Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

SPOILERZ

When Walt said "you have to believe me Jesse", he definitely meant "pretend to believe my lie so I don't have to kill you."

Theories:
Walt has faked his death in the flash forward. Carol was scared because she thought she saw a ghost.

Walt might use the m60 on the DEA?

The ricin is either for Jesse or for himself.

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

mind at large

the M60 will be for the czechs... quality has dipped down to 68%, likely todd's method using walt's "system in place." 

lydia mentioned there are "moving parts" that have a cause for concern, so my guess is that those "parts/czechs" will be making an appearance soon.   

jesse gets the ricin

walt dies of cancer... based on the allegory of badger's "147 kirks/pie eating contest..." heisenberg is chekov, sending frozen "blueberries in space" and then bones messes up and sends checkov's guts into space... walt has been seen spitting blood again as the cancer has returned.

quite a stretch, i know... yet, this is part of why the show is so great.  you can take any idea and run with it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/lol-animation-of-badgers-star-trek-story-from-breaking-bad/

parkervb

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
I like how they chose to put the Walt/hank confrontation in the 1st episode instead of making us wait. We must remember it may be the Walter White show but Hank is the hero. Can't wait to see what goes down.

no time to wait, they only have 7 episodes to bring it current.  I've been on Team Hank since One Minute and his comeback from that so I was really pumped for him to deck Walt and I can't wait to see what's next (I do think he takes his case to the DEA - sorta have a feeling he gets cooperation from Jesse, you know the enemy of my enemy is my friend). 
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

Also can't wait for Walt's "Say hello to my little friend" moment to bring it complete with Gilligan's "Mr Chips to Scarface" preface.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 13, 2013, 01:51 PM
Also can't wait for Walt's "Say hello to my little friend" moment to bring it complete with Gilligan's "Mr Chips to Scarface" preface.

This.

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 13, 2013, 01:35 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
I like how they chose to put the Walt/hank confrontation in the 1st episode instead of making us wait. We must remember it may be the Walter White show but Hank is the hero. Can't wait to see what goes down.

no time to wait, they only have 7 episodes to bring it current.  I've been on Team Hank since One Minute and his comeback from that so I was really pumped for him to deck Walt and I can't wait to see what's next (I do think he takes his case to the DEA - sorta have a feeling he gets cooperation from Jesse, you know the enemy of my enemy is my friend).

I would love to see Jesse and Hank team up. Last season I thought there was a chance Jesse and Skyler were going to team up after the classic dinner scene, and then the "Vamanos"..."I wish" line.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Clarkwork

Loved the opening scene to the new episode.  I thought it was a very emotional scene for Walt to walk into his family home and see the fruits of his "Breaking Bad".  His home where he was a loved husband and father. 

Can't wait to see where it goes, but this set up was just about perfect.  I like the "faking his own death" idea from above!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

johnnYYac

I started watching the series from the beginning after catching the premier of the final season last Sunday.  Its been a very interesting experience seeing it again with the foreknowledge of what's to come.  Especially interesting is citing all the times that Hank kids Walter about being the new meth cook in town, such as when he follows up on missing inventory (they found a respirator in the desert) at Walter's high school science department. 

Also interesting is the number of times Walter lies and/or causes real harm to others.  Why didn't he just accept the job offer from his old pal at Gray Matter?  Pride I understand, but... After he blows up Tuco's crib with fulminated mercury, he's sitting in his car with a big bag of cash, screams and hits the steering wheel... then grins with satisfaction.  I think he finds he likes the dark side.  Must've been good too long; I kinda understand that.

I'm using Netflix and can't believe the number of F-bombs they had.  I don't recall any bleeping during the original broadcasts on AMC; wonder if there was some careful editing or dubbing for broadcast.

Looking forward to Sunday's new episode: Buried

Looking at the upcoming and past episode titles for the final season is interesting, especially ep. 1 and 15 as references my home state of NH... and where the story may end?

1. "Live Free or Die"
2. "Madrigal"
3. "Hazard Pay"
4."Fifty-One"
5. "Dead Freight"
6. "Buyout"
7. "Say My Name"
8. "Gliding Over All "
9. "Blood Money"
10. "Buried"
11. "Confessions"
12. "Rabid Dog"
13. "To'hajiilee"
14. "Ozymandias"
15. "Granite State"
16. "Felina"
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

Watched the premier again. Something is up with the watch Jesse gave Walt for his 51st. I think Mike convinced Jesse to bug Walt at some point in 5a. Mike never trusted Walt and he cared about Jesse enough to convince him to bug Walt.

Episode 11 "Confessions" has to be when Walt spills the beans to Jesse about Jane/Brock/Mike.

APR

I seriously doubt the ricin is for Walt.  He wants to win and be there for his family as much as possible.  I don't think he would ever kill himself.  I think the ricin is for Hank.

Interesting thought about Jesse working with Hank to get Walt.  I never thought of that.  That could happen.

Skyler got pretty mean in that scene at the car wash.  She sounded like Walt.  I think she'll play a big part in the last few episodes, which is unfortunate because she was very annoying in a few stretches during the series.

EverythingChanges

Maybe Skyler dies this Sunday? She will be on talking bad as maybe a send off? Vince teased Lydia's moving parts last Sunday. Maybe Skyler's bitchiness comes back to bite her soon?

The watch is most definitely bugged, good idea.

parkervb

Quote from: APR on Aug 16, 2013, 09:19 PM
I seriously doubt the ricin is for Walt.  He wants to win and be there for his family as much as possible.  I don't think he would ever kill himself.  I think the ricin is for Hank.

Interesting thought about Jesse working with Hank to get Walt.  I never thought of that.  That could happen.

Skyler got pretty mean in that scene at the car wash.  She sounded like Walt.  I think she'll play a big part in the last few episodes, which is unfortunate because she was very annoying in a few stretches during the series.

I never agreed with the Skylar is annoying talk out there...that annoying-ness or whatever is vital to the direction of the show.  She was just playing her character and playing it very, very well I might add.  Though, I think a lot of people came around on her last night after saying the best move was to stay quiet. 

parkervb

Jackets N Pones

Hank's only hope is Pinkman.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

3 episodes left. Any predictions?

APR

I never thought Walt would kill himself, but if he thinks he "won" and is about to die because of lung cancer, it wouldn't surprise me if the ricin is for him to avoid a long battle with lung cancer.  I don't think he would want his family to see him suffer for months.

I also think Marie and Skyler will become close again.  They're sisters and will have something to bond over, and the characters keep emphasizing family.

parkervb

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 15, 2013, 10:30 PM
That was tough.

Great fucking episode! That might've been the best, most intense hour of a tv show that I ever saw. Walt has gone beyond Tony Soprano as the worst family man/bad guy ever on TV as far as I'm concerned.

I think Walt is gone now, and only Heisenberg remains.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jared

Quote from: ericm on Sep 15, 2013, 10:50 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Sep 15, 2013, 10:30 PM
That was tough.

Great fucking episode! That might've been the best, most intense hour of a tv show that I ever saw. Walt has gone beyond Tony Soprano as the worst family man/bad guy ever on TV as far as I'm concerned.

I think Walt is gone now, and only Heisenberg remains.

I think Walt is still there. Think about it, he ended up giving Holly back and he made a phone call to make Skylar sound like a victim to the authorities. As twisted and evil as he is, it still seems that his family's well-being is one of his main priorities.