The NFL Thread: 2011

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 29, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

-----Start Transmission-----ATTENTION NFL:  STOCK UP ON ADULT DIAPERS IMMEDIATELY!  NEW ENGLAND IS COMING TO TOWN AND IT WILL NOT BE PRETTY NOR END WELL FOR YOU!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, THAT IS ALL!-----End Transmission-----
Welcome to the 2011 season  :thumbsup:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Penny Lane

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Sep 13, 2011, 10:17 AM
-----Start Transmission-----ATTENTION NFL:  STOCK UP ON ADULT DIAPERS IMMEDIATELY!  NEW ENGLAND IS COMING TO TOWN AND IT WILL NOT BE PRETTY NOR END WELL FOR YOU!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, THAT IS ALL!-----End Transmission-----

YUCK! (sorry MMJF and JY)!...just Muther f-in YUCK!!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 12, 2011, 11:51 PM
No chance we beat the Cheaters this year unless Brady gets hurt. We'll need help from someone else beating them again.

Cant wait for Mr. UGG for Men to retire
New England, with or without Brady, is always beatable.  Last night was hardly one-sided, though I approve of the outcome. 

And is it not yet time to rest the "cheaters" business?  Does it apply to anything about this current team, its players, coaches, etc.?  Dues paid, time to move on. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

walterfredo

Tom Brady=way overrated.  He's not that good.

Oh wait, scratch that.  He's readicculus! 

jones

Tracy 2112

bbill, where you at? I loved watching this guy run at Arkansas and I love watching him in the silver and black

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

lil sis

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 12, 2011, 12:02 AM
Quote from: lil sis on Sep 11, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote from: joey_rogo on Sep 11, 2011, 09:09 AM
can't wait to sit on my ass all day and watch football. i'm not very excited about the giants this season, especially since their entire defense is hurt, but i think they should win today.
They really have the shittiest luck.  Either way, happy to have football Sunday back!

GMENNNNN!
;D ::) ;D ::) ;D ::)

Upon further review...yup, the shittiest luck
I meant based on injuries the past two seasons.  We have 5 starters out right now!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Ruckus

Quote from: lil sis on Sep 13, 2011, 09:47 PM
can't wait to sit on my ass all day and watch football. i'm not very excited about the giants this season, especially since their entire defense is hurt, but i think they should win today.
They really have the shittiest luck.  Either way, happy to have football Sunday back!

GMENNNNN!

I meant based on injuries the past two seasons.  We have 5 starters out right now!
You'll get n0 pity from me sista! ;D  You have 3 Super Bowls in your lifetime.  My Jetsies have none ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

lil sis

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 13, 2011, 10:45 PM
Quote from: lil sis on Sep 13, 2011, 09:47 PM

GMENNNNN!

You'll get n0 pity from me sista! ;D  You have 3 Super Bowls in your lifetime.  My Jetsies have none ;D
Ok ok...umm good luck?  ;)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Jane

[You'll get n0 pity from me sista! ;D  You have 3 Super Bowls in your lifetime.  My Jetsies have none ;D

jets fan ehhh....i'm a patriots fan....heeyyoooo

i just watched a football life this morning with Bill Belichick. Loved it. I wish it wasn't about the 2009 season. that wasn't one of their greatest seasons. it's a great look inside of a team though.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jane on Sep 16, 2011, 07:59 AM
[You'll get n0 pity from me sista! ;D  You have 3 Super Bowls in your lifetime.  My Jetsies have none ;D

i just watched a football life this morning with Bill Belichick. Loved it. I wish it wasn't about the 2009 season. that wasn't one of their greatest seasons. it's a great look inside of a team though.
Where did you see that?  I saw a promo but think it was for NFL Network.  I'd like to see if its on On Demand.  Love or hate Belichick, he's a great coach.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jane

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 16, 2011, 12:25 PM
Where did you see that?  I saw a promo but think it was for NFL Network.  I'd like to see if its on On Demand.  Love or hate Belichick, he's a great coach.

it was on last night at 9pm eastern on the nfl network. part 2 is going to air next thursday same time. it was really good, try and find it on demand if you can.

mjk73

Fuck you St Louis Fox affiliate. Fuck you. Arguably the most historic rivalry in the NFL has a game and what the fuck do you show? Cops. Fucking lame

Tracy 2112

Welcome to 2-1 and a suspect D
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Sep 25, 2011, 07:03 PM

Welcome to 2-1 and a suspect D

Both the D and O were missing some key pieces (Hernandez and Haynesworth) and I bet Oh-no Ocho is feeling kinda goat like.  They killed themselves with penalties--no excuses there  >:(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Ruckus

Ugh.  I enjoyed our brief friendship....

I watched the both Belichick episodes on Saturday.  They were good.  Maybe not as revealing as I hoped it would be but am always impressed by how in such an understated way, he can get his players to work so hard year in and year out.  Maybe my favorite parts were with just him and Brady in his office talking xs and os on the fly and raving about Ed Reed.

pawpaw

"Coach Hue (Jackson) always tells us we're building a bully," McFadden said. "It doesn't matter who we're playing against. That's what we're trying to do, to bully them. That's what we did today."

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jane

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 26, 2011, 07:28 AM

Ugh.  I enjoyed our brief friendship....

I watched the both Belichick episodes on Saturday.  They were good.  Maybe not as revealing as I hoped it would be but am always impressed by how in such an understated way, he can get his players to work so hard year in and year out.  Maybe my favorite parts were with just him and Brady in his office talking xs and os on the fly and raving about Ed Reed.

Ed Reed is as good as it gets. are you going to the game this weekend? i know the Jets are in town.

honestly after last weeks game against the jets, I'm not 100% confident with playing against the Raiders. A loss to the bills wasn't to get overly worried about. Like the Lions, the Bills look great this year. Lets just see how both of those teams hold up throughout the season.

j_rud

Can I get an AMEN? JPP is going to be a household...errr, acronym by week 6.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

Ruckus

As if I need any more reason to despise Brett Favre and or love Aaron Rodgers.  I wonder how Favre's old teammates feel about them not being talented.  Oh yeah, Rodgers had so much talent around him.  Greg Jennings and clowns last year and a bumbling offensive line with no running game.  It seems Favre forgot that he had the Minister of Defense on his side as well.  I hope Rodgers wins multiple rings so Favre can quickly fade into irrelevance

Now that quarterback Aaron Rodgers has propelled the Packers to their fourth Super Bowl title, his onetime Green Bay counterpart, Brett Favre, wonders why it took so long.

The iconic former Packer, speaking in a radio interview on Atlanta's 790 The Zone, said he always expected his previous untested understudy to become his equal in that most meaningful head-to-head statistic: Super Bowl rings.

He just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he's a good player. I don't think there's any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there.
    " -- Brett Favre on Aaron Rodgers' path to NFL success

"I'm going to be honest, I was not surprised," Favre, who won his only Super Bowl in New Orleans in 1997, said on Tuesday in the interview, as quoted by USA Today. "The biggest surprise to me would be that he didn't do it sooner."

Favre said he realized all along how good of a quarterback Rodgers could be and had high expectations for him to be in this position -- in the limelight, winning his first Super Bowl in January. But he also intimated that Rodgers' rise into elite status has been aided by a supporting cast better than he had in Green Bay.

"He's very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right," Favre said of his successor, currently among the league leaders this season with 12 touchdown passes and 1,325 yards passing. "And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he's a good player. I don't think there's any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there."

Before Favre was dealt to make way for Rodgers to become the starter, Favre said in an interview that it wasn't his job to mentor his understudies and acknowledged some friction with Rodgers when he arrived, but said their relationship improved.

"Aaron had a chance ... even though the last couple years it's seemed like he's almost a rookie, he's been around awhile,"
Favre said on the radio interview. "And I'd like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability -- which is obviously very good or they wouldn't have drafted him in the first round."

Rodgers bided his time, then took over the starting job from Favre four years ago -- three years after being drafted with the 24th overall pick in 2005. After winning over skeptical fans and media opposed to his starting, he is now as revered in Green Bay as the guy who once wore No. 4.

"I'm really kind of surprised it took him so long," Favre said. "In the early part of last year season, it hadn't quite clicked yet, and I didn't know it would. I just kind of figured when they hit their stride, they're going to be hard to beat. And that's what happened."