The NFL Thread: 2011

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 29, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoVa_NoLa

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Mar 23, 2012, 12:53 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Mar 23, 2012, 10:33 AM
They are the ones that got caught and I think Goodell is doing his best to ensure that, if this sort of bounty system is going on at other teams, it will now give teams something to think long and hard about if they choose to continue rewarding bounties.

My point exactly. If we catch you doing this> HAVING A BOUNTY SYSTEM TO INJURE OPPOSING PLAYERS, we will give you a warning that you need to stop. That really doesn't drive home the "magnitude" of Goodell's feelings about this.

I don't know; there's just more to this story than we'll ever know and I stand by my idea Goodell obviously knew about it and it was going to go public, so he had to save face and come down hard when he is the one to blame for doing nothing more than give a warning.

In the real world, you don't get a warning after you try to assault someone. You get a warning for speeding, but if you get caught speeding again, they don't send you to jail.

I am in no way, shape or form defending my beloved Saints, but something stinks... ::)

Not defending Goodell in anyway, but my read was that all clubs which were alleged to have bounty systems were warned...the hammer came down on the Saints when the NFL got irrefutable proof (which might have been that email that Payton, after 2 seasons of denials, acknowledged referenced a bounty; or if the Shockey snitch rumors are true, there's no telling how much evidence they had or when they had it).  I'm not sure that the NFL has any solid proof that any other club had/has injury bounty pools.

Ruckus

TRACY LOLZ!

I think it had to do with the new collective bargaining agreement which took effect prior to last season.  The NFLPA likely added wording pressing league accountability concerning safety of the players.  That the Saints continued after the warnings under the new agreement may have triggered this.  The warning card doesn't work here.   They said stop, Saints kept doing it.  The Shockley thing interests me only because of my initial curiosity to who the whistle blower was.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 23, 2012, 02:48 PM
TRACY LOLZ!

I think it had to do with the new collective bargaining agreement which took effect prior to last season.  The NFLPA likely added wording pressing league accountability concerning safety of the players.  That the Saints continued after the warnings under the new agreement may have triggered this.  The warning card doesn't work here.   They said stop, Saints kept doing it.  The Shockley thing interests me only because of my initial curiosity to who the whistle blower was.

?

;D

Ruckus

Yeah yeah ;D. I immediately thought that but its a pain to fix shit on your phone. :embarassed:  He never really made it next level eh?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 23, 2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah yeah ;D. I immediately thought that but its a pain to fix shit on your phone. :embarassed:  He never really made it next level eh?

couldn't resist. i'm easily amused.

Tracy 2112

this is all I got to say (and don't make me explain it to you simpletons)

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.