College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br00ke

QuoteIf I were an Auburn fan. I would be VERY worried about Alabama. For starters, Georgia is a CRAP team.  It looked like Auburn can't cover anyone. To give up that many points to UGA is unacceptable. If that same team shows up to play Bama they'll get their heads handed to them

oh no doubt. it's gonna be THE GAME of the year for them i think. the thing w/ the iron bowl is you never know. i've been to games where alabama was on top all season and auburn not even ranked but auburn took them by storm and i've seen it vice versa too of course. when those two teams meet, anything can happen. we are worried for sure. and now we are short those two players for the 1st half too. i'm glad we are secured for SEC title game .. no matter what happens, we have that.

i am really excited for the game though .. i'll be home in Alabama for t'giving and get to watch it with all of my old school friends that are huge AU fans. living in NYC .. everyone up here (that i know) are NFL fans and not so much into college so i always watch the games alone.

capt. scotty

I really wanted Bama to run the table after the SC loss as that basically wouldve made the Iron Bowl a play-in game for the national championship game, but a ton is still on the line anyway and itll should be great.

Oregon finally didnt look like a video game on offense last night. I went into yesterday thinking if they play 1 of the other Top 5 teams, Im not sure I favor them and if I do it 3 points or less because against defenses that have more talent and speed than the crap thats in teh Pac 10, they would look totally different. Last night pretty much confirmed that.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 3000

Bama averages scoring about 12 less than Auburn in SEC games (40-27) however Bama gives up 12 less points than Auburn in SEC games (16-28). I think Julio Jones will be unstoppable against Auburn, sort of like A.J. Green was for Georgia yesterday against Auburn. Maze could have a big game, too. Big difference is McElroy's experience (compared to Georgia's freshman Murray yesterday, who finished with a 170 QB rating against Auburn) who I think can expose an already exposed Auburn D. Also look for short stuff to Richardson (if he's healthy) and Ingram.

Look for Kirby Smart to have something unique in store to contain Cam Newton. I dunno, should be a good one.

interesting stats that has me leaning towards Bama, pulling for Auburn, but also wanting Bama to win to create BCS chaos so we'll be 1 step closer to a playoff:

Bama #14 total defense in NCAA
Auburn #51 (#98 against the pass/ #12 against run)

Auburn #6 in total offense in NCAA
Bama # 25
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

ALady

What's nuts is this  >:(

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Tracy 3000

ophidiophobia

Stayed up til 2 last night drinking and then was up by 5:30 to make the road trip from OSU to KU to watch Oklahoma State kill Kansas. If Baylor beats OU tonight we win the South and Stillwater will be insane tonight.

capt. scotty

Quotethis is nuts

Nortwestern to play at Wrigley this weekend

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Photo-The-Wrigley-Field-end-zones-are-kind-of-a?urn=ncaaf-285722

OK, then this is nuts!

Illinois, Northwestern will have 1 end zone

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-illinois-northwestern

I think its pretty cool, but at the same time makes Illinois, Northwestern, and the Big 10 look pretty bad...they couldnt figure this out earlier?? Also sucks if you bought tickets around the endzone they wont be playing in
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quotethis is nuts

Nortwestern to play at Wrigley this weekend

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Photo-The-Wrigley-Field-end-zones-are-kind-of-a?urn=ncaaf-285722

OK, then this is nuts!

Illinois, Northwestern will have 1 end zone

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-illinois-northwestern

I think its pretty cool, but at the same time makes Illinois, Northwestern, and the Big 10 look pretty bad...they couldnt figure this out earlier?? Also sucks if you bought tickets around the endzone they wont be playing in
It's really funny how this played out.  I felt like I was in the twilight zone already when my friends told me they were re painting the Wrigley sign for the game >:(  Then these last second shenanigans.  It should be interesting.  I'm DVR'ing it in case but I should make it back from frolf to catch it.  Remember everyone, NCAA is about academic achievement.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 3000

ericm

QuoteBama  -4

:-?

Impending doom for Auburn? I wonder if this is the first real sign that the "Newton" shoe is about to drop?

"Where's Jim going?"

Ruckus

QuoteBama  -4

Impending doom for Auburn? I wonder if this is the first real sign that the "Newton" shoe is about to drop?

I like Bama here by a TD.  I think their front will hold up enough to get stops, particularly at home and don't see Auburn's D stopping Bama.  What do I know?  Should be something else!

Hey Eric, did ya get your old screen name back? ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

br00ke

QuoteI like Bama here by a TD.

tisk tisk rob  ;) i cannot even talk about this game. i am so wound up !!! just get me down to 'bama tomorrow, put my AU sweatshrit on and prop me up in front of the TV  :D

Penny Lane

QuoteI like Bama here by a TD.

tisk tisk rob  ;) i cannot even talk about this game. i am so wound up !!! just get me down to 'bama tomorrow, put my AU sweatshrit on and prop me up in front of the TV  :D

i'm with Brooky! i'm going with Auburn.  :P :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ericm

QuoteBama  -4

I like Bama here by a TD.  I think their front will hold up enough to get stops, particularly at home and don't see Auburn's D stopping Bama.  What do I know?  Should be something else!

Hey Eric, did ya get your old screen name back? ;D

Yes I did Ruckus.  Thanks to CC.

Good to be back to my old self again. ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

br00ke

it's heeeeeeere!!!!!!!!!!! so excited .. i'm back in 'bama and everyone in town has their respective colors on. i'll be watching the game with a boat load of old school AU friends, wo0o0o !!!

Weagle Weagle
War Damn Eagle
Kick em in the butt, Big Blue
Hey!

[size=18]WAR EAGLE[/size]

capt. scotty

Quoteit's heeeeeeere!!!!!!!!!!! so excited .. i'm back in 'bama and everyone in town has their respective colors on. i'll be watching the game with a boat load of old school AU friends, wo0o0o !!!

I was working but caught a good bit of the 2nd half...Hell of a game. Beating Bama @ Bama down 24-0 has to be the win of the year by any team. Saban, if he isnt the best coach in the NCAAs, is Top 5. Ive never seen him get so outcoached for halftime adjustments and the 2nd half. His teams usually do that  :o

Even if Auburn somehow loses next week or the SEC championship game, I think they deserve to be in the BCS title game (and maybe the numbers would still support that anyhow).

TheBigChicken

I didn't think Auburn had THAT in them.....down 21-0 ...AWAY.....SABAN.....too much I thought......anywaye congrats brOOke and friends and have aSAFE night !
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

br00ke

Woooooo WAR EAGLE!!! Great game .. I think there is a picture of me passed out post-game clutching an AU football .. If so I'll be share it share it Hahah  !! UNDEFEATED !!!!!!!!!!!

capt. scotty

Quote[size=9]Woooooo WAR EAGLE!!! Great game .. I think there is a picture of me passed out post-game clutching an AU football .. If so I'll be share it share it Hahah  !![/size] UNDEFEATED !!!!!!!!!!!

2 games left  ;)