The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

Hey, it's playoff time.  This shit is serious.  I just got a ticket to the game. WHO DEY!?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ManNamedTruth

QuoteFACT #1  No man, woman, or child can cover 85!
They used help last week on Ochocinco.  If they leave him single-covered and he's healthy, it's over.

FACT #2 The Bengals would have won that Wild Card game against Pittsburgh if Carson doesn't get injury by what would now be considered an illegal hit.  It's not that big of a stretch to assume they could have also beaten every team the stealers did since we were better than you guys with Carson.

FACT #3 FUCK pittsburgh!

FACT #4 Bengals fans are all the same, Stop living in the past! Maybe one day time travel will be possible so you can assassinate Kimo Von Oelhoffen.  That's really the only way to know for sure.

FACT #5 Fuck the Bengals and AMD

Here comes True with the personal attacks again.  Try and keep it above the belt, True.  I know it's hard for you all to play clean and find a way to win.  As I've explained to you before, I have nothing against you, personally, I only hate your shitty ass town.

And if you want to stop living in the past then you all can stop mentioning the Super Bowl teams that played before you were born and I'll stop talking about Kimo Von Oelhoffen and then we can focus our attention on the present in which my team is in the playoffs and yours isn't, largely due to the fact that the Bengals beat the stealers twice this season.   8-)

Well i'm not just gonna sit here and be quiet while you call my city a shitty ass town! I know you aren't deliberately trying to attack me but ignorance is a pet peeve of mine. Pittsburgh has it's flaws and there are things that piss me off about it, but there's lots great things too that you'll never know because of your ignorance and preconceived notions toward the city and hatred for a sports team.
I've noticed you only talk shit when the Bengals are winning, witch has only been like twice in the last 20 years. I realize this must be hard to contain yourself during times like these! It won't last long though, so cherish it while you can. Take note of how I talk shit, cause I keep it respectful. Thats just how i roll.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

QuoteHey, it's playoff time.  This shit is serious.  I just got a ticket to the game. WHO DEY!?

Ohh damn!!!!  Have an awesome time man!  I know it's hard to enjoy a loss but at least it's a playoff loss.

I can't wait.  14 hours to go
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Whats everyone's picks for the weekend? I'll take:

Philly +4
Jets +3
Ravens +3.5
Packers -2

Packers are really the only team Im confident will win this weekend though, and theyre my pick for the super bowl from the NFC...

I expect the other 2 games to all be very good and close, and basically a pick'em, which is why I'll take the points. If NE had Welker I'd take them, but no Welker has me thinking they lose this one.

I dont see Dallas rolling again over Philly, and considering (esp. after winning like that last weekend) all the pressure is on them, I wouldnt be surprised if they choke and lose. Dallas probably pulls it out in a close one though.

Jets wont win like last week, but I dont think that was a complete aberration either. I think cincy's been thru too much this year and doesnt have enough left to pull this one out.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteWhats everyone's picks for the weekend? I'll take:

Philly +4
Jets +3
Ravens +3.5
Packers -2

Packers are really the only team Im confident will win this weekend though, and theyre my pick for the super bowl from the NFC...

I expect the other 2 games to all be very good and close, and basically a pick'em, which is why I'll take the points. If NE had Welker I'd take them, but no Welker has me thinking they lose this one.

I dont see Dallas rolling again over Philly, and considering (esp. after winning like that last weekend) all the pressure is on them, I wouldnt be surprised if they choke and lose. Dallas probably pulls it out in a close one though.

Jets wont win like last week, but I dont think that was a complete aberration either. I think cincy's been thru too much this year and doesnt have enough left to pull this one out.

I agree with all 4 or your picks.

Ruckus

QuoteHey, it's playoff time.  This shit is serious.  I just got a ticket to the game. WHO DEY!?

I just saw the stadium.  It's empty.  I'm sorry Walmart was out of handwarmers so you had to take a detour to KMart AMD.  Don't worry.  It won't be that cold.  Hurry up and get to the stadium already.  The Bungles need ya!

capt. scotty

Just entered a free postseason contest, top 6 finishers get $$$ with first place getting $1,000. Im sure there are at least a few thousand entries though, so should be basically impossible to win.

