Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

I think the Wire is better. While I loved BB, I think there was something more to The Wire. It was a show that was wildly entertaining while still teaching you something about the way of the world. That makes since though, considering DAvid Simon's past and goals with the show.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

I've fallen pretty far down the Wire rabbit hole of youtube, and now I can't stop. So yeah, the wire.

THE WIRE - 100 Greatest Quotes (spoilers)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

APR

Quote from: Ruckus on Oct 02, 2013, 12:49 AM
If I'm to split hairs I'd say they tied the bow too neatly.  I don't participate or read any BB blogs, boards, etc so was wondering if there was any significance in the ricochet bullet deflecting off #10 that struck Walt.  Nonetheless bravo VG and crew.  Sits comfortably behind the Wire and miles ahead of any other TV show I've committed this much time to. 

Ricin Beans to Belize - what a trip it's been

What caused the deflection?  I didn't catch that at all.  How could you tell where it came from?  You must have really good vision or watched in slow motion.

bowl of soup

The only possible conclusion in my humble opinion. Somewhat predictable, but in a good way. The goodbye scene between Walt and Skyler (and baby Holly) was as good as any scene that's ever been on the show. Television gets no better than the Ozymandias episode a couple of weeks ago - the last two were about wrapping it all up and they did it well.

Here's to hoping Better Call Saul features pre-Walt Mike and Gus.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

johnnYYac

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 24, 2013, 01:50 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 24, 2013, 09:55 AM

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 24, 2013, 08:57 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
I managed to snag one of the 300 s/n prints of "Breaking Bad On The Mount" that went on sale today (since sold out 'cept for eBay).  Really like it and couldn't resist...

those things are going for over $300 now on ebay. I think it's cool but I'd be looking for a quick profit.
Yeah, sort of the Sophie's choice of poster collecting...

*googles "Sophie's choice"*

yea that can be a predicament.
Had to cave...

I tried to get two of Upon The Mount, so that one could pay for the other but was limited to one at $70 (didn't see a price until the buy button went live, acted fast, more than I wanted to spend).  I never intentionally purchase posters with the intention to flip 'em, but I have to say I could not resist once I started seeing the going prices on eBay.

I posted it for sale at $.99 w/free shipping.  In the first 24 hours, it was up to $355.  Now at $439 with 2 days left!  Holy mama!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190920194007?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Highest price paid thus far... $625!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire