The NFL Thread: 2011

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 29, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

I would just like to say that I'm really excited about Cleveland for the first time in a few years (like 34)...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

Quote from: walterfredo on May 30, 2011, 07:20 PM
I'm sitting at the anchor steam bar at sfo right next to Joe Montana. I'm starstruck.

I once ate noodles next to Ronnie Lott in the SF airport. I'm not even a Niners fan and I was all googly-eyed.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 15, 2011, 10:10 AM
I'm sitting at the anchor steam bar at sfo right next to Joe Montana. I'm starstruck.

I once ate noodles next to Ronnie Lott in the SF airport. I'm not even a Niners fan and I was all googly-eyed.

I sat next to Eddie George at a coffee house in Nashville. He hit on a girl sitting in a booth by herself and then sat back down; her boyfriend showed up 5 minutes later and those 2 proceeded to talk and the whole time she was stealing glances at Eddie sitting next to me. Or was she looking at me?  ;)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jon T.

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 15, 2011, 10:15 AM

I sat next to Eddie George at a coffee house in Nashville. He hit on a girl sitting in a booth by herself and then sat back down; her boyfriend showed up 5 minutes later and those 2 proceeded to talk and the whole time she was stealing glances at Eddie sitting next to me. Or was she looking at me?  ;)

I saw Terrell Owens while I was at PT on Monday.  He was filiming his reality show while doing his PT.  That's all.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 15, 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 13, 2011, 10:56 PM
His comments about Goodell I have no problem with. He's a UFA who didnt make NFL money til his 30's, and now he's getting penalized for it. I wont argue he's made hits that warrant fining, but seeiing them talk about his fines today and that he got 25k for just tackling Brees is absurd.

He's a great football player but someone needs to reign him in. I think he hates playing 3rd fiddle to Ben and Troy P (and maybe even Hines Ward) so in his 3rd grade mind he's looking for press. Ray Lewis killed 27 people in 4 states but he eventually redeemed himself. Maybe Harrison can do the same.

I dont think its about being 3rd fiddle, I think its he's a great player now and he can run his mouth. Go back to Joey Porter, or Greg Lloyd, he's the newest of our LB's that run their mouth and are the public voice of the team.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 2112

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 15, 2011, 06:52 PM
His comments about Goodell I have no problem with. He's a UFA who didnt make NFL money til his 30's, and now he's getting penalized for it. I wont argue he's made hits that warrant fining, but seeiing them talk about his fines today and that he got 25k for just tackling Brees is absurd.

He's a great football player but someone needs to reign him in. I think he hates playing 3rd fiddle to Ben and Troy P (and maybe even Hines Ward) so in his 3rd grade mind he's looking for press. Ray Lewis killed 27 people in 4 states but he eventually redeemed himself. Maybe Harrison can do the same.

I dont think its about being 3rd fiddle, I think its he's a great player now and he can run his mouth. Go back to Joey Porter, or Greg Lloyd, he's the newest of our LB's that run their mouth and are the public voice of the team.

I suggest you go back to the Steel Curtain LB Jack Lambert if you want some sort of a reference to a champion mentality. He let his playing do the talking. You really want the public voice of your team dissing your QB and RB?  Pretty stupid.

TheBigChicken

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jul 15, 2011, 09:57 AM
I would just like to say that I'm really excited about Cleveland for the first time in a few years (like 34)...

;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

darkglow

Speaking of 9ers...

I played football/baseball with Patrick Willis from little league baseball to high school baseball/football.. he's the same age as me and grew up about 10 miles down the road from my hometown in TN.. i wasn't very good at football but i'll never forget trying to hit that guy back, even running full speed and hitting him square on it hurt like hell.. and he played just about every key position for a small town rival school with little to no talent.. but i swear you could feel that guy's presence and you always knew where he was on the field

personally he's probably one of the nicest, humblest guys i've ever known.. especially after the cards he's been dealt in life.. athletics were always his escape from the reality of a shitty family upbringing..

darkglow

capt. scotty

Quote from: darkglow on Jul 15, 2011, 08:29 PM

Speaking of 9ers...

I played football/baseball with Patrick Willis from little league baseball to high school baseball/football.. he's the same age as me and grew up about 10 miles down the road from my hometown in TN.. i wasn't very good at football but i'll never forget trying to hit that guy back, even running full speed and hitting him square on it hurt like hell.. and he played just about every key position for a small town rival school with little to no talent.. but i swear you could feel that guy's presence and you always knew where he was on the field

personally he's probably one of the nicest, humblest guys i've ever known.. especially after the cards he's been dealt in life.. athletics were always his escape from the reality of a shitty family upbringing..

Love it. I played with Neil Walker, the current 2nd baseman of the Pirates, during travel tournaments when I was 12-14. He wasnt even the best player on the team then. Amazing he's 1 of the best players for a professional baseball team right now.

Also, thats sick you played with Patrick Willis  :bath:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

peafunk31

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 15, 2011, 07:40 PM

I suggest you go back to the Steel Curtain LB Jack Lambert if you want some sort of a reference to a champion mentality. He let his playing do the talking. You really want the public voice of your team dissing your QB and RB?  Pretty stupid.

One of my favorite players of all time, besides Chuck Bednarik & Brian Dawkins
Homer no function beer well without.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 15, 2011, 07:40 PM

Pretty sure I said I dont have a problem with his Goodell quotes, not his quotes about teammates, guy. Never heard of this John Lambert, I'll have to do some research.

Tracy 2112

Does anyone, besides Britney, have Kenny Britt on their fantasy team?

Britney Spears brings Kenny Britt on stage

capt. scotty

Very sad to see Randy Moss retire, I think he has a lot left in the tank but wants a team to need/appreciate him, and it makes me feel old at the same time. I was a huge baseball fan growing up, but around '96 or '97 I really started gravitating towards football when I basically realized I wasnt going pro in baseball  :P. Randy Moss was always a favorite, and 1 of the first players that really made football become my favorite sport. That sounds weird since Im 26 and he's only 34, but when he entered the league I was just 13 or 14. Without a doubt in my mind, he's the most talented and electric WR to ever play the game, I dont care how many records Don Hutson might have. Hopefully he comes back this year, just not to the Jets, Pats, or Eagles.

Straight Cash Homey

Jaimoe

Tracy 2112

Jane

Probably going to catch flack for this but I'm a Patriots fan. And, even though i stole this name for my fantasy football team, it's still funny.

Wilfork for Food

aMillionDreams

I'm looking forward to this season but not for my Bengals.  I always have a good outlook and positive attitude towards what they can do on the field but with our QB and two best WRs gone it's up to rookies in a shortened season to turn around an already suspect offense.  Oh god, this could get real ugly.

As far as claim to fames, I sat next to Mario Urudya (former Bengal) at DUI class. No surprises there!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Taterbug

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Aug 16, 2011, 07:45 AM
I'm looking forward to this season but not for my Bengals.  I always have a good outlook and positive attitude towards what they can do on the field but with our QB and two best WRs gone it's up to rookies in a shortened season to turn around an already suspect offense.  Oh god, this could get real ugly.

As far as claim to fames, I sat next to Mario Urudya (former Bengal) at DUI class. No surprises there!

I think they might suprise you.  Marvin Lewis is a hell of a head coach and can motivate young and hungry players. I think once they start triming the fat ( Tank Johnson and a few others ).  I see a lot of 3-13 predictions but I bet they go .500 on the season. They are gonna catch alot of teams of guard because teams aren't expecting much from them.

GO BEARS !!!!     

We need a new song ,   With some updated dance moves  ::)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe