College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteOh yeha, Oregon-Arizona St is at the half right now and pretty sweet. I cant believe how many great night games the NCAA has produced only a few weeks into the season.

And next week it's (4) Oregon vs. (9) Stanford with an 11:15 EST kick off!
2 weeks, Nebraska v Texas.

Is it just me, or did UCLA take away some of the luster of Nebraska v. Texas.  IMO, the Cornhuskers are going to drill Texas!
Yes, and man I sure as hell hope so.

Ol' Martinez looked a little more pedestrian this week eh?
Way to pedestrian for my comfort.

Tracy 3000

QuoteOh yeha, Oregon-Arizona St is at the half right now and pretty sweet. I cant believe how many great night games the NCAA has produced only a few weeks into the season.

ooops, got moved to prime time ABC
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

TEO

I aint missin' that shit! How long since you beat them?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

I aint missin' that shit! How long since you beat them?
I thought it was a couple seasons ago, but last year was bullshit. Phantom second my ass.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

You and Penny putting up any sort of friendly wager or anything on this game?  8-)

Penny Lane

QuoteYou and Penny putting up any sort of friendly wager or anything on this game?  8-)

that's a good idea..!
i'm not sure he's up for another loss to me after last night..
(2 points!! ouch!)
what say you, RM?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

QuoteYou and Penny putting up any sort of friendly wager or anything on this game?  8-)

that's a good idea..!
i'm not sure he's up for another loss to me after last night..
(2 points!! ouch!)
what say you, RM?
How many more threads will pertain to you beating me this past week? ;D

Ruckus

I get it but I wished they didn't.  There are already two great prime time games and I love late night Saturday football.  It helps to keep me from going out.

capt. scotty

I get it but I wished they didn't.  There are already two great prime time games and I love late night Saturday football.  It helps to keep me from going out.

Yeah, and Im working 3-1130...Planned on DVRing Bama-Gators and PSU-Iowa and watching this when I came home. Now Im gonna have to pick which 2 I want
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ophidiophobia

Big day for football today! My picks are Texas, Bama, and Oregon. Looking forward to those three games. I think Texas will minimize the turnovers and win a close game 31-27. I think Bama pounds the ball against the Gators with Ingram having a good game 35-17. Not sure about Stanford Oregon I just feel like Oregons' overall speed wins.

capt. scotty

QuoteBig day for football today! My picks are Texas, Bama, and Oregon. Looking forward to those three games. I think Texas will minimize the turnovers and win a close game 31-27. I think Bama pounds the ball against the Gators with Ingram having a good game 35-17. Not sure about Stanford Oregon I just feel like Oregons' overall speed wins.

I think Stanford is overrated and Oregon will win. If its at Oregon, possibly win big.

Id be surprised if Texas beats the Sooners
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

touchingmept2

BOOOOOMMEEERRRR!!!!!! Hahaha!!!!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Tracy 3000

I'd love to see this guy play against Bama

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

iLikeBeer

This BCS thing could get real ugly this year.  I mean, Alabama still has some tough SEC games left, but if they continue to play like they did Saturday, I don't see them losing.  As for OSU, Iowa now looks like the biggest hurdle for the Bucks as Wisky was yet again exposed for being over-rated and over-hyped after their loss at Sparty.  And can anyone slow down Oregon?  I really don't see anyone from the Pac10 getting in the way of the Ducks.  And then there's BYU and TCU who, based on the weak nature of their respective conferences will be hard pressed to lose a game.  And lets not forget about OU and Nebraska.  I really feel like these two should both be undefeated when they meet for the Big12 championship so the winner of that game would add another unbeaten to this list at season's end.  I know it's early and all and these things usually sort themselves out by the end of the season, but there is a very real possibility of having as many as 5 undefeated teams at season's end.  Then what will the BcS try and pull out of their asses to appease us fans while they continue to feed us with the BS that a playoff isn't necessary???

BTW, can someone please explain to me how Florida didn't fall further in the polls?  I mean, they are still 12th in the coaches poll???  They didn't just lose to Alabama, they were beaten DOWN by Alabama.  They have no business being in the top 15!  

Tracy 3000

BTW, can someone please explain to me how Florida didn't fall further in the polls?  I mean, they are still 12th in the coaches poll???  They didn't just lose to Alabama, they were beaten DOWN by Alabama.  They have no business being in the top 15!  

Tim Tebow    :-/

seriously, I was pulling for Florida, but the CBS guys (I refuse to say their names) mentioned Tim Tebow as much as they did any other player on the field.

Personally, I am hoping that Auburn, Iowa, Oregon, and Nebraska all go undefeated so we can move one step closer to a playoff (not leaving out Boise St or TCU, but they don't have a chance getting into a BCS Title game, even if there are 1 loss BCS conference teams, IMO).

I think Oregon will slip up against a Pac-10 team; that usually happens. Or they will have a "down" game on O and lose 47-42.

EAZYE

QuoteBOOOOOMMEEERRRR!!!!!! Hahaha!!!!

SOOOONNNNEEERRRR!!!!!!!
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

BH

QuoteBOOOOOMMEEERRRR!!!!!! Hahaha!!!!

SOOOONNNNEEERRRR!!!!!!!

Whussup E!   Nothing like a big Sooner victory to get you to come back to the board.  Hope all is well!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Tim Tebow    :-/

seriously, I was pulling for Florida, but the CBS guys (I refuse to say their names) mentioned Tim Tebow as much as they did any other player on the field.

Personally, I am hoping that Auburn, Iowa, Oregon, and Nebraska all go undefeated so we can move one step closer to a playoff (not leaving out Boise St or TCU, but they don't have a chance getting into a BCS Title game, even if there are 1 loss BCS conference teams, IMO).

I think Oregon will slip up against a Pac-10 team; that usually happens. Or they will have a "down" game on O and lose 47-42.

I agree about Florida but you know how they love the SEC ;)  

I agree with ya Trace about the BCS.  Every year we think this is the year that it's gonna really blow up in their face.  I do think TCU and Boise will go clean.  I wanna say that this is the year that Oregon does it but who knows.  That is the fastest offense I think I've ever seen.  Iowa unfortunately has a loss already and Ohio St. who hasn't looked good in my opinion has to go to Iowa where I like the Hawkeyes.  

corey

Quoteseriously, I was pulling for Florida, but the CBS guys (I refuse to say their names) mentioned Tim Tebow as much as they did any other player on the field.

That happened in damn-near every game that Alabama played last year that those 2 guys were commentating. They just wouldn't shut up about Tebow. I just remember wondering why they insisted on bringing him up.

Also, did Meyer forget to tell his players that they were supposed to get in the end zone?   ;D