Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 21, 2011, 11:07 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 20, 2011, 01:56 AM
Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 19, 2011, 08:57 PM
Dear Ruckus, 

Chelsea - Everton 1-1 (Pen 4-5) - Leighton Baines AMAZING Free Kick Goal

:-*
:-*
;D ;D ;D

I don't even remember responding to this which is probably a good thing because I celebrated it all over again on Sunday.  I guess the the Truckers show did a number on me Saturday night.  I had DVRd the match planning on watching it on Sunday.  Well the DVR recording extension still wasn't long enough.  Boy was I pissed when I watched for almost a hundred minutes and it got cut off.  I ended up seeing it on highlights.  YOWZA!

Timmy Howard!!!  What can you say?  He is the reason we may still have something to show for this season here in the FA cup.

Fellaini was offsides on the play in question as well.

Haha.  Ya know, I alllllmost put spoiler warning above it, just in case.   I have a buddy who would probably shank me for something like that.   ;D

ynwa

been wantin' to say "congrats!" to ya ruckus.  what a sweet win  :beer: 

leighton baines' free kick was glorious(sung in falsetto)!!!  gotta question cech's postioning, i mean, where else was a left-footer gonna put that?  regardless, when it came down to penalties i had a feeling everton was gonna pull it off.  big tim howard did come up big.  and how about johnny heittinga's contributionzzzz???  absolutely fantastic pk & then the ole psych out tactics when he bumped into ashley cole on cole's walk up to the spot. 

is it strange that a liverpool fan wanted, soooo badly, for everton to win?  i even sat up straight and did the "YEEEAAAHHH!" fist shake  ;D
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Ruckus

Hey thanks rooting for us ynwa. ;D  I guess it's like a UNC fan rooting for Wake Forest to beat Duke.  I see what you're saying with Cech but Arteta was standing over the ball too so...either way, it just froze him.  It was a perfect strike.

I love this one from some dude in the crowd.

Leighton Baines 119th Minute Freekick Vs Chelsea

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ynwa

haha, that's an awesome vid!  someone was psyched  ;D. dunno, from that spot on the pitch, it definitely favored a left footer. and baines sure has a sweet one of them.  what a goal, the drama of the timing etc.  and the crowd going berzerk.... goosebumps.

don' follow college hoops so your analogy is over my head. only reason i know it's b-ball is cuz i was a duke "fan" when in high shool. cuz christian latner was a fox.  i have an uneducated guess, but i'll google around to figure it out.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ANYONE!  did you hear about gattuso's 3 match ban?  i think that's in add. of the yellow card accum.1 match ban. what a hot- head, for chrissakes. any predictions on who will win?  i hope it's either arsenal or barca, more so arsenal tho.  chelsea looked good today, actually, maybe it was more that copenhagen was poor.  anelka looked good & there seemed to be some good linking play between the front 3.  i do think once torres gets his 1st for chelsea, he could turn the corner.  and im afraid yet excited of what he may do from playing w/ & learning from the likes of drogba, anelka & malouda.  man utd will always be strong in this competition.  and especially if rooney has turned the corner on his season.  milan can be dangerous, ibra & cassano seem to have a good understanding.  real madrid? not sure if they won today yet....

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Ruckus

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 17, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'd say that match lived up to the hype!  Robin van Persie is having quite a run of late.  How did he score at that almost impossible angle?

I will say, I feel Arsenal were fortunate to come away with the win yesterday as Messi missed on several opportunities he usually finishes.

This tie is far from over as I think Barca has the potential to possibly win going away in their second leg match at Camp Nou.  But I would love to see Arsenal stick it to Messi and company.

Ohhh Baby!!!!  Here we go!  I'll be at work all day and I hope I can avoid results until tomorrow night.  I agree with you Beer after having seen the highlights/replay that the Gunners were fortunate to come away with a win.  Having conceded one away goal though, I'm thinking they are going to need at least two tomorrow.  Sounds like Van Persie and Fabregas will be a go right now and no Puyol and Pique means the potential for the shootout we crave!

kydiddle

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 07, 2011, 11:19 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 17, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'd say that match lived up to the hype!  Robin van Persie is having quite a run of late.  How did he score at that almost impossible angle?

I will say, I feel Arsenal were fortunate to come away with the win yesterday as Messi missed on several opportunities he usually finishes.

This tie is far from over as I think Barca has the potential to possibly win going away in their second leg match at Camp Nou.  But I would love to see Arsenal stick it to Messi and company.

Ohhh Baby!!!!  Here we go!  I'll be at work all day and I hope I can avoid results until tomorrow night.  I agree with you Beer after having seen the highlights/replay that the Gunners were fortunate to come away with a win.  Having conceded one away goal though, I'm thinking they are going to need at least two tomorrow.  Sounds like Van Persie and Fabregas will be a go right now and no Puyol and Pique means the potential for the shootout we crave!

*grumble grumble*
Cow temperature.

Ruckus

Hey ILB!  Go Gunners!  I am missing a disc golf outing to watch this game live so that I don't miss college basketball later instead of dvr'ing this match.  Ah the difficult decisions in life.  Here we go!

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 12, 2011, 12:17 PM
Hey ILB!  Go Gunners!  I am missing a disc golf outing to watch this game live so that I don't miss college basketball later instead of dvr'ing this match.  Ah the difficult decisions in life.  Here we go!

Glory Glory Man United!  8)

Ruckus

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Mar 12, 2011, 03:22 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 12, 2011, 12:17 PM

Glory Glory Man United!  8)
Dude!  Their first goal was glorious!  Every single pass and movement on that counter was brilliant.  Gotta reluctantly give it up. :beer:

Ruckus

Considering the form that Argentina was in coming into the friendly with the US, Americans should be ecstatic with the 1-1 draw.  Unfortunately, the fortuitous result and Howard's magnificent keeping were the only two positives I could find in an otherwise sloppily played match by the US.  They were lucky they didn't concede 3 in the 1st half alone.
The switch to Agudela over Jones was clearly beneficial from a formation perspective but the announcers were a little too ecstatic over the very mediocre performance by agudela except for him bangin in the rebound equalizer.
Timmy Chandler is funny looking :-X

iLikeBeer

Don't forget, Agudela is only 18!   8)

Tim Howard is freaking awesome too BTW! 

Ruckus

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Mar 28, 2011, 05:48 PM

You don't have to remind me of Howard. ;D  I'm biased as I watch him play more frequently than other keepers but his in the upper echelon of keepers now.  In fact I can't think of 5 I'd rather have.

That was my first time seeing Agudela play and he seems to have the killer instinct and lacks any fear of failure.  On the other hand, there was once great hype about another 18 year old striker who actually played the entire game on Saturday though you wouldn't have known it by watching.  I think it may be time the Altidore experiment ends.  He continues to show me nothing so in that regard, it's great that we have an Agudela in development.

I've also been done with Gooch for a few years now.  I just don't see what everyone else sees in him.  I think his performance against Argentina should have been the capper that perhaps we need to seriously consider other options in central defense.

kydiddle

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Mar 28, 2011, 05:48 PM

Tim Howard is the only reason that game on Saturday was not 5-1. He's a freaking maniac. It seemed that on every pass, the USA team stood there, waiting for the ball to come to them. No aggression whatsoever. They need to get their shit together because it was a sad display. The Agudelo goal in the 2nd half made up for it.
Cow temperature.

Ruckus

Barca/Man. U. - July 30 - Fed Ex field
U coming Ky?  Oh yeah, u got that Red Rocks thing

toretm

Whooaaa why am I just now finding this thread!?? Love this :thumbsup: Anyone catch the Chelsea 0 - 1 Man U match on Monday!? Terry played a dick and Rooney pulls out the only goal in the first half. Looks like United has the league quarter final.

Ruckus

Quote from: toretm on Apr 07, 2011, 09:29 PM
Whooaaa why am I just now finding this thread!?? Love this :thumbsup: Anyone catch the Chelsea 0 - 1 Man U match on Monday!? Terry played a dick and Rooney pulls out the only goal in the first half. Looks like United has the league quarter final.
I did see the match toretm.  Chelsea actually looked alright but blew a great opportunity when Ramirez missed that open header on the cross from Drogba.  Wonderful save by Van der Saar on the header from the otherwise non-existent Torres late in the match as well.  Good goal by United.  Giggs CONTINUES to play like he's not 80 years old :o

If I had my way, they should both be knocked out for no other reason than just being Man U. and Chelsea :P

MarkW

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 08, 2011, 10:01 AM
If I had my way, they should both be knocked out for no other reason than just being Man U. and Chelsea :P

Word
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Ruckus

Anyone see City/ManU in the FA Cup semi or yesterday's Liverpool/Arsenal's ridiculous finish with two penalties given in injury time to end 1-1?!

mjk73

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 18, 2011, 05:52 PM
Anyone see City/ManU in the FA Cup semi or yesterday's Liverpool/Arsenal's ridiculous finish with two penalties given in injury time to end 1-1?!
I wish. My cable provider doesn't have the Fox channel. bastards.

Ruckus

Quote from: Darklands on Apr 18, 2011, 10:49 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 18, 2011, 05:52 PM
I wish. My cable provider doesn't have the Fox channel. bastards.
The Liverpool/Arsenal finish was nuts!

So anyways, I had no idea that your redheaded, curvy love was married to the schnazzberries tastes like schnazzberries dude.  He must have great personality.