Anyways, rules are the top 2 point getters for your team each week for the first 3 rounds count as your point total. Points dont carry over week to week. For the super bowl, all players playing count towards your point total and highest 6 point total teams in the super bowl get paid. They cut it down to 4000 entries after this week, then 2000, then 1000 for the super bowl. No position requirements for roster, but has a $250 salary cap. Normal scoring, although PPR is 0.5pts/RB, 1pt/WR, 1.5pts/TE. I went with:

QB - Aaron Rodgers - GB - $30
QB - Peyton Manning - IND - $29
QB - Philip Rivers - SD - $28
QB - Tony Romo - DAL - $26
RB - Thomas Jones - NYJ - $14
RB - Chris Wells - ARI - $10
RB - Felix Jones - DAL - $8
WR - Vincent Jackson - SD - $21
WR - Greg Jennings - GB - $16
TE - Dallas Clark - IND - $26
TE - Antonio Gates - SD - $24
TE - Jermichael Finley - GB - $17

I figure for me to have any shot, I need GB to play in the super bowl (vs SD or Indy). I also figured having 2 of the marquee QBs that are playing this weekend gives you an advantage for this week when it should be hardest to advance with all entries still viable. I expect Rodgers and Romo to be my 2 "point players" this week, but if not I think TJones, Beanie, FJones, Jennings, and Finley are all decent options. I was split between going for Wayne or VJax, but ended up going VJax because I favor them to go to the super bowl over Indy and if NYJ wins I think its more likely they play Indy (and Revis on Wayne)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

[size=14]J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets![/size]
There's always next season, AMD.

capt. scotty

The Sanchise has arrived!

Patsies getting slobberknocked right now. Love it.

capt. scotty

Well, my chances of winning a grand are gone, but that GB-Zona game finished off a weekend of unexciting games with an awesome one.

Dallas-Arizona in the NFC championship?!

Ruckus

I think Donovan McNabb is retarded.  Once he did his stupid dance and hump of the glass wall before the game, I knew the Eagles were screwed.  The Cowboys continue to make me eat my words.  They look good and next week a the Minny should be a dandy.

The Jets looked good but I know they were playing a Bengals team that had peaked too early.  The fresh legs of Shonn Greene might be our biggest advantage going into next week.  Braylon Edwards is a travesty.

What can you say about the Ravens?  They dominated.  Made Brady look pretty pathetic.

Of course you can say what if Rackers had made the field goal and what if Rodgers put enough air under the ball to Jennings in overtime.  I don't care.  There was still a penalty on the final play of the game.

Ruckus

The ole ladyfriend has promised me tickets at the Meadowlands in two weeks if the Jets and Ravens pull off the unthinkable next weekend. :)

.Walt

QuoteI think Donovan McNabb is retarded.  Once he did his stupid dance and hump of the glass wall before the game, I knew the Eagles were screwed.  The Cowboys continue to make me eat my words.  They look good and next week a the Minny should be a dandy.

Our sports radio station wondered what the buzz was in Dallas, so they started playing the Dallas radio station. It's hard to explain, but it was pretty funny how our guys were ripping on the homers of Dallas.

Should be a good game, but after we got our hearts broken in 98 it's still tough to be 100% confident.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI think Donovan McNabb is retarded.  Once he did his stupid dance and hump of the glass wall before the game, I knew the Eagles were screwed.  The Cowboys continue to make me eat my words.  They look good and next week a the Minny should be a dandy.

Our sports radio station wondered what the buzz was in Dallas, so they started playing the Dallas radio station. It's hard to explain, but it was pretty funny how our guys were ripping on the homers of Dallas.

Should be a good game, but after we got our hearts broken in 98 it's still tough to be 100% confident.

Damn, those gals are pretty upset eh?
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Crispy

Damn, those gals are pretty upset eh?
No kidding -- I could easily be talked into helping soothe their poor, tortured Viking souls...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

TEO

After the Colts destroyed the very core and fiber of what true NFL FOOTBALL is by throwing away the Jets game (I wonder what the '53 team would have done if the coaching staff would have said this one really doesn't matter, it's ok if we lose? Probably would have rightfully punched them out and done whatever they wanted.) I hope the Ravens open up a can of whup ass on them...  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

.Walt

QuoteAfter the Colts destroyed the very core and fiber of what true NFL FOOTBALL is by throwing away the Jets game (I wonder what the '53 team would have done if the coaching staff would have said this one really doesn't matter, it's ok if we lose? Probably would have rightfully punched them out and done whatever they wanted.) I hope the Ravens open up a can of whup ass on them...  

I take it Colts fans weren't happy about the way the regular season ended. I would've been disappointed too. You're right about true NFL football, but keep the eyes on the prize!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ManNamedTruth

QuoteAfter the Colts destroyed the very core and fiber of what true NFL FOOTBALL is by throwing away the Jets game (I wonder what the '53 team would have done if the coaching staff would have said this one really doesn't matter, it's ok if we lose? Probably would have rightfully punched them out and done whatever they wanted.) I hope the Ravens open up a can of whup ass on them...  

I agree with that and would be mad too, but I wouldn't stop supporting my team over it.
I hate the Ravens, I hope Indy beats them.

aMillionDreams

I root for the Colts when they're not playing Cincy but I also hope they get beat now just because I don't like the precedent it would set.  If they get knocked out in the first round it will be another reason why resting your starters is a bad idea.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

This is my favorite weekend in the NFL.  You still have two games Saturday and two Sunday.  Winners get to play in the Conference Championship.   Loving these matchups.  NFC especially.  Warner is truly amazing.  Hall of Fame LOCK after last weekend.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.