NBA 2010-11

Started by Tracy_3000, Oct 27, 2010, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 3000

I enjoyed watching the Heat lose last their opener to the Celtics last night.

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

gardenparty

I enjoyed that as well!

though, i am a Celtics fan.

The Heat have a lot of work cut out for them this year.  They will get better pretty quickly though

Jaimoe

I hate the Heat even more than the Lakers. I loved last night's game too. BTW, I'm a diehard Raptors fan, so I have a special hatred for the Heat (not unlike the Heat hatred boiling over in Cleveland).  

Tracy 3000

QuoteI hate the Heat even more than the Lakers. I loved last night's game too. BTW, I'm a diehard Raptors fan, so I have a special hatred for the Heat (not unlike the Heat hatred boiling over in Cleveland).  

yep, this Lebron "I'm a rock star" move has actually elevated the Lakers into 2nd place of my most hated teams. Amazing how quickly I went from never, ever rooting for Kobe to the reality that I will be rooting for Kobe against the Heat.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

.Walt

QuoteI hate the Heat even more than the Lakers. I loved last night's game too. BTW, I'm a diehard Raptors fan, so I have a special hatred for the Heat (not unlike the Heat hatred boiling over in Cleveland).  

It was strange to see Bosh without the dreads. I'm usually not a believer that a loss is a good thing, but for the Heat I think it was. They flipped the switch late in the game (as they should have), but it showed me how good they can and will be.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

iLikeBeer

I can vouche for the Heat hatred boiling over in Cleveland!  

Tracy, you are so right.  I never thought I'd see the day I'd root for the C's or the Lakers EVER.  Last night, I stood corrected!   8-)

Did anyone see that lame commercial LeFraud made as well???  This guy couldn't be more full of himself???  I really think the backlash he has recieved truly did catch him off guard.  I'm sure he expected some from Cleveland fans, but he is pretty much enemy number 1 everywhere outside of Miami.  Not that he wasn't very well liked already by everyone outside of Cleveland before 'the decision'...

QuoteIt was strange to see Bosh without the dreads. I'm usually not a believer that a loss is a good thing, but for the Heat I think it was. They flipped the switch late in the game (as they should have), but it showed me how good they can and will be.

I don't know if they flipped a switch.  To me, it was like watching the Cavs play last season.  Everyone standing around watching LeFraud do his thing.  He got his 31 points but the other 2 of the big 3 or whatever they're calling themselves, did nothing.

I know they'll be good and I know they'll get better, but I just don't see them winning a championship.  They may have 3 of the most talented players in the league, but to me, they aren't a 'TEAM'.  The Celtics are a 'TEAM' as are the Lakers.  The problem I see for the Heat is, there is still only one ball and I don't just don't see how these 3, who are so used to being THE MAN of their teams before, are going to adjust to taking a back seat night in and night out?

.Walt

I know they'll be good and I know they'll get better, but I just don't see them winning a championship.  They may have 3 of the most talented players in the league, but to me, they aren't a 'TEAM'.  The Celtics are a 'TEAM' as are the Lakers.  The problem I see for the Heat is, there is still only one ball and I don't just don't see how these 3, who are so used to being THE MAN of their teams before, are going to adjust to taking a back seat night in and night out?

I knew you'd be happy about last night...I think we all were (outside of Miami)  ;D

LBJ taking over is part of the plan. They didn't bring him in so he can dish the ball while they're losing. Up until the 4th quarter they all had an equal amount of shots.

The C's were the Big 3 (now Big 4?). Granted they were beginning the twilight of their career, but their egos were still involved. They came together as a team, why couldn't the Heat? I didn't think the C's could work, but they proved me wrong. So I'm not ruling out Miami. Most great teams have options. Very few teams win with just one cook in the kitchen. I'm not rooting for the Heat. Pretty much all I can hope for is that they don't come together. But that's the only thing. I think overall talent and desire to be the best trumps who's going to get the ball the most. But it's a long season.

iLikeBeer

I think overall talent and desire to be the best trumps who's going to get the ball the most. But it's a long season.

This is where I question LBJ.  I've been watching him since he came into the league and if there's one big difference between LBJ and MJ, it's that MJ was not afraid to take his team and put them on his back if it meant the difference between winning and losing.  I have yet to see that same heart and desire with LBJ.  As proved by his bullshit new commercial, LBJ seems more concerned about image than he does about winning championships.  Just my opinion...

.Walt

I think overall talent and desire to be the best trumps who's going to get the ball the most. But it's a long season.

This is where I question LBJ.  I've been watching him since he came into the league and if there's one big difference between LBJ and MJ, it's that MJ was not afraid to take his team and put them on his back if it meant the difference between winning and losing.  I have yet to see that same heart and desire with LBJ.  As proved by his bullshit new commercial, LBJ seems more concerned about image than he does about winning championships.  Just my opinion...

When I said desire to be the best. I'm not talking individual accomplishments. I'm not talking about who's better MJ or LBJ. I'm talking about the team as a whole. No offense, but I think LBJ does care about winning championships, that's why he left Cleveland. Even though one in Cleveland would have been sweeter.

Penny Lane

When I said desire to be the best. I'm not talking individual accomplishments. I'm not talking about who's better MJ or LBJ. I'm talking about the team as a whole. No offense, but I think LBJ does care about winning championships, that's why he left Cleveland. Even though one in Cleveland would have been sweeter.

F Lebron!

We will win a championship before the Miami Heat. You heard it here (second).

Kidding. pfffffffffttttttttt....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

iLikeBeer

I guess what I should have said was that LBJ would rather take the easy way to possibly winning a championship than proving that he is good enough to do it on his own.  I still say he is more about his image.  IMO, winning MVP's mean more to him than winning championships.  

I've also been hearing some interesting tidbits that LBJ isn't getting the pampered treatment from Pat Riley and the Heat that he was getting from Dan Gilbert and the Cavs.  When LBJ was with the Cavs, his posse was given permission to travel with the team and were given tix to games and such.  With the Heat...  not so much!  ;D  Riley has put his foot down and won't allow LBJ's posse to travel with the team like they did in Cleveland!  

Also, I had heard that after the Heat's final pre-season game which was in New Orleans, LBJ had gone to the Asst. GM and asked if it would be OK if the team leave the following morning so he could have a chance to hang with his buddy Chris Paul and party it up on Bourbon St.  Something the Cavs would have probably caved to and allowed but Pat Riley got word of the request and basically told LBJ his ass needs to be on the plane leaving that night!   ;D  

These are some reasons why I don't feel LBJ has the mindset of being a TRUE champion.  Pat Riley is a champion and knows what it takes to be a champion and maybe he can get through to LBJ on what it takes to be a champion.  Or maybe, LBJ will just throw a fit because he's not getting his way.  It will be interesting to see how this relationship plays out because, trust me, LBJ is not used to NOT getting his way.  Something he better get used to quick in working with Pat Riley because Riley won't take his shit!   8-)

Jaimoe

Even though he wasn't my country's leader, I know that there's really only one LBJ, and LeBron James ain't it.

ophidiophobia

I'm with everybody else with regards to LeFraud. I didn't see the comercial but I have seen that chalk throw thing so many times I want to gag. I was hoping they would go 0-82.

On another note, my Thunder are now 1-0. Durant had 30, and they limited the Bulls to roughly 10 points in the 4th quarter.

.Walt

On another note, my Thunder are now 1-0. Durant had 30, and they limited the Bulls to roughly 10 points in the 4th quarter.

I'm going to need your boy Durant to lead my fantasy basketball team. That's right Dylan, I took Durant.

iLikeBeer

Here's one of what will probably be many spoofs on LeFrauds new Nike commercial:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksR2M0afC5c[/media]

capt. scotty

I tried watching the Heat-Magic game last week and realized that I just cant watch the NBA until the playoffs..,.Even if a team has 3 players like that going against Dwight Howard, still boring as hell.

Ken Jeong has easily been the best part of the NBA this year. Freaky like my lady pyramid!! Slim Chin in the house.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9EiHz3XzpM&feature=channel[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLmiU9y8_g&feature=channel[/media]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I think Im going to watch the Lebron return to Cleveland game tomorrow night...for about 15 minutes.

What a chokejob the Heat have been so far  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Please Cleveland don't disappoint me...

Hawkeye

Yes.  Come on Cleveland.  Rock.  I would be going to this game if I had more vacation days.
We could.

Taterbug

I would LOVE to see the biggest baddest mofo in Cleveland run onto the court and closeline that greedy pole smoker.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe