College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br00ke

..............Heis-man

War Eagle 8-)

some errands took me away for a bit but i'm settled in for the 2nd half of this 'bama @ LSU game while keeping an eye on Oregon as well as Nebraska.

if anyone has an iPhone, i must say the sportacular app is most excellent for up to the minute scores and details for when your on the go

Penny Lane

QuoteScrew you Michigan.  Forcier looked great after his 1st snap debacle.  They still haven't explained why Denard Robinson was pulled.  Ugh, my weekend is ruined.  Nothing a little horse racing bets and poker can't cure right?

man, i'm sorry Ruckus...
that was fun to watch but the outcome was yucky.  :( >:(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Silas Redd, you look like Royster 4 years ago but better. Cant wait for next year. Congrats Paterno!

That said...
-Im glad Bama is out of it for a shitalking perspective with my boy, but everything wouldve been a whole lot more interesting if they went into the Iron Bowl with 1 loss
-TCU is pretty good. After seeing them today, they have my full support to play in the NCG
-Sooners lose, Mizzou loses, Zona gets blown out -> I dont think anyone has any idea what teams deserve Top 10 status outside of the Top 5 or so, which apparently and deservedly so includes Boise and TCU
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

Quote Ugh, my weekend is ruined.  Nothing a little horse racing bets and poker can't cure right?

:(   deal me in.....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ophidiophobia

OSU drummed Baylor, and proved they are a major player in the Big XII. I think OSU should win out the rest of the season. Hopefully we can get a chance to play Nebraska for the Big XII title.

iLikeBeer

QuoteScrew you Michigan.  Forcier looked great after his 1st snap debacle.  They still haven't explained why Denard Robinson was pulled.  Ugh, my weekend is ruined.  

[size=50]GO BLUE!!![/size]

8-)

br00ke

i'm getting super stoked for saturday's game ... georgia @ auburn. if we get a win ... that will clench a spot in the SEC championship. WAR EAGLE !!

capt. scotty

Quotei'm getting super stoked for saturday's game ... georgia @ auburn. if we get a win ... that will clench a spot in the SEC championship. WAR EAGLE !!

better cross your fingers Cam doesnt get suspended before then with all this shit that keeps falling out of the sky on him
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ophidiophobia

The news on Cam seems to be getting worse every day. I think if the trend continues until December he may not win the Heisman.

br00ke

it all really stinks ... i just had to give myself an internet time out and file a massive load of paperwork b/c i was getting too worked up over all the stuff on the internet. i've felt good about the whole mess from the start but it keeps getting messier and yeah .. if i were an old lady i'd need me some heart pills to get through this season. this investigation has been going on since January. i don't understand why it's only getting worse now. oh right .. b/c we are undefeated and he's a leader for the heisman.  ::)

a friend of mine that works @ CNN tweeted from their CNN account that an announcement on Cam's suspension would come in 3-4 hours. turns out it wasn't true (wishful thinking, they are a GA fan). he will be playing this saturday

and you know what .. our backup QB isn't too bad. bright side?

there are tons of articles out but i enjoyed reading this one (due to the positive AU spin obviously) ..  Newton story takes on new life, but it's hard to know what to believe

br00ke

WAR EAGLE .. so0o0 pumped for this game. Let's go Tigers !!

Ruckus

Great game so far!  

Ugh, Gary Danielson is unbearable.  He should just have Cam Newton's baby already.  Georgia's freshman qb Murray is impressing the hell out of me, on the road in this setting.  He has been pummeled twice while running for key 1st downs and three times getting crushed into the ground by an All American to be 300 pounder and at no point have they mentioned how frickin' tough Murray is playing!  WTF? >:(

AJ Green is a freakish talent.  I'm glad Auburn made those early mistakes to help Georgia get the early lead.  Should lead to a great finish. 8-)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

I missed the beginning of the game and basically started watching when it was 14-3 PSU, but I have no idea how we achieved that..We looked like ass, McGroin especially. I hope he gets splinters in his ass the next 2 years because he aint the answer for us at QB. Im not sure he or Bolden have showed enough to prevent Paul Jones from starting next year (hopefully), who I thought was the best from the get go

br00ke

damn .. what a wacky game. we got our ticket to ATL though. the two ejections kind'a taints the win a bit but here we are .. 11-0 !!

Ruckus

Quotedamn .. what a wacky game. we got our ticket to ATL though. the two ejections kind'a taints the win a bit but here we are .. 11-0 !!
Congrats Brooke.  You're right about the unnecessary crap at the end of the game.  Ohh, that Bama game gonna be something.

I need to get this off my chest though.  Fairley is an extraordinarily talented, yet horrifically dirty player.  The irony is that he hurt his shoulder while trying to bury Murray into the ground on that 1st down run he made out wide.  The last play in which admittedly Fairley got cut down, he intentionally stuck his head out to hit Murray low below the knee.  I don't blame him because he's not getting penalized for it but I don't agree with it.

br00ke

Quote I don't blame him because he's not getting penalized for it but I don't agree with it.

i don't know any true fan that would agree with it .. if it indeed was intentional. it stinks though, especially when you pair that with the allegations. we started the season with praise of hospitality & class and now everyone is trash talking us. i've almost de-friended people on FB for their all caps rants about how disgraceful auburn is  ::)

so0o0o ... who are we gonna play in the SEC title game? right now it looks to be spurrier's gamecocks. they are a good team & deserve it .. plus i hate florida ;)

ophidiophobia

OSU is rolling Texas. I haven't watched much of Texas this year, but they are terrible. Weeden has had all day to throw. If OSU ends up winning it will be the first win in Austin since '44 and Coach Gundy's first win against UT.

ALady

Hope none of you guys are Indiana fans.   :-/  It was painful watching that even as a Badger.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ruckus

QuoteHope none of you guys are Indiana fans.   :-/  It was painful watching that even as a Badger.
That was gruesome.  Ritual suicide was in order.

TheBigChicken

If I were an Auburn fan. I would be VERY worried about Alabama. For starters, Georgia is a CRAP team.  It looked like Auburn can't cover anyone. To give up that many points to UGA is unacceptable. If that same team shows up to play Bama they'll get their heads handed to them
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry