The NFL Thread: 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 05, 2010, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Why does the media salivate so much whenever Belichick and Mangini have to meet mid-field after a game.  Everyone know they don't really like each other--let it go already. ::)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

iLikeBeer

QuoteWhy does the media salivate so much whenever Belichick and Mangini have to meet mid-field after a game.  Everyone know they don't really like each other--let it go already. ::)

The Cleveland media asked Mangini what was said at mid-field with Belichick and he said they discussed their summer plans!  ;D

I will say one thing about Mangini and that is he is at least showing some personality and he has lightened up a TON since he first arrived here in Cleveland.  Maybe this new lighthearted personality is rubbing off on his team in a positive way as well...  8-)

.Walt

QuoteWhat happened to it being a TD once it crosses the plane of the GL? Terrible rule.

I totally agree. All we can do now is play the waiting game, because we both know it's going to be fixed after the season. Although I wish the league would be a little more proactive about rules.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

Alrighty...big week.  18 holes of disc golf out of the way.  My Jets will be taking out the Browns and my Bears will be eliminating the Vikings.  That might be a double or nothing avatar bet Walts ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

QuoteAlrighty...big week.  18 holes of disc golf out of the way.  My Jets will be taking out the Browns and my Bears will be eliminating the Vikings.  That might be a double or nothing avatar bet Walts ;D

First you can thank Chancey Stuckey for forgetting to hold onto the football after making a first down catch that had the Browns in fg range.  And if that gift wasn't enough, you can thank Joe Haden for not just knocking that damn ball down at the freaking 3 yardline and then thank the Brown's OC for some horrible playcalling deep in their own end that allowed your Jets to escape (and escape is putting it mildly) with a win...  ::)

All in all, I can't be too upset with the Browns.  Although that might change if Mangini and company haven't figured out that McCoy IS the starting QB of this football team!  If McCoy didn't EARN that job today leading a game tying drive with less than 2 minutes in the game against a damn good Jets defesne, I don't know what more they think this kid has to do???

The Browns may be only 3-6, but they have been in every game so fare this season and they are definitely showing me there is reason to hope for the future.  It would have been nice to get this win to get to 4-5 with two very winnable games over the next two weeks but oh well.  My hope now is that this team continues to build momentum by beating the Jags and the Panthers (2 teams the Browns should beat) over the next 2 weeks!

Tracy 3000

Damn, I didn't realize that Brady was 7-1 all-time vs. the Steelers (4-1 at Heinz Field!). No wonder Steelers fans hate him so much.

What's up with the Steelers D? They have given up nearly 100 points the last 4 games (as opposed to 50 the first 4)
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Ruckus

I
QuoteAlrighty...big week.  18 holes of disc golf out of the way.  My Jets will be taking out the Browns and my Bears will be eliminating the Vikings.  That might be a double or nothing avatar bet Walts ;D

First you can thank Chancey Stuckey for forgetting to hold onto the football after making a first down catch that had the Browns in fg range.  And if that gift wasn't enough, you can thank Joe Haden for not just knocking that damn ball down at the freaking 3 yardline and then thank the Brown's OC for some horrible playcalling deep in their own end that allowed your Jets to escape (and escape is putting it mildly) with a win...  ::)

All in all, I can't be too upset with the Browns.  Although that might change if Mangini and company haven't figured out that McCoy IS the starting QB of this football team!  If McCoy didn't EARN that job today leading a game tying drive with less than 2 minutes in the game against a damn good Jets defesne, I don't know what more they think this kid has to do???

The Browns may be only 3-6, but they have been in every game so fare this season and they are definitely showing me there is reason to hope for the future.  It would have been nice to get this win to get to 4-5 with two very winnable games over the next two weeks but oh well.  My hope now is that this team continues to build momentum by beating the Jags and the Panthers (2 teams the Browns should beat) over the next 2 weeks!
So what hahappeppeppened was........ ;D
I'll take 'em anyway I can get 'em.  Hopefully we get this crappy run out of the way in the middle of the season.  The D has been very shaky

capt. scotty

QuoteDamn, I didn't realize that Brady was 7-1 all-time vs. the Steelers (4-1 at Heinz Field!). No wonder Steelers fans hate him so much.

What's up with the Steelers D? They have given up nearly 100 points the last 4 games (as opposed to 50 the first 4)

See Smith, Aaron injured in week 7 vs MIA, and Keisel, Brett injured week 6 vs CLE...Smith is out for the year, only game Keisel has played since then was the Cincy game. Last year the D fell apart when Smith and Polamalu were injured, and it looks like the same thing is happening this year with Smith leaving the lineup.

Their replacements Hood and Eason have a combined 3 solo tackles and 0.5 sacks the last 4 games, and as evidenced by last night, cant pressure the QB for shit. Matter of fact, Brady probably couldve taken a shit in the pocket, wiped 4 times, and still had time to complete a pass last night.

They also should just trot out a 62 yr old Mel Blount because Im pretty sure he could consistently have better coverage than William Gay who I dont think could cover a corpse and has been directly responsible for giving up I believe 7 TDs the last 3-4 weeks.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oag8iBB7HE

What else is there to say? He could be the MVP. It's weird the more and more he does well, the more and more Mike Vick the dog killer is brought up. You'd think winning would quiet it down or the fact that this is his 2nd year back, but I guess every time Mike Vick is mentioned so will his past. Which I can understand, but for me, he paid his debt to society.

capt. scotty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oag8iBB7HE

What else is there to say? He could be the MVP. It's weird the more and more he does well, the more and more Mike Vick the dog killer is brought up. You'd think winning would quiet it down or the fact that this is his 2nd year back, but I guess every time Mike Vick is mentioned so will his past. Which I can understand, but for me, he paid his debt to society.

I think he is the MVP right now, and really the only guy you could argue being close to him is Phillip Rivers. Vick is 4-0 and has 15 total TDs and 0 INTs, and that same team is 2-3 with Kolb starting. Rivers is playing at a ridiculous level while also having a ton of injuries, suspensions, etc to his WRs but at the same time SD is below .500

I think it all depends how the rest of the season goes, SD getting VJax back can only help them, and I think Peyton has a chance to get back into the discussion as well.

Jaimoe

I'd love to see Vick fed to a pack of hungry poodles, but he's playing extremely well.

capt. scotty

Goodbye, Jeff Reed! Punching towel dispensers, fighting cops, and running your mouth doesnt keep you in the Burgh when you cant make FG's. Too bad we didnt make an example out of you instead of Santonio.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteGoodbye, Jeff Reed! Punching towel dispensers, fighting cops, and running your mouth doesnt keep you in the Burgh when you cant make FG's. Too bad we didnt make an example out of you instead of Santonio.

seriously what a tool! and to think he is the 12 highest percentage kicker all time in NFL too, was having a terrible season though and never liked him as a person so i'm glad he's gone. his kickoffs always sucked even though he was a good field goal kicker. maybe he can get a job on jersey shore now.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

Keep hatin' Tater...The Bears are for real...for now 8-)

capt. scotty

QuoteKeep hatin' Tater...The Bears are for real...for now 8-)

Watch out for that there Tyler Thigpen!! Id love to hear a Jaws and Theismann debate about his skill set.

Tracy 3000

OK, enough with Brett Favre's post game news conferences as he leads the Vikes to the bottom of their divsion. How anyone still cares enough about this guy to keep showing it is amazing. Enough already.

Brett Favre 17-38 208 yards  0 TD  1 INT   51.2 QB Rating
Aaron Rodgers  22-31  301 yards  4 TD's  0 INT   141.3 QB Rating

And just in from Nashville >

Vince Young no longer Titans starter

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101121/SPORTS01/101121013

Young tossed his jersey (still over his shoulder pads) into the stands after the Titans loss to the Skins.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

capt. scotty

Silverback gets a $25k fine for this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhilHh_aCw[/media]

...and Seymour only gets a $25K fine for this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYVtma_Lvnw[/media]

The league is becoming a joke...I guess Silverback might as well open fist hit Flacco and Sanchez when we play them in the upcoming weeks since $25k and half a game is all the punishment he'll get...Refs were ridiculous on sunday. Of course we had some penalties, but not 163 yards worth. They called a helmet to helmet hit on Ryan Clark when he clearly hit him in the middle of the back. They called back an Ike Taylor Pick-6 because Silverback hit Campbell right after he released the ball, IN THE CHEST, but "landed with his full body weight" on Campbell. First time Ive heard that one  ;D What a crock of shit. The league better realize this type of flag throwing is ruining the game more than saving players from injuries, and get their shit together before the playoffs start where calls like this will be unacceptable.

bbill - thanks for the good game sunday. I was worried when your total yards for the game eclipsed our penalty yards  ;)

capt. scotty

Of course they do...horseshit I tell ya, horshit!!! :shakesfist:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5849496

...tracy, you should send a turkey to Roy Williams house as a gift of thanks.

.Walt

QuoteOf course they do...horseshit I tell ya, horshit!!! :shakesfist:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5849496

I don't think Harrison's hit was worth a fine. And 25k for what Seymour did is about right. Maybe if Ben didn't flop to ground like he just got taken down by sniper fire. He was showing up the Raiders with a 17 point lead, and I think what Seymour did was fine.