a word about the terminal 5

Started by big_hungry_joe, Jun 09, 2010, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchinbig

Don't forget the Yankee Game will make traveling fun too! I'm going to try to get in before 3:00. Hope all goes well for everybody traveling. Don't forget the opening act may save you in this case!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

KingRhinoNJ

Quotenot trying to put a damper on anything, because this is a pretty amazing thing they're doing, but the terminal 5 is absolutely the worst venue i've ever been to. the sound is god fucking awful. i walked from the floor to the back bar for a beer and the sound literally disappears. so take that into consideration, although i'm strongly thinking about going.

hopefully the people who attend these concerts realize the TFF/At Dawn nights will be chill as hell.  it will be good practice for the n00bs to learn when to shut the fuck up.  

I'm almost  more excited they're playing the album and "songs from the era they were made" or whatever.  who knows what kind of bust outs we're going to get over these five days?  I wonder if they're going for their entire catalog... one can only hope.  

[size=18]..... LOLOLOLOLOL You've never been to a concert in Manhattan, have you?[/size]

darkglow

went to scope out the venue last night and decided to catch the Citizen Cope show. Such a great musician and awesome show!

Despite what has been said, I was very impressed with the acoustics overall.

The club has a very inviting atmosphere, and it's not hot like someone mentioned. the bathrooms are conveniently located for all you old folks with small blatters, and the staff is very friendly.

FYI the coat room is on the second floor balcony, stage left, and also the rooftop terrace can be accessed from that side on the second floor as well. There are multiple bars, and honestly not a bad place to stand in the house. I was standing on the 2nd floor for most of the night and was quite pleased.

Pics:

searchinbig

Thanks for posting that! Makes this old geezer feel a bit better.  :)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

KingRhinoNJ

[size=18]... I concur ... Regardless of the fact that T5 is a hangar ... It does have convenient, clean and well-staffed bathrooms .....

But let me reiterate ... DO NOT "PARTY" within 3 blocks of the venue ... Lots of undercover Po-Po ...
[/size]

slappymoe

Quote[size=18]well-staffed bathrooms .....[/size]
so there are people in there watching you pee?

KingRhinoNJ

Quote[size=18]well-staffed bathrooms .....[/size]
so there are people in there watching you pee?

[size=18].... Yes ... And when you are finished they applaud ... Very classy .....[/size]