The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

I just came to the realization that it's (so far) impossible to have two timelines since in the "corrected" world the island is underwater, but its clear that in the "uncorrected world" the island isn't.

Perhaps they're all "desmonds" now?

If they didn't correct, then if they left, the island must "free" them
I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

Also, I hereby state my new hypothesis (which will probably be wrong and is overly analytical)

Richard's "chains" were his duty to the island, similar to Michael's. His duty was to protect Jacob, and now that Jacob is dead, Richard is now mortal.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteAlso, I hereby state my new hypothesis (which will probably be wrong and is overly analytical)

Richard's "chains" were his duty to the island, similar to Michael's. His duty was to protect Jacob, and now that Jacob is dead, Richard is now mortal.

good theory. Upon second viewing I noticed that hurleys shirt is the same color as the clothes that the temple "others" are, as well as the plants in the temple are.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

Also, the conversation they are going to have with Jack is going to deal with his father.

el_chode

QuoteAlso, the conversation they are going to have with Jack is going to deal with his father.

That's what I thought too. We'll find out why he's so special (Christian, that is)

I also have this nagging suspicion that Claire actually died the first time she ran off with Ethan and remained an apparition thereafter, or something similar. That's why she could see Christian.

Jbones72

something i may have missed along the way... it's strange how suprised richard & ben are at that locke is really smokey locke. didn't or shouldn't they have know all along that could take other forms? i mean ben saw him become alex right in front of him at the temple when he had to be judged right?

sweatboard

I'm not a fan of the two story lines.  Either the H-bomb worked or it didn't.  I know they wanted to make everyone happy, but it's just lame to me.  I am interested in how they will reconcile two different realities coming together to tell one truth.
There's Still Time.........

el_chode

QuoteI'm not a fan of the two story lines.  Either the H-bomb worked or it didn't.  I know they wanted to make everyone happy, but it's just lame to me.  I am interested in how they will reconcile two different realities coming together to tell one truth.

I think whether or not I like this season/series will hinge on this very fact as well. I am fully prepared to be extremely disappointed in the finale.

The only consolation I have is that they've made a decent effort to avoid the kitschy type things or obvious answers. I doubt there's going to be a wormhole that the island went through and allowed two timelines.

the_wizzard

QuoteI just came to the realization that it's (so far) impossible to have two timelines since in the "corrected" world the island is underwater, but its clear that in the "uncorrected world" the island isn't.

I really am not sure how they will rectify the 2 timelines, but Damon and Carlton are calling them side-flashes.  Since we have had flashbacks and flashforwards, one can only assume that the 2 timelines are somewhat tandem.  But....how does that explain that flight 815 was in 2004 and they are all now in 2007 on the island?

sweatboard

Isn't it still 1977 on the island

el_chode

QuoteI just came to the realization that it's (so far) impossible to have two timelines since in the "corrected" world the island is underwater, but its clear that in the "uncorrected world" the island isn't.

I really am not sure how they will rectify the 2 timelines, but Damon and Carlton are calling them side-flashes.  Since we have had flashbacks and flashforwards, one can only assume that the 2 timelines are somewhat tandem.  But....how does that explain that flight 815 was in 2004 and they are all now in 2007 on the island?

1) I did not know they were called side flashes, and that is very interesting
2) Which is why your second point is even more interesting. I must meditate on this one because it is a very interesting point.

How do we know it is 2007 on the island? I thought it was just after the hatch explodes a few weeks after they arrived

the_wizzard

How do we know it is 2007 on the island? I thought it was just after the hatch explodes a few weeks after they arrived

Hurley saw and spoke with Jacob, who said he had been dead for an hour.  Flocke and crew are in 2007 (3 years off island)....

the_wizzard

QuoteIsn't it still 1977 on the island
No, the bomb bumped them through time, and things are different since 1977 (which somehow would explain how Hurley feels he is lucky, instead of cursed in the alternate timeline).  2 dimensions at work here, imo, but in a weird way.  I have no idea where this ride is taking us, but I know we will still get answers and new questions every week  :o

Jbones72

they are having another pop-up episode next week @ 8, lax part 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-1qzelSWpE

mjkoehler

Excellent episode

confusing but excellent

el_chode

i didn't like it. it didn't do much until the last 5 mins

also, was Mac really in the show before?

sweatboard

The pill was green, another Alice In Wonderland refrence?  Is the pill supposed to make it impossible for Jacob to inhabit Syid's body.  I'm convinced more and more that Jacob isn't any better than the man in black.  Mabey the fireworks weren't supposed to signal something bad but something good.  

bold99

Quotei didn't like it. it didn't do much until the last 5 mins

also, was Mac really in the show before?

yes Mac was Aldo on a previous episode..there is an extra on the Sunny DVD's where the producers of Lost introduce them at Comic Con in San Diego and talk about bringing Aldo back.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

dcdub

Ethan is Claire's doctor, thats creepy. So if Jacob possessed (or whatever) Sayid, and the Smoke Monster possessed Locke, then who is using Claire's body? Dogen told Jack that whatever is happening to Sayid is the same thing that happened to Claire right? I'm starting to think this whole series is just going to turn out to be a major freaking mind job, I love it though.

ps- I'm new to the board and I think its awesome you guys started a Lost thread, mmj fans are the coolest
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteEthan is Claire's doctor, thats creepy. So if Jacob possessed (or whatever) Sayid, and the Smoke Monster possessed Locke, then who is using Claire's body? Dogen told Jack that whatever is happening to Sayid is the same thing that happened to Claire right? I'm starting to think this whole series is just going to turn out to be a major freaking mind job, I love it though.

ps- I'm new to the board and I think its awesome you guys started a Lost thread, mmj fans are the coolest

You're welcome.  8-)

Just kiddin'. Welcome to the boards, MMJ fans ARE the coolest.