College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Auburn-Oregon NCG should be a dandy

I have no idea how PSU got a Jan 1st bowl game with the Outback bowl, but Im intrigued how we'll match up and play against Florida.

Also, what is up with all the non-BCS bowl games occuring after Jan 1st?!?! Miami (OH) vs. MTU on Jan 6th? Cotton bowl the 7th? Kentucky vs Pitt in the BBVA Compass Bowl on Jan 8th?! WTF...Ratarded
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

adam w

@capt scotty - re: after jan1 shitty bowls happen every year. i agree those guys don't deserve to be playing then...but at least it keeps the slate full through the new year

adam w

just checked opening lines for bowl games...

oregon/auburn o/u is at 75! doesn't surprise me, but that's a shitton of pts for a spread! still ride the over? (auburn -3 too)

capt. scotty

Quote@capt scotty - re: after jan1 shitty bowls happen every year. i agree those guys don't deserve to be playing then...but at least it keeps the slate full through the new year

Hmm...never remembered there being anything after the 1st besides 3 BCS bowl games
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

Quote@capt scotty - re: after jan1 shitty bowls happen every year. i agree those guys don't deserve to be playing then...but at least it keeps the slate full through the new year

Hmm...never remembered there being anything after the 1st besides 3 BCS bowl games

This is due to the BCS Championship game not taking place until the 10th.  There has to be some filler games to keep people occupied over the course of the 10 days between the January 1 bowl games and the BCS Championship game.

BH

8 Big 12 teams in bowls

5 of those Big 12 teams are ranked

1 of those Big 12 teams play against another ranked opponent

WTF?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

This is due to the BCS Championship game not taking place until the 10th.  There has to be some filler games to keep people occupied over the course of the 10 days between the January 1 bowl games and the BCS Championship game.
The 10th??? This bullshit has got to stop. If it keeps going this way, in about 50 years the championship game will be held during two-a-days.

Of course, if there was a playoff, I wouldn't care if they played into February.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Watch out Crispy, one of the hot names being thrown around town for Pitt's next coach since Wannstedt got fired yesterday has been Dana Holgorsen

capt. scotty

Great game by Matt "pick 6" McGloin!!! 41% completions, 5.1 YPA, 1TD, 5 INTs...God do I hope Paul Jones comes off his redshirt and starts next year.

But hey, it could be worse and we can be Pitt whose new coach has been hired for 2 weeks and already got arrested for domestic violence and is bringing in the new year in the slammer  ;D

Ruckus

Really looking forward to tonight's match up.  I really wish the national media would drop the Big Ten/SEC crap.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out which conference was much stronger this year.  I think both offenses will be able to move the ball effectively after the early game jitters and while my heart is rooting for the Big Ten, I wonder if OSU will be able to fight off the distractions and play a complete game.  Mallett has a chance to really boost his stock I think and while I love his height and cannon, he seems like a player that an NFL team is going to draft too high based solely on those physical attributes.  Then again, I thought that about Josh Freeman and boy was I wrong.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

The only real "story" I get so far from looking at the bowls from a conference perspective is the fact that the once again the Mountain West is better than anyone ever gives them credit for.

MTW West      4-1     .800
Big East          3-2     .600
ACC                 4-4     .500
SEC                 3-3     .500
Big 12              3-4     .429
CUSA               2-4     .333
Big 10              2-5     .286   

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

br00ke

big game tomorrow ... WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!

capt. scotty

Cant wait....I could see this game ending up being almost as good as the VY Longhorns vs USC Bush Rose Bowl if Oregon can score on Auburn 75% as much as their typical games.

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 10, 2011, 09:47 AM
Cant wait....I could see this game ending up being almost as good as the VY Longhorns vs USC Bush Rose Bowl if Oregon can score on Auburn 75% as much as their typical games.

I have no read on this game at all.  Should be fun!  Go Ducks!

Tracy 2112

Pretty sure they're going to go ahead and move the BCS Title game to Atlanta next year, the first weekend of December    ;)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crispy

War Tiger, or something, right, brooke? ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

br00ke

duuuude ... you know what it is  ;) WAR DAMN EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!

i'd like to thank God, my mom and the great state of Alabama .. ok ok, i kid but um YEAHHHHHHHH .... i'm so pumped (and tired). WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all excitement aside .. it was a tough game and honestly i never once really saw Cam play Cam. maybe that's a sign of them playing a great team or i dunno what but i didn't see it. Nevertheless .. WAR EAGLE !!

BH

I saw Cam be Cam when every single damn time they needed 2-3 yards he put his head down and pounded it OUT!  Wow that dude is tough.   He got his bell rung pretty good at the end of the game there, and I thought he looked a little woozy.

I was rooting for Oregon but enjoyed the game tremendously.

Tracy 2112

Ahhhhh, what could have been or can be.

Imagine if Auburn and TCU play next? Imagine if they played 2 weeks ago?
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Good game for sure!  Congrats to Auburn except for Fairley.  So right Tracy!  Still felt Boise could play with them (beat Oregon and TCU last year) along with OSU and some others.  Playoff must happen.

Big congratulations to ya Brooke!  Auburn was due.  Now you can reexpand your temporarily stunted vocabulary ;)