The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteIs Jacob "inside" Sayid now, like the other dude is inside Locke?  (Smock/UN-Locke)

If so, then why did the people in the temple try to poison Sayid? I thought they were at the very least allied with Jacob more so than MIB.

If Locke/Smoke Monster/Man in Black is the bad guy (black) and Jacob is now Sayid/Good Guy/White then what if:

The people are in the temple are bad guys on the "black" side and they wanted to kill Sayid with the poison.  However, for same unknown reason that Evil Locke (MIB) had to have Ben kill jacob, the guys in the temple had to have Jack kill Sayid?   As if the only way to kill the good and evil respective leaders is to trick someone that is close to them to do it.  Or some shit like that.  My head hurts.
uh huh. It's just better to drink while watching.

dcdub

I think tonights episode is going to clear up a lot of things for us.... Just kidding!

I still dont think its Jacob inside Sayid. The people at the temple must be on Jacob's side because they are trying to defend themselves from the smoke monster. Also we know Richard took Ben as a child to the temple to be healed, obviously they are both on Jacob's side.

Is it possible that Christian was brought back to life at the temple?
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

el_chode

Patience is wearing thin...the teaser for next week better not be lying.

It's not that I want "big questions" answered...I just want more of a clue as to what the hell is going on right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jack's son sort of throws off the whole "it worked" theory since it creates a reality where things are different BEFORE Oceanic, no? Or did we just not know Jack had a kid? Setting off the nuke wouldn't just give Jack a teenager all of a sudden.

But yeah, either way, I don't care about new characters or a new location. I just want some goddamn context.
I'm surrounded by assholes

dcdub

QuotePatience is wearing thin...the teaser for next week better not be lying.

It's not that I want "big questions" answered...I just want more of a clue as to what the hell is going on right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jack's son sort of throws off the whole "it worked" theory since it creates a reality where things are different BEFORE Oceanic, no? Or did we just not know Jack had a kid? Setting off the nuke wouldn't just give Jack a teenager all of a sudden.

But yeah, either way, I don't care about new characters or a new location. I just want some goddamn context.

jesus, dont tell me there's going to be another timeline they keep flashing to

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I think these episodes are the recruitment episodes for each side.

evil locke is manipulating the hell out of so many people right now.

he's got Claire, Sawyer, and now Jin.  There is no doubt in my mind that evil locke is going to use Jin to get to Sun which would possibly equal = Kwon.  

I've been wondering if Hurley's vision of Jacob isn't Jacob at all.  Jack destroyed the mirrors.  Breaking a magical mirror seems strange, and it's kind of dumb they just now revealed the huge lighthouse, but other than getting them out of the temple I don't understand what it accomplished.  

I really could give a fuck that jack has a kid, it's kinda like "well what character is the mom?".   Desmond still has to come back into play since "the island isn't done with him yet".    

kydiddle

Exactly. Obviously, the split to this other reality (Jack has a teenage son, Locke is optimistic, Hurley has tons of good luck) happened well before the Oceanic flight. I want to know how that happened...ugh!...and that's when I get irritated with the show. However, I'm still incredibly devoted, because they have always made up for it in the past. I'm hoping the end of the series will be "wow" and not "meh".
Cow temperature.

dcdub

The bomb went off in 1977 so I guess it changed things from that point on. Jacob would have never met any of them and pushed their lives in a certain direction. I agree about the lighthouse being kinda dumb, how the hell did they never see it before? I guess we can expect smokey to kick some ass at the temple shortly

el_chode

QuoteThe bomb went off in 1977 so I guess it changed things from that point on. Jacob would have never met any of them and pushed their lives in a certain direction. I agree about the lighthouse being kinda dumb, how the hell did they never see it before? I guess we can expect smokey to kick some ass at the temple shortly

I guess that's a good point...if the bomb went off in '77 it sort of set things in motion for things to change well be for Jack ever had a kid to begin with...timelines were altered as early as '77. Conversely, as Miles put it, everything should still be "Linear", so if it makes sense, this is still after everything I guess.

AMightyCaporal

this thread needs to be removed... I started reading it not realizing which one I was reading... I looked at the title and panicked!  If ya'll could just stop talking about it until I catch up, that would be great
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

dcdub

I'm surprised none of us picked up on the fact that the names of the candidates are paired with the numbers 4,8,15,16,23,and 42. Did anyone catch a good shot of the names and numbers in the Lighthouse and notice they were the same?

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI'm surprised none of us picked up on the fact that the names of the candidates are paired with the numbers 4,8,15,16,23,and 42. Did anyone catch a good shot of the names and numbers in the Lighthouse and notice they were the same?

they were.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

el_chode

QuoteI'm surprised none of us picked up on the fact that the names of the candidates are paired with the numbers 4,8,15,16,23,and 42. Did anyone catch a good shot of the names and numbers in the Lighthouse and notice they were the same?

they were.

They all add up to 108 as well, I believe, which is also the bearing that Daniel said the choppa had to follow to get on/off the island.

Ghosts_on_TV

they were.

They all add up to 108 as well, I believe, which is also the bearing that Daniel said the choppa had to follow to get on/off the island.

Also the degree that Jacob told Hurley to turn the lighthouse mirror to.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

To tie MMJ into lost.  If the writers are as awesome as I think they are they will play Smokin From Shootin as the credits roll on the final episode.  What song would you guys pick to play during the final credits MMJ or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVI4d7Gvno&feature=related

Have you had enough excitement now
more than you ever did
You never wanted to be treated like a woman
You maintained you was just a kid

Well at least you were of age my dear
these days kids they grow so fast
You never wanted to be committed to the present
You're too busy believing in the past, oh

Who then was your savior
Who then was your friend
Who is now committed to the present
Is it someone that exists

What is life in God?
A perfect vision of the self?
I always thought we was dealing with one thing
Now we are dealing with something else, oh

Do you see my smoking guns?
they're smoking from a shootin'
smoking from shootin'
smokin' from shootin at nothing here

Do you live your life on the road?
Yeah loosing that I'm loving
Asking for nothing
Runnin' from something that isn't there, oh
There's Still Time.........

el_chode

dcdub

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKmZRO8XzyY[/media]

ha! I figured out how to do it! Way to go newb!

sweatboard

Ha, those are both highly awesome.  

sweatboard

el_chode

dcdub

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwCt0YQPn7g[/media]
What's going on, indeed
Best song ever