CIRCUITAL- What we know so far...

Started by johnnYYac, Mar 03, 2011, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Mar 06, 2011, 05:25 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 06, 2011, 04:46 PM
Regarding the April 12 "release" date cited above, I see that Amazon shows April 12 as the release date of ISM, Z, and EU on vinyl, I assume reissues or perhaps surplus picture discs? 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_17?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=my+morning+jacket&sprefix=my+morning+jacket#/ref=sr_nr_p_n_date_2?rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3Amy+morning+jacket%2Cp_n_date%3A1249114011&bbn=5174&keywords=my+morning+jacket&ie=UTF8&qid=1299447907&rnid=1249111011

Pretty sure April 12th is record store day.
Actually, April 16th this year, which is also Seth's (scosby2) birthday. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

why would amazon have a release date for something already available? must be picture discs.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 06, 2011, 06:01 PM
why would amazon have a release date for something already available? must be picture discs.

Or!??!?!?!     Could it be that the picture discs will come with a special bonus download of the complete T5 audio with each respective disc!!!!!

(The only thing that sucks about this is that my predictions are almost ALWAYS wrong, so I'm going to say this won't happen, and then maybe it will.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 06, 2011, 06:01 PM

I recently came across this post again, which explains the Amazon thing, perhaps?

Quote from: CC Baxter on Oct 28, 2010, 03:20 AM
keep in mind that there are plans to make the picture discs available again for Record Store Day 2011

littleacorn

i doubt that amazon will have the picture discs.  The picture discs are supposed to be limited to 500 on record store day
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

johnnYYac

Quote from: littleacorn on Mar 09, 2011, 11:30 PM
i doubt that amazon will have the picture discs.  The picture discs are supposed to be limited to 500 on record store day
Yer right.  I was grasping at straws. 

vespachick

Last year I remember 2 of the local stores had issued lists of whatever alotment of things they were going to have before the 16th. I hope we find out which stores have the picture discs ahead of time so that I don't have to run all over town in a hot sweat!

CC?  Anybody?
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Penny Lane

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 10, 2011, 11:33 AM
Last year I remember 2 of the local stores had issued lists of whatever alotment of things they were going to have before the 16th. I hope we find out which stores have the picture discs ahead of time so that I don't have to run all over town in a hot sweat!

CC?  Anybody?

and i'm gonna be out of town so if anyone happens to see two copies of this, can you help a sistuh out?!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

vespachick

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 10, 2011, 12:54 PM

CC?  Anybody?

and i'm gonna be out of town so if anyone happens to see two copies of this, can you help a sistuh out?!

For you Christine I will do it fo sho!  Although I think everybody should buy 2 copies of each.  Just in case we need to do a little swappage post RSD.  I am planning on it!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

johnnYYac

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 10, 2011, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 10, 2011, 12:54 PM

CC?  Anybody?

For you Christine I will do it fo sho!  Although I think everybody should buy 2 copies of each.  Just in case we need to do a little swappage post RSD.  I am planning on it!
Like cigarettes in prison.

sweatboard

http://stereogum.com/652992/progress-report-my-morning-jacket/franchises/progress-report/

I love that the new album was partly named because they were playing in a circle together live......sounds bleeding together until this huge lightbulb flickers and starts to glow.
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

10 songs eh? I like it, seeing as we already knew a 46 minute runtime. Longer MMJ songs are better MMJ songs.
In another time, in another place, in another face

johnnYYac

New article in Rolling Stone (Issue 1127, March 31, 2011)

Spring Music Preview, p. 30

My Morning Jacket
Circuital
Late May/Early June

Tracked mostly live in a Louisville, Kentucky, church gym, MMJ's sixth album "came out sort of easy," says frontman Jim James.  Songs such as the groove-driven "The Day Is Coming" and the delicate "Slow Slow Tune" give the record a more laid-back feel than 2008's Evil Urges.  Drummer Patrick Hallahan delivers his most restrained performances yet, leaving more room for bassist Two-Tone Tommy to stretch out.  "I would give them very simple demos," says James.  "There's something so special about just playing in the room with everybody and letting it be what it's going to be."

So, updated track list (9 tracks known):

The Day Is Coming- "groove-driven"- RS

Slow Slow Tune- "delicate"- RS

Victory Dance- "the slow-building, spooky opener, (with drummer Patrick Hallahan working his high-hat with Neil Peart-like sleekness)"- RS

Wonderful- "the gorgeous ballad"- RS

Holdin' on to Black Metal- "augmented by massed female voices and what sounds like wah-wah-ed horns — a combo that lands the song somewhere between "Superfly" and "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)."- RS

Friends Again- debuted in Birmingham on April 21, 2010 (with me in the 4th row!)

Out of My System- "power-poppy... originally intended to be played by Muppets: An exec recruited My Morning Jacket to record music for a new version of the Electric Mayhem band (the one with Animal on drums), promising a Gorillaz-style tour where MMJ would play behind a curtain while Muppet holograms bashed away onstage. The psyched band began writing and demo'ing, but the exec got fired and the project disappeared. (In any case, the lyrics of "Out of My System" — "They told me not to smoke drugs, but I didn't listen" — probably wouldn't have worked out.)"- RS

Movin' Away- only those at VH1 Storytellers can speak to this, I guess.

Circuital- "The album's least concise moment is the title track, which weighs in at more than seven minutes, beginning with a circular guitar riff over a drum-machine beat, before blasting into multiple sections that came together one day during a jam in James' basement."- RS

Ghosts_on_TV

Nice! The lack of friends again being mentioned anywhere despite it being played before makes me wonder if it made the cut.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

The DARK

Tracklist, I predict, will look something like this:

Victory Dance
Out Of My System
Wonderful
Friends Again
Moving Away
New Song
Slow Slow Tune
Holdin' on to Black Metal
Circuital
The Day Is Coming

Baseless speculation  ;)

Also, its exciting that we're hearing descriptions of most all the tracks before the album. In the run-up to Evil Urges, the same set of songs got the spotlight on preview, and the unknown ones tended to underwhelm... this makes me think they're all highlights!
In another time, in another place, in another face

jmk

I am so god damn excited for Holdin on to Black Metal. It sounds ridiculous.

Jon T.

Quote from: jmk on Mar 18, 2011, 09:01 PM
I am so god damn excited for Holdin on to Black Metal. It sounds ridiculous.
;D

:thumbsup:

headhunter

I feel like i will want to cut school (ok, miss work) and rush out, buy it and bring it home for a spin on the turntable.  The anticipation of a new album and the soon-to-be-here spring is a big reason to smile.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

headhunter

Not to mention that it will be out around the same time as Mt. Jam ...... :D :D :D
was some shakin' and some record playin'

sweatboard

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Mar 18, 2011, 07:51 PM
Nice! The lack of friends again being mentioned anywhere despite it being played before makes me wonder if it made the cut.

I think you're right.  I also thing "Black Metal" is going to be the song the blows the hinges off the door on this record, kind of like Wordless and Highly Suspicios did on the last two records. 
There's Still Time.........