Previous topic - Next topic

pattilovesmmj

Well Jim being the crooner that I think he is - They should cover:
Yellow Bird (up high in banana tree).

Waddy Peytona

Quote from: pattilovesmmj on Aug 25, 2014, 11:01 AM

Man, I don't know about that, but I think White Bird could be sweet.

pattilovesmmj

Quote from: Waddy Peytona on Aug 25, 2014, 08:23 PM
Quote from: pattilovesmmj on Aug 25, 2014, 11:01 AM

Man, I don't know about that, but I think White Bird could be sweet.
Wow Waddy - what a great song that would be for them to cover.  And hey... the name of their band is great too.  "Hey it's a beautiful day".  My neighbor actually has the album and played it for me a while back

millerjustin

caught myself signing along with Jackson Brown's Loadout>Stay in the car yesterday....and then it occurred to me that MMJ would have perfect arrangements....

imagine Bo playing piano solo and singing intro (YES - BO SINGING!), and then Jim taking falsetto chorus in Stay.....Carl wailing on slide, then trading licks with Jim...awesome full drums in the mix for Patrick with Bo transitioning to electric keyboard after piano....

ah hell, I guess I can dream
What's in here won't disappear

pattilovesmmj

Quote from: millerjustin on Aug 28, 2014, 10:11 AM
caught myself signing along with Jackson Brown's Loadout>Stay in the car yesterday....and then it occurred to me that MMJ would have perfect arrangements....

imagine Bo playing piano solo and singing intro (YES - BO SINGING!), and then Jim taking falsetto chorus in Stay.....Carl wailing on slide, then trading licks with Jim...awesome full drums in the mix for Patrick with Bo transitioning to electric keyboard after piano....

ah hell, I guess I can dream
That is awesome, and isn't that what it's all about?  Our dream songs?
That would be a great song for them, and I like your line-up  :thumbsup:
As odd or obscure as it seems, I listened today to "Family Man" by Fleetwood Mac and thought about whether it would be a good song for them to cover, and I think it would and they could put just a little twist on it to make it theirs.

gluvmiller

Was listening to When You Were Mine by Prince in the car yesterday and made dream of Jacket covering it. I couldn't find Prince singing it on YouTube, but in reality I learned the song from the movie Hot Dog, so here it is. I'm still enjoying summer, but this got me pumped for winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqcyl0pbc-w

mcredder

Kinda cheesy, but I think the boys would do a great job with Africa by Toto

gluvmiller

Quote from: mcredder on Aug 29, 2014, 11:04 AM

Have I seen you making this same request on FB? If not, wow, what a coincidence that someone else has been wanting them to cover Africa. Hey, if they have the open-mindedness to cover Wham then I think they can do Toto. My wife wants them to cover the Tubes' She's a Beauty.

mcredder

Quote from: gluvmiller on Aug 29, 2014, 11:19 AM

Have I seen you making this same request on FB? If not, wow, what a coincidence that someone else has been wanting them to cover Africa. Hey, if they have the open-mindedness to cover Wham then I think they can do Toto. My wife wants them to cover the Tubes' She's a Beauty.

Haha no! This is my first request for Toto. Glad to know there is some other supporters out there

gluvmiller

Quote from: mcredder on Sep 16, 2014, 09:04 AM
Quote from: gluvmiller on Aug 29, 2014, 11:19 AM

Always nice to know you're not alone.

Haha no! This is my first request for Toto. Glad to know there is some other supporters out there

robb

i've said it before, and i'll say it again.  Cortez the Killer.

#CortezinPlaya
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

vespachick

Quote from: robb on Sep 18, 2014, 08:25 AM

#CortezinPlaya

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE
#CortezinPlaya
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

millerjustin

Quote from: vespachick on Sep 18, 2014, 01:56 PM

#CortezinPlaya

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE
#CortezinPlaya

I've begun a tweet onslaught as well - Carl would rip up that distorted guitar...would be a good outro from TWTHS with his sparkly ax - same tuning I think
What's in here won't disappear

robb

Quote from: millerjustin on Sep 18, 2014, 03:11 PM
Quote from: vespachick on Sep 18, 2014, 01:56 PM

#CortezinPlaya

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE
#CortezinPlaya

I've begun a tweet onslaught as well - Carl would rip up that distorted guitar...would be a good outro from TWTHS with his sparkly ax - same tuning I think

I just couldn't imagine a better scene for them to do this.  Everything about it would be perfect, I'm thinking I might need to get a #CORTEZinPLAYA shirt made up and hope they see it from the rail. 
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

vespachick

Also: WTF can't I put a pic up in here, up in here?  Jesuschrist. No wonder nobody posts around here anymore.

Edit: LOL
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

EVER AND ALWAYS!

Quote from: ms. yvon on Jan 16, 2014, 04:33 AM
Quote from: ms. yvon on Jul 31, 2013, 01:06 AM
but this is still the jam of my dreams:
Quote from: ms. yvon on Jan 09, 2013, 06:37 PM
every morning i light a candle to hear them play Earth, Wind & Fire's "Way of the World" :beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhW3P7_jvWY#t=193
i support your Cortez campaign, tho.  that song just kills me.  dave rawlings machine does a breathtaking version.  whew.
#CortezInPlaya  :beer:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ericm

I'd love for them to add Springsteen's Ghost Of Tom Joad to their covers catalog. I know Morello just kills it, and have seen him, and Bruce do it several times, but Jim is great on this too. I'd love to see him and Carl tear this one up. I think it could be right up their with any of their killer covers.

Jim James/Tom Morello from the MusiCares Springsteen benefit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VflVKvLSq18
"Where's Jim going?"

e_wind

Have they ever covered any Van Morrison?

Also, I'd love for them to bring back Suspicious Minds by Elvis.
Also, I'll again say Sugaree by JG
Also, all in all their choices of covers are pretty fantastic.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

parkervb

Quote from: ms. yvon on Dec 12, 2014, 03:35 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 24, 2013, 09:23 AM
Debra by Beck
:cheesy: :beer:  this is inspired, parkervb!

i can't imagine many other singers pulling this off besides Jimbo.
Don't you ever turn it off