The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI think Henne could make some things happen in Miami, but he needs some dependable receivers. He can't really count on anyone in Miami at this point.

I think we haven't had an exciting qb in a long time.  Pennington is a great qb but didn't have the threat of a deep ball.  Pennington was accurate and smart- he can teach Henne a lot if he stays on.  I think Henne will do well for the dolphins, I hope we hold on to him.  You're right though. Miami needs some dependable receivers capable of being offensive threats. Cam, Bess, and Hartline have stepped up but speedy Ginn has stone hands.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteHow did I miss the Joe Buck vs Artie Lang? Man, it got hot!!

part 1: http://freevlog.hu/video/21785.html
part 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9lome_bobsblitzcom-artie-lange-joe-buck-p_fun

Yeah, that shit was pure classic  ;D

One of the funniest things, maybe the funniest, that Ive ever seen on live TV. It honestly deserves its own thread almost.

I was actually going to post it awhile ago but it happened around the time I was getting a lot of heat in the forum so I figured it would be best to hold back and not post so as not to offend any Joe Buck fans. Then again, Im pretty sure nobody likes that guy.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

AFC North Champions!  8-)

I got to see today's game in person.  Great atmosphere!  Touching tributes to Chris Henry throughout the day.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

TEO

The one game we pick to go see and they rest their starters and get beat!  >:(
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Ruckus

Thanks you Colts and TEO!  Clearly the players were pissed but who knows, maybe the Jets win even with the starters in.  Just sayin'  I only ask that the Bengals do the same.  I got tix for the the last game at the Meadowlands next SUNDAY NIGHT!  Win and in baby!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

QuoteAFC North Champions!  8-)

I got to see today's game in person.  Great atmosphere!  Touching tributes to Chris Henry throughout the day.

Congratulations to the Bengals.  Great to see them make it.

aMillionDreams

QuoteThanks you Colts and TEO!  Clearly the players were pissed but who knows, maybe the Jets win even with the starters in.  Just sayin'  I only ask that the Bengals do the same.  I got tix for the the last game at the Meadowlands next SUNDAY NIGHT!  Win and in baby!

Good news for you, the game Sunday against the Jets has been rescheduled for Sunday night and will be nationally televised on NBC at 8:30 pm. This means we will already know what the Patriots have done earlier in the day. If N.E. wins then there is no reason for us to play our starters as far as the playoffs go. Of course anyone who watched the game yesterday surely feels we need to get the offense straightened out before the playoffs.

capt. scotty

bungals will probably rest their starters just so the Jets make it over the Steelers  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

Peeps are still bitching their heads off around here and rightfully so! EVERYBODY remembers the '72 Dolphins...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

AMightyCaporal

I have faith... we just need the jags, jets, ravens, and texans to lose... oh and we have to beat the steelers!

in other news, I'm in the championship game for fantasy football thanks to a 6 game win streak... looking for lucky number 7! (Favre actually put up 20 fantasy points and I didn't start him... we're doing this routine again  Brett?)
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

aMillionDreams

How does the entire AFC North get snubbed from the Pro Bowl?  Ochocinco should be in if no one else! I hope this is a wakeup call to the Bengals, we won't get any respect until we make some noise in the postseason.

capt. scotty

QuoteHow does the entire AFC North get snubbed from the Pro Bowl?  Ochocinco should be in if no one else! I hope this is a wakeup call to the Bengals, we won't get any respect until we make some noise in the postseason.

Im assuming you mean just the bungals because the AFC North as a division had 9 players

IMO:
-Benson shouldve made it over MJD
-The AFC QBs are probably right, but Schaub and Roethlisberger also had great season and I think either could replace Brady
-Surprised Jairus Byrd made it over Brandon Meriweather and Bernard Pollard
-Cant believe DeMeco Ryans made it over David Harris, DJ Williams, and Paul Posluszny at ILB
-Not sure who to replace Mario Williams with, but he had a mediocre season and I dont think deserved his nod
-I think they picked the right 4 WRs in the AFC. Ocho or Vincent Jax had great seasons, but werent as dominant as Marshall, Wayne, AJ, or Welker.
-I dont see as many NFC games, so the only things that really stood out to me were Witten making it over Celek, DeAngelo W making it over Grant and Gore, London Fletcher not making it (and Orakpo on his own team does), and although I think Sidney Rice and Miles Austin both have more skill, I think Steve Smith (NYG) deserved a spot

Demeco Ryans and Mario Williams seem like the only real head scratchers though

AMightyCaporal

QuoteHow does the entire AFC North get snubbed from the Pro Bowl?  Ochocinco should be in if no one else! I hope this is a wakeup call to the Bengals, we won't get any respect until we make some noise in the postseason.

Im assuming you mean just the bungals because the AFC North as a division had 9 players

IMO:
-Benson shouldve made it over MJD
-The AFC QBs are probably right, but Schaub and Roethlisberger also had great season and I think either could replace Brady
-Surprised Jairus Byrd made it over Brandon Meriweather and Bernard Pollard
-Cant believe DeMeco Ryans made it over David Harris, DJ Williams, and Paul Posluszny at ILB
-Not sure who to replace Mario Williams with, but he had a mediocre season and I dont think deserved his nod
-I think they picked the right 4 WRs in the AFC. Ocho or Vincent Jax had great seasons, but werent as dominant as Marshall, Wayne, AJ, or Welker.
-I dont see as many NFC games, so the only things that really stood out to me were Witten making it over Celek, DeAngelo W making it over Grant and Gore, London Fletcher not making it (and Orakpo on his own team does), and although I think Sidney Rice and Miles Austin both have more skill, I think Steve Smith (NYG) deserved a spot

Demeco Ryans and Mario Williams seem like the only real head scratchers though

shit yo! where's the love for ricky williams?

Murph

I was at the Jets game last night, the Meadowlands was fucking rockingg!! :D

Cant wait to see the Bengals in the playoffs...whooooo

capt. scotty

Im sure the bungals werent exactly giving it 100% last night, and didnt have all their starters playing, but Id be worried if I was a Cincy fan. I thought Houston wouldve been tougher than NYJ, but who knows.

Same goes for the Eagles...they got owned yesterday

ManNamedTruth

so 3 of the wild card games are teams that played each other in week 17, that's weird.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

QuoteI was at the Jets game last night, the Meadowlands was fucking rockingg!! :D

Cant wait to see the Bengals in the playoffs...whooooo

Yeah, I was too.  Man it was so cold it reminded me of December games in Soldier and Champaign.  Of course I managed to watch a fracas develop.  The problem with a no alcohol policy at games is that people more than make up for it before they go in ::)

It really was rockin' but I wished that it was a better game.  I had to drive back to B'more so I left midway through the 4th.  Something I usually never do.

Let's go JETS!  Is Cinci just gonna flip the switch next week?  Ocho now has the knee excuse to get off of Revis Island.

capt. scotty

Id be a little worried if I was Cincy...Benson has pretty much carried that offense this year, and Im not so sure he'll find room to run against that D.

If they contain TJ and Greene though, not so sure about Sanchez winning that game for you either

Ruckus

Where's AMD?  I need to talk some junk with a true  Bengals fan!  1st off, I can't believe how frickin' cheap Bengals tickets are.  There are 50 yd line lower level seats available for their first home playoff game in how long, for under 150 bucks.  There are upper level around the fifty for under 50 bucks a pop! :o

As for Sanchez, I have confidence in him.  I have to.  The way that Jets O LIne is playing though, if the Bengals decide to stack the box with 8 or 9, I think it just may lead to more big plays out of the running game.  I'm not sure the Bengals will be able to move the ball on the Jets but we will be good for a turnover or two.

Looks like a 16-9 type game with special teams making a difference.