Football Gambling

Started by murph468, Sep 12, 2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Steelers opened up at -3.5. Early money on Baltimore takes it down to -3 most places right now, so I'd wait and see if it goes down to -2.5 and then take it.

GB started as +1 and Ive seen it as high as +2.5 right now. I'll wait until that goes up to +3 hopefully and take GB there. I think GB's D is outplaying ATL's right now (and is probably better to begin with), so I gotta stick with them despite Ryan's great home record.

CHI -10 really intrigues me and really all depends on the Bears D stepping up. I have no doubts CHI will put up around 30pts or more. With that logic, theyd have to hold SEA to under 20, which Id say there is a decent chance of. Teams .500 or better scored more than 33 points on Seattle 6 out of 7 times now that I look it up, but the 1 team that didnt was the Bears who actually lose to Seattle that game 23-20...Didnt know that, hmm...Cutler and the offense definitely looked better since their bye though.

I have no idea on the NYJ-NE game. I could see the Jets playing a little better but getting stomped again as possible as Pats winning by like 10-14pts as possible as the Jets D stepping up, the running game controlling the clock, and Sanchez being efficient and limiting turnovers and keeping this game within 3-7pts or maybe a Jets win...That seems like a lot has to go right and change for the Jets this game for them to cover the +9 though. I'll probably stay away from this game.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Laid down my fat cash for the Saturday games.  Taking the Ravens and Packers straight up on the road.  Even if one wins, I'll be up good for the Sunday games but I have a good feeling about both of them.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 13, 2011, 04:34 PM
Laid down my fat cash for the Saturday games.  Taking the Ravens and Packers straight up on the road.  Even if one wins, I'll be up good for the Sunday games but I have a good feeling about both of them.

Nice!  My friend is in Vegas this week for a sales meeting and I'm having him put money on a Ravens Falcons parlay.   I actually couldn't decide between the Falcons and Packers but decided to go with the Falcons.  Now you've made me even more nervous.  I actually wanted to parlay the favorites on Sunday but he won't be there to collect.   I'm predicting Sunday blow outs that are no fun to watch.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Us vs Ravens might as well be a pick em. I guess 1 way of thinking about it is that Flacco/Ravens are due, but Roethlisberger has beaten them 6 times in a row. Knock on wood.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Murph

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Jan 13, 2011, 04:49 PM

Nice!  My friend is in Vegas this week for a sales meeting and I'm having him put money on a Ravens Falcons parlay.   I actually couldn't decide between the Falcons and Packers but decided to go with the Falcons.  Now you've made me even more nervous.  I actually wanted to parlay the favorites on Sunday but he won't be there to collect.   I'm predicting Sunday blow outs that are no fun to watch.

Good luck to ya!  The Packers were my preseason pick to win it all and I'm sticking with them.  Now that they actually have a running game again they are quite the balanced team and well Aaron Rodgers is da man.  Just not sold on the Falcons but they are home.

Jets will win on Sunday BH. 

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 15, 2011, 12:21 AM
  The Packers were my preseason pick to win it all and I'm sticking with them.  Now that they actually have a running game again they are quite the balanced team and well Aaron Rodgers is da man. 

Starks having *1* 100 yard game constitutes a running game?  ::)

I went with

BAL +3.5 (5 shares) ...In the best of both worlds, we win by 3  :beer:
GB +3 (4 shares)
NE -8 (3 shares)
NE/NYJ OVER 44 (3 shares)

A little nervous about that last one, but 7 out of 10 of NE's last 10 have hit over 44, and the other 3 didnt only because they held their opponent to 7 or less points..I expect the Jets to score 17-20 in this one. Also scared about Jets grinding out the clock by running making the under more possible, but I think NE will get a big enough lead early where the Jets have to start to pass

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 15, 2011, 12:58 PM
  The Packers were my preseason pick to win it all and I'm sticking with them.  Now that they actually have a running game again they are quite the balanced team and well Aaron Rodgers is da man. 

Starks having *1* 100 yard game constitutes a running game?  ::)

The game last week has nothing to do with it.  I watch film buddy.  Mel Kiper had been hyping Starks before the draft and had him in the 2nd round on his board.  He was back on the radio reiterating that this week.  Do I think Starks is great?  No.  Can I tell that he is easily better than Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn?  Yes.  You can look at the numbers from last week but you'll be crying when I snag Starks in the 3rd round next year in fantasy while you are taking Clinton Portis and LT again. ;D

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 15, 2011, 02:03 PM
  You can look at the numbers from last week but you'll be crying when I snag Starks in the 3rd round next year in fantasy while you are taking Clinton Portis and LT again. ;D

You get your new sneakers yet?

You can take Starks in the 3rd, Ill take Grant in the 5th  8)

BH

Good luck to ya!  The Packers were my preseason pick to win it all and I'm sticking with them.  Now that they actually have a running game again they are quite the balanced team and well Aaron Rodgers is da man.  Just not sold on the Falcons but they are home.

