Main Menu

FTP is up..

Started by johnconaway, Jan 13, 2004, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poopship

been looking for a MMJ..can someone hook me up..its all about karma ;D
caspian78@hotmail.com

easy morning rebel

Hi John, sorry to bother you, but it seems like i didn't receive your mail! could you please try again, i would love some live MMJ! thanks
vanheeward@hotmail.com

The_Link

poopship, I will e-mail you the bonnaroo show.  it will obviously tie up your computer for a bit, but it is well worth it.  peace. 8)

Infinite Jones

Is the FTP server up at the moment? Seems to have been inaccessible for the last few days using the IP address you e-mailed me...

thx

peanut butter puddin surprise

Quotepoopship, I will e-mail you the bonnaroo show.  it will obviously tie up your computer for a bit, but it is well worth it.  peace. 8)

Okay, rant time.

Guys, please do not share the Bonnaroo show that's up for sale right now.  the key words are "up for sale right now".  We can't go giving away the boys hard work, when it is for sale.

Now, with that said, the live tracks I host are giveaways because they are NOT for sale.  please try to understand.  I've already had a few folks offer to upload it (very kind of y'all) but I've had to refuse due to the fact that this show is for sale.

Thanks for understanding.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

I believe John's rant deserves a heavy duty second.  We need to buy when something is for sale thereby supporting the guys twice--financially and from the perspective of growing marketability.  Remember, we have day jobs this is their job and we need to support them at every opportunity--especially if we would like the new tunes and new cds to keep on comin' ;D
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

The_Link

I apologize.  I only sent poopshoot 2 songs so he would go and buy it.  I cannot even e-maila whole show.  Sorry for the confusion.  I don't want to piss you guys off.  I love this band too and want to see them make money.  My intention was to get him a taste of the show.  He got 2 songs, "Phone Went West" and Steam Engine".  That was it.  Maybe poopshoot can confirm this.  If you still think this is wrong, let me know.  So, chill out.  Peace.

Chris Jr.

Aw friends,
How about we focus on getting me the Conan performance?

:D

~Chris Jr.
chrismathewsjr@comcast.net

The_Link

That's cool.  And i would like to apologize to poopship for referring to him as poopshoot.  Sorry. :-X

dude, it's all good.  just clarifying for everyone, you included.  no one is pissed off, we're chill... :)

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteI apologize.  I only sent poopshoot 2 songs so he would go and buy it.  I cannot even e-maila whole show.  Sorry for the confusion.  I don't want to piss you guys off.  I love this band too and want to see them make money.  My intention was to get him a taste of the show.  He got 2 songs, "Phone Went West" and Steam Engine".  That was it.  Maybe poopshoot can confirm this.  If you still think this is wrong, let me know.  So, chill out.  Peace.

Everything's cool bro'.  The impression your post gave was you were sending the whole show.  I am not pissed just thought I would restate all our (I believe) intentions for the continued growth and success of our collective source of happiness (i.e.--MMJ) ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

hey y'all,
if you rec'v email from me with the following address:

garagerock@dslr.net

don't be alarmed, it's just me with a new email addy!  I'm keeping the bluegrass.net addy as well, so feel free to use that if you like.

thanks!

The_Link

Hey Fanatic and John,
Thanks for understanding and not ripping me a new asshole.  I think you guys know I love the band as much as the rest of you.  If you have ever been at the front with me, you would see a maniac, but not causing a raucous.  Anyways, peace to you all and please purchase this great recording of our favorite band.  Love ya all. ::)

And

could i have some access to the Ftp?

I love me some MMJ.

Thanks

Quotecould i have some access to the Ftp?

I love me some MMJ.

Thanks

yo, shoot me an email...

hey y'all,
i'm uploading the lebowskifest show.  right now its in .shn format only...i'll start converting them to mp3's tomorrow.

peace.

Infinite Jones

Quotehey y'all,
i'm uploading the lebowskifest show.  right now its in .shn format only...i'll start converting them to mp3's tomorrow.

Now I don't wish to sound ungrateful, because this is an incredible resource whatever format the files are in, but is it possible to post the .shn files or convert them to flac, or maybe convert to ogg rather than mp3 if server space is an issue?

Most Windows media players (Winamp, QCD, Sonique, Foobar, even WMP I think) happily play oggs without any problem at all, and oggs sound much better than mp3s for a given file size... and if there's space on the server, the wonders of how shorten and flac files sound compared to mp3 more than make up for the extra download time. Just listen to the flac encoded version of the Bonnaroo show too see what I mean (after buying it, of course...  ;))

If not, don't worry, just keep up the good work...

thx
IJ

corey

The flac encoded version of Bonnaroo was also a SBD, wasn't it? That's gonna sound better than a couple of mics in the air...  :)

I....er....ah...

Boy, I wish I were a taper.  I don't know jack shit about how that universe operates.

Computers?  Know em like the back of my hand.  

I'll try to do what you ask.  I haven't even gotten around to converting to MP3 (which many people prefer)...so we'll see.

otter

I just got through taking the time to finally catch up on this stuff. The good news is that these files are computer friendly, it will be a breeze for you John

Flac stands for free lossless audio codec. It is better than Mp3 by far, and better than shn (shorten)by a little.

goto the etree wiki for a quick good explanation.

Mp3 is quickly becoming a thing of the past it seems the music lovers who care about quality have had it. Hope that helps.

thebear0284

so how do i get on the ftp thingy? thanks.