

and Gay should have gotten a 15 yard penalty for kicking or tripping or whatever he was trying to do to stop Peterson while on his ass

Thanks, I didn't get to watch the game or any highlights yet. Clearly, we won! I know we lost, but that's all I'll be taking from that game.

The KC Game. Well, I have pictures of the trip soon, but the game was pretty fun. Once the rain came, or the Chargers had the game wrapped up everyone left. We we got to move up to the first row, so that was pretty sweet. One thing I did enjoy was their sports talk radio. It was refreshing to hear non-homer radio. They realize they aren't doing well, questioning everything about the coaching and players, and they let fans bitch on-air and not cut them off! It was awesome!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

QuoteHeaddy, you're not counting that win as a quality win, are you? You know, since you needed 2 defensive TDs to win (your rationale, not mine).

Wow, that was a fun game! The Bengals dominated every aspect from the opening kickoff. Great stuff. The atmosphere in the stadium was electric! We've got our two biggest games of the season after the bye.

Boy am I disappointed in the Bears.  They had been playing so well and looked strong against the Falcons.  I know back to back road games is never easy but wow did you guys look good!  I feel like we were horribly outcoached to go down so quickly.  Good game for the Bengals.

As for Benson, I probably watched at least 80% of the games he played with the Bears and he looked nothing like this.  Not that we ever had a great run blocking O-Line but he has slimmed down and has burst and one cut explosion that he never showed in Chicago.  Hell, I never saw him look this good in Texas where is YPC was never that great for a stud college back.  I don't know what he is taking but it is working for sure.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ManNamedTruth

and Gay should have gotten a 15 yard penalty for kicking or tripping or whatever he was trying to do to stop Peterson while on his ass

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_62tLlpZU[/media]

i don't think so :P
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

QuoteHeaddy, you're not counting that win as a quality win, are you? You know, since you needed 2 defensive TDs to win (your rationale, not mine).

Well, its too bad I never said anything about defensive TD's not being big, Ruckus did.

Keep trying, chief!

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Funny how we beat one of the best teams in the league, and you come and troll it up with the highlight of the day for the Vikes  ;D

Not 100% about this, but Im pretty sure tripping a runner with your legs is perfectly legal. I know its legal in college. And if it isnt, its not like they wouldnt have gotten the ball after a penalty where AD basically ended up

Sick play by AD though...best RB in the league like everyone didnt know that already. Very pleased how well we kept AD in check outside of 3 plays.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

As for Benson, I probably watched at least 80% of the games he played with the Bears and he looked nothing like this.  Not that we ever had a great run blocking O-Line but he has slimmed down and has burst and one cut explosion that he never showed in Chicago.  Hell, I never saw him look this good in Texas where is YPC was never that great for a stud college back.  I don't know what he is taking but it is working for sure.

Thats what I thought but I figured you'd have more insight as a Bears fan

Maybe he is on something, but I think getting in better shape and wanting to prove he can ball in the league is a big part of it

TEO

COLTS! 15 game winning streak is 5th best in league history... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

bear sin rug

Funny how we beat one of the best teams in the league, and you come and troll it up with the highlight of the day for the Vikes  ;D

Trust me, there is nothing troll like about that clip; that's one of the best open field ass kickings I have ever seen (ever!). Watch it again man, it's just brutal.

The fluke interception that followed was a gift to the steelers; the Vikes were on their way to the win.
It's a bad idea

bear sin rug

QuoteCOLTS! 15 game winning streak is 5th best in league history... :)

yeah, but they're easily the worst team to have a 15 game win streak
It's a bad idea

TEO

Yeah I know. Really does not take that much talent to put that string together...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

capt. scotty

QuoteCOLTS! 15 game winning streak is 5th best in league history... :)

Pretty sure its a 6 game winning streak. They lost to SD in the playoffs 7 games ago

That said, theyre looking tough so far this year

capt. scotty

Trust me, there is nothing troll like about that clip; that's one of the best open field ass kickings I have ever seen (ever!). Watch it again man, it's just brutal.

The fluke interception that followed was a gift to the steelers; the Vikes were on their way to the win.

Keep telling yourself that! Sorry you couldnt come here the last couple days and rip the Steelers since we didnt lose. I know you wanted to.

I even said AD trucking Willie Gay was a sweet play, but youre really reaching to say one of the best ever. Especially seeing as how AD weighs 27lbs more than Gay to begin with. Its not like he blew up LaMarr Woodley.

Its about that time you start preparing for the Steelers to take your Donkeys from teh ranks of the unbeaten  ;)

bear sin rug

Keep telling yourself that!

An innocent little pass that goes right through Taylor's hands and into Fox's "lap" (as Fox said). It was a fluke interception and that happens; no need to deny it was a fluke, is there? I mean, you guys won, right?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993IsDmF0SI[/media]
It's a bad idea

capt. scotty

Im not denying it was a lucky interception, I was wondering how you knew the Vikings were on their way to winning? Last time I checked they were down 3 points when that happened.

Some nice tackling skills exhibited by Farve not only on that return but Woodleys also  ;D

.Walt

So I'm trying to work out a trade in my money league.

I need a rb badly. But not as bad as he needs Wr's. He starts holt, berrian, and burleson.

He wants Moss, Driver, and Maroney for MJD and Witten. I think I'm giving up too much and making his team the best in our division.

Thoughts?  

aMillionDreams

Well, we know how Heady feels about Berrian....

I'd have to look at the rest of your team.  I wouldn't sweat giving up Maroney, there's no telling who's getting the ball in NE. Do you need a TE?  Will you be able to fill your WRs slots after giving up Moss and Driver?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

Yeah, I need a TE. Cooley's done for the year. I'd start Steve Smith (NYG), Miles Austin, and Wes Welker at the WR spot. And Keven Smith and MJD would be my Rb's. Now that I kind of said that out-loud I'm gonna do the trade.

aMillionDreams

Sounds like a good trade.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

QuoteYeah, I need a TE. Cooley's done for the year. I'd start Steve Smith (NYG), Miles Austin, and Wes Welker at the WR spot. And Keven Smith and MJD would be my Rb's. Now that I kind of said that out-loud I'm gonna do the trade.

I think that trade is pretty fair. Maroney is basically a throw in IMO.

If you havent done it yet, Id try to trade Austin instead of Driver. GB's OL is bad this year, which is why Jennings hasnt been the deep threat of years past. Driver's been running all the short routes and getting a ton of targets and receptions (and has been very consistent). I think Driver has a great shot and ending up with the best receiving stats on that team, and they got a great passing O.

MJD has been inconsistent, but is still Top 5 number wise I believe. I think hell become more reliable.

I dont see why Witten wont start to put up bigger numbers seeing as how dangerous Austin has been, teams cant keep letting Austin beat them like this. Another reason Id rather trade Austin too is because youre getting Witten. I dont like having 2 receivers from the same team (or at least that team).

capt. scotty

QuoteWell, we know how Heady feels about Berrian....

Well, like I said a couple of days ago, Sidney Rice is lighting up the league this year. He is now clearly their #1 wideout. Berrian was hands down their #1 WR preseason, with no perceived competition from an qausi-bust in Rice or a rook in Harvin. Rice is the 15th ranked WR in our league right now.

Even with Berrian struggling with injuries this year and missing time, there are only 4 WR's on the waiver wire with more points than him currently. There are 57 IDP's on the WW wire more points than Ware, who didnt even get a sack until 2 weeks ago.

The trade has thus far ended up being more fair than I expected, but it still made no sense strategically, which is what the 2nd paragraph pretty much proves.