Wow looks like you nailed everything.    Can you start a thread with the Ruckus pick O' da week?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on Jan 17, 2011, 11:30 AM

Wow looks like you nailed everything.    Can you start a thread with the Ruckus pick O' da week?
Of course I'll give you my pick o' the week 8)  I did miss the Ravens' game straight up but overall it was a good week.  Was up a little after Saturday so made a play on the Bears at -9.5 after buying an extra half point.  Turned out it didn't matter but it would have if the Seahawks had gone for two late.  I turned around and put all the winnings from the Bears game on the Jets straight up.  Well that paid 4:1 and now sitting pretty.

I don't like either of these games too much.  Right now my two favorite plays are the Jets straight up or +3 (whichever) and I think I like the under on Packers/Bears.

Good luck!

Ruckus

I'm hamstrung this week because I don't want to bet against the Bears and the over/under just moved even lower.  I liked the under when it started at 43.5ish and now it's down to 42.5.  I still might like the under but staying away.

Should just take the points for the Jets now that it's at 4 but I'm taking them straight up as my only play of the week.  I just didn't want any conflicts of interest today.

capt. scotty

Yeah, Im feeling good about the Steelers so Im actually going with them. I typically go the conflict of interest way so I win one way or another, but not this time. Hopefully it pans out

GB -3 (6 shares)
PIT -3 (3 shares)

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 23, 2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah, Im feeling good about the Steelers so Im actually going with them. I typically go the conflict of interest way so I win one way or another, but not this time. Hopefully it pans out

GB -3 (6 shares)
PIT -3 (3 shares)

Dude so what do you do?  Post your thoughts on your friends site?  This share thing is just your recommendation?  If you are gonna use Monday lines, you have to post that on Monday man. ;D   Those lines moved early in the week and Steelers/Jets has been at 4 for a couple of days. ;)

I probably would take GB at -3 but still don't feel good about it.

Ruckus

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2011, 10:26 AM

GB -3 (6 shares)
PIT -3 (3 shares)

Dude so what do you do?  Post your thoughts on your friends site?  This share thing is just your recommendation?  If you are gonna use Monday lines, you have to post that on Monday man. ;D   Those lines moved early in the week and Steelers/Jets has been at 4 for a couple of days. ;)

Ahh, screw it!  I just took the Bears +3.5. ;D

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 23, 2011, 10:26 AM

GB -3 (6 shares)
PIT -3 (3 shares)

The shares all depend on how much money you have/are gambling, and goes with my confidence in a pick...Say you value a share as $20, for my picks this week that means put $120 on GB and $60 on Pittsburgh.

I liked both picks since monday anyway, but we have a live stream on all the odds on the site of what they are at at a bunch of different gambling sites..It says SBGGlobal and BookMaker both still have GB at -3, and SBGGlobal also still has Pittsburgh at -3 so there are various sites where you can get those spreads today.

Ruckus

I don't like the line on this game but I like the Packers straight up.  If I'm gonna make a play on the game, it would be under 45.

BUT, I don't really care because I'll be prop betting the hell out of this game.

I figure I'll make at least 20 to 30 bets for the game.  I think my favorite one so far is:

Will a Steelers Player Do the Aaron Rodgers Championship Belt Celebration During the Game (Must Clearly Appear on TV during the Game/Live pictures only/Any Taped Pictures or Past Video Does Not Count Towards Wager)? 

Also:  Over/under 2.5 -  How Many Times will FOX Mention Brett Favre on TV during the Game (Live commentary only Any Taped or Past Video does not count towards wager/Must say Brett Favre exactly)

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 05, 2011, 11:43 AM
I don't like the line on this game but I like the Packers straight up.  If I'm gonna make a play on the game, it would be under 45.

BUT, I don't really care because I'll be prop betting the hell out of this game.

I figure I'll make at least 20 to 30 bets for the game.  I think my favorite one so far is:

Will a Steelers Player Do the Aaron Rodgers Championship Belt Celebration During the Game (Must Clearly Appear on TV during the Game/Live pictures only/Any Taped Pictures or Past Video Does Not Count Towards Wager)? 

Also:  Over/under 2.5 -  How Many Times will FOX Mention Brett Favre on TV during the Game (Live commentary only Any Taped or Past Video does not count towards wager/Must say Brett Favre exactly)

I agree on the under

Yes on Rodgers champ belt, Id assume after a sack, but possibly a big hit on him if he runs

I would go over on the Favre thing, but if it has to be "Brett Favre" and just "Favre" doesnt count, the under is much more possible.

Murph

That time of the year again folks!

hit the over (46.5) tonight...in the first half

Ruckus

Nice job Murph!  I had the best start to a season yet.  Made only one big money play which was the Ravens but also took down a weekly spread pick 'em pool.  Hit on 12 of 16.  Also have a pick three pool and took the Ravens, Texans, and Skins.  To top it all off, I won a tasty six pack of my choice for taking Djokovic over Nadal. 8)

I always found week 1 easy and then week 2 to be a nightmare.  Shall